Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Black_Adder

Submarines (Sonar lock after Sub sunk)

2 comments in this topic

[T-U-S]
Players
37 posts
3,879 battles

Hi folks, have played since the start of this trial, and have noticed that I fire and lock torps, thats fine, good distance and all that, but when my sub is sunk, I stay in the game and see my torps miss. Is this because I have sunk that the SONAR lock does not work anymore. Example is Cachalot fired at about 4-5 km, then locked on both ends, and then sunk by destroyer. So does that take my torp lock off as I am sunk. 

Thanks everyone, sorry if this has been asked before. 

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts

WG and physics are mortal enemies. If the torpedoes were of the active or passive homing type, then no further input from the ship after launch would be necessary. Only in the case of semi-active homing continuous target designation would be required. As your target lock goes poof after a while, I have no idea how their guidance is supposed to work here. Either they are inertially guided and continue to the last sonar-designated position until they receive updated information from the sub by another successful ping, or they follow the engine sound of the target. In this case, there would be no requirement to ping the target at all after the first designation. Ask WG. Maybe they have some sikrit information.

Sign in to follow this