YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.6 - General Feedback

64 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Preview_096_Public_Test_1920x460.jpg

Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.9.6!

The German Carriers event, Ranked Battles, updates to the Modules tab, and other improvements. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!

Round 2 Schedule

Starts Thursday 25th June 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Ends Tuesday 30th June 07:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Special Features of the Test

You won't be able to obtain German aircraft carriers flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430IV Rhein, flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430VI Weser, and flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430VIII August von Parseval on the Public Test server.

Summer Season

Public Test 0.9.6 opens the Summer Season, which is scheduled to run across three updates.

Rewards:

• Completing two Directives will reward you with a season emblem.
  • Completing three Directives will reward you with a unique flag, patch, and Premium Ship VI container.
  • Ultimate PT Warrior unique emblem. This emblem will be granted to all players who collect four different season emblems.

Summer Season #1

Complete any six missions of the Summer Season #1 Directive.

Reward on the live server: 2x German Carriers containers

The missions can be completed only once, playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random and Ranked Battles.

Other Improvements

We've updated the audio parameters in our game and added a number of new sound effects. You can view a detailed list of the various improvements and changes in the Development Blog, as well as in our article about Update 0.9.6.

When Update 0.9.6 hits the Live Servers you'll need to readjust the sound parameters according to your preferences. We recommend setting maximum volume for the sound categories.

The following Ports have been updated to conform to the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology: Naval Base, Azur Lane, Dragon, and Sarushima Base.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_naval_base_after_EN_1920x1080.jpg

The icons, descriptions, and names of some types of consumables with special parameters have been changed. This will place additional emphasis on the differences between these types of consumables and the standard ones.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_smoke_EN_1920x1080.jpg

You can leave particular feedback for other topics of PT 0.9.6 in following threads

[_SCR-]
Players
6 posts
7,086 battles

Excuse me but why on Earth did you simply copy our live server acc to the PT?

Apart from the fact that I liked the diversity and having different instances of a ship to play around and test for myself which i can understand it not mattering to you, I also had a bunch of Camos and other premium ships that I do not own on the Live one. I wasnt credited these, I earned them through fighting and Directives.

Most of them I didnt get the chance to really enjoy because the PT runs for such short periods..

Why did they go bye-bye? 

I honestly feel a little cheated on that part...

• Cool 2

[B_G_T]
Players
4 posts
1,976 battles

The sound effect when a shell hit a ship is great.

When will the Swedish language be added to the game?

The sound on the aircraft and the voice is better now.

Players
8 posts
3,948 battles
3 hours ago, Plasko said:

Excuse me but why on Earth did you simply copy our live server acc to the PT?

Apart from the fact that I liked the diversity and having different instances of a ship to play around and test for myself which i can understand it not mattering to you, I also had a bunch of Camos and other premium ships that I do not own on the Live one. I wasnt credited these, I earned them through fighting and Directives.

Most of them I didnt get the chance to really enjoy because the PT runs for such short periods..

Why did they go bye-bye? 

I honestly feel a little cheated on that part...

For me the same

Public Test of Update 0.9.6!

- "At the start of the Public Test, every participant will have all researchable Tier VI ships, helmed by Commanders with 15 skill points, credited to their PT accounts."

- " If you played at least one battle on the Public Test server during the 0.9.3–0.9.5 Public Tests, your account will be copied from the live server to the Public Test server. "

oke but what hapend to the tier VIII, IX and X,  those i already reseached? and the ship i had from the sovjet tokens?

• Cool 2

[BASIC]
Players
800 posts
21,854 battles

I can't see the point of this test iteration. New sounds, ok, seems good. Equipment tab, ok , fine. New german CVs - nope. Working armoury - nope. New event containers to obtain and check it's rewards - nope. That's really underwhelming.

• Cool 1

Players
867 posts
12,643 battles

Making the PT reward missions somewhat incompatible with each other isn't just a questionable move, but it also contradicts the fundamental goal of a testing environment: It encourages the players to focus certain ships which they consider best suited to reach the mission goal as effectively as possible. You won't get a large and diverse sample that way...

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles

Commanders!

We are having technical issues with Armory availability on the Public Test server. Unfortunately Armory won't be available until the second round of 0.9.6 Public Test.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

• Cool 1

Players
241 posts
8,066 battles

So after testing i will list the things that's seems like working.

• Sounds are awesome and they are working as intended.
  • New Hamburg looks great outside the smoke of aircrafts sometimes dissappering is bit weird, I didn't see any problem on Naval base, Sarushima bas but AL port looks the same to me.
  • German CV event, I didn't understand them due to Armory being unavailable.
  • Ranked is Ranked as always its working as always.

