YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.6 - Ranked Battles

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,675 posts
4,521 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_094_Ranked_battles_1200x240.jpg

Update 0.9.6 brings with it a new Season of Ranked Battles with a 7 vs. 7 format, playing Tier VIII ships.

Weekend Tester
1,428 posts
36,984 battles

Well, what is there to say. Sky piggies gonna kill what little fun I've had at t7.

But with all the usual negativity, the test mode was fair for a change. 10 ranks, each only 1 star. And all ranks safe. :Smile_great:

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
376 posts
22,166 battles

Its not easy to reach rank 1 when there isn't enough players to make a battle. I suggest, again, to let go the under rank 5 and above rank 5 requirement for MM  in PTS.

image.thumb.png.49af60d59d103d6b38276c5482292885.png 

Players
158 posts
12 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

Well, what is there to say. Sky piggies gonna kill what little fun I've had at t7.

But with all the usual negativity, the test mode was fair for a change. 10 ranks, each only 1 star. And all ranks safe. :Smile_great:

You're probably right about the sky pigs. But I do hope you drop less if you get into a bad losing streak.

Weekend Tester
1,428 posts
36,984 battles
4 hours ago, PsychoClownfish said:

You're probably right about the sky pigs. But I do hope you drop less if you get into a bad losing streak.

These are testing conditions. I'd be very suprised if anything changes on live, i.e. last safe rank at 12. And honestly, of the many things that are wrong with ranked, making it easier for the match spammers is not one of them.

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles
On 6/20/2020 at 4:03 AM, powerverde said:

Its not easy to reach rank 1 when there isn't enough players to make a battle. I suggest, again, to let go the under rank 5 and above rank 5 requirement for MM  in PTS.

image.thumb.png.49af60d59d103d6b38276c5482292885.png 

And what that requirements would be?

[TOXIC]
Players
108 posts
6,638 battles

I have to say I really enjoyed ranked season 16 at T7. I think T7 offers quite a well-balanced environment for this type of competitive play with a few but not too many radar ships, some interesting premiums with unique playstyles to play with or against and a good overall powerlevel. The only problem probably is that T7 cruisers tend not to survive too well in those small team sizes… But I think that could partially be fixed by stretching out the caps a little compared to last season's cap placement and sizing up the teams to 8v8. That way the battle wouldn't compress itself as much as it did and cruisers could have a little more wiggle room.

What I would also really love to see would be a T5 season :)

Different question: Have you ever considered banning specific ships from ranked, like the ones you deemed too strong yourself (Belfast, Kutuzov etc.)?

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
On 6/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, Hades_warrior said:

Ranked seems dead on PTS.

Can't find 1 team for play... I'm waiting in the queue for 10 minutes each time...

Hi Captain, 
On the Public Test Server, due to a minor number of players participating, the matchmaking can take longer, especially if you are choosing a game mode that is not “Random Battles”.

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles
58 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 
On the Public Test Server, due to a minor number of players participating, the matchmaking can take longer, especially if you are choosing a game mode that is not “Random Battles”.

Does PTS have 1 worldwide server (like steam platform have) or is it PTS EU, PTS US, etc?

I see offen in queue that there are in example 8-10 players ''in my zone'', but at least the same amount more is in queue as well which are marked as out of range or something.

I would like to know why match maker can't connect all players in queue so it would not wait too long for more players from same zone.

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
On 6/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, Hades_warrior said:

Advanced issues found

👕
On 6/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, Hades_warrior said:

Does PTS have 1 worldwide server (like steam platform have) or is it PTS EU, PTS US, etc?

I see offen in queue that there are in example 8-10 players ''in my zone'', but at least the same amount more is in queue as well which are marked as out of range or something.

I would like to know why match maker can't connect all players in queue so it would not wait too long for more players from same zone.

Hi Captain, 

Yes, the server of the Public Test is global; but sometimes it still requires more time to assemble a match because on PT there are significantly fewer users with the right conditions compared to the Main Servers environment. (Also the peek of players is usually at the begging of Public Test, many users, in fact, stop playing PT once they completed the missions and tried all the news 😊).

• Cool 1