One thing about German CV event is i wanna know more about German collection. But i guess i will just wait until that time.

[KWK]
Players
2 posts
5,460 battles

I find the new sound effects ineffectual. OK it is a test server but balancing still needs to be resolved. If you have a tier 8 battleship against a tier 9 or 10 you are literally toast. Yes I know you have more points if you can achieve it but the differential is much greater than a tier 6 to tier 7.

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles

The new sound effects when a ship gets hit are terrible and make no sense at all, they sound like someone is throwing rocks at a plastic can.

They are very unpleasant to my ears and after some time it gets very uncomfortable to the point of going to the settings and turning off the sound effects.

• Cool 1

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles

I really dont like new sound effects in the game. It feel strange...

Can we somehow turn them off?

This really distract me from playing game normal. If we cant turn them off and keep current audio 0 9 5 i'll be forced to play with muted sound.

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
11 hours ago, steveraptor said:

The new sound effects when a ship gets hit are terrible and make no sense at all, they sound like someone is throwing rocks at a plastic can.

They are very unpleasant to my ears and after some time it gets very uncomfortable to the point of going to the settings and turning off the sound effects.

Can you turn them off in sound settings? Where is that option?

Weekend Tester
1,430 posts
37,033 battles

So let's ask a stupid question. The targets are miles and miles away. Yet I hear the impact sound immediately. Seriously? That's an amazing alternate universe where this game is taking place.

• Funny 2

Players
3 posts
3,234 battles

i like the new sounds, eveyrthing seems more lively (shots, planes).

Only thing i hate is the sound planes make when engine boosting: i.e. the sound when you stop boosting gets really annoying when 'feathering' your boost. Also the overall audio feedback on boost levels feels less informative then before (harder to tell how much boost i have left)

[TAOWS]
Players
17 posts
7,260 battles

The new module screens work, especially having all on one view, but I liked the icons from the old views. Could you combine them? It would look better.

The new sounds for when you hit something are probably more realistic, but a bit odd at first. I am used to the old scratchy sounds, so the booming sounds of metal on metal at a distance take a bit of getting used to and, as mentioned above, in reality the sound would not get back to you straight away. However, it is a game, so I suspect the real delay would be really confusing!

Overall more of a change than an improvement.

• Cool 1

Players
2,322 posts
20,586 battles

Generally like the sound changes they take a bit of getting used too but sound more realistic, but PLEASE turn the volume down on the fires!

All the other sounds are at a reasonable volume but fires are way too loud especially since how often you are on fire if your a BB or a DD running away and need to concentrate on dodging.

WG Staff
2,513 posts
930 battles
On 6/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Hades_warrior said:

I really dont like new sound effects in the game. It feel strange...

Can we somehow turn them off?

This really distract me from playing game normal. If we cant turn them off and keep current audio 0 9 5 i'll be forced to play with muted sound.

@OldEasyT

Hi Captains, 

Thank you for your feedback, could specify which sounds you don't like exactly (and possibly why)? 😊

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

@OldEasyT

Hi Captains, 

Thank you for your feedback, could specify which sounds you don't like exactly (and possibly why)? 😊

I believe I found solution. I was annoyed by damage sound effect (enemy shells hitting me) so I wanted to turn that thing off and my clan mates told me that I can turn that off in audio settings under ''Damage Volume''.

Its really a strange sound. And also very loud by default. To be honest that kind of sound distracting me from focusing into battle.

WG Staff
2,513 posts
930 battles
28 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I believe I found solution. I was annoyed by damage sound effect (enemy shells hitting me) so I wanted to turn that thing off and my clan mates told me that I can turn that off in audio settings under ''Damage Volume''.

Its really a strange sound. And also very loud by default. To be honest that kind of sound distracting me from focusing into battle.

Thank you a lot for your deepen feedback Captain, I'll pass it internally 😉

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,773 posts
15,165 battles
15 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Do we get an alternative Camo scheme and a second Flag for german Ships?

Mr Conway came very very close to saying that we will get a second flag during the german event.

• Cool 1

[KWK]
Players
2 posts
5,460 battles
5 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

@OldEasyT

Hi Captains, 

I have grown to accept the sound of the shells hitting your ship but the sounds when they hit an opponents ship were OK before (accepting that you need some notification of a hit). When you launch your fighters from a battleship they do not even sound like a plane possibly a sewing machine?

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,513 posts
930 battles
13 hours ago, OldEasyT said:

I have grown to accept the sound of the shells hitting your ship but the sounds when they hit an opponents ship were OK before (accepting that you need some notification of a hit). When you launch your fighters from a battleship they do not even sound like a plane possibly a sewing machine?

Thank you for your more detailed feedback Captain, we really appreciate 😊