Sign in to follow this  
ZombieOnWoWs

US BB builds

12 comments in this topic

Players
115 posts
6,280 battles

Hello looking for a uss bb build since many things have been updated and i read stuff before all these changes what do you think is a good build for the us ships, currently at the ny thanks.

Players
3,108 posts

It has some pretty slow boats there. You need to steel yourself for a couple of tiers. Someone will give you a couple of good suggestions for sure. Heals, anti-fire protection are a must.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles

Standard BB build:

1947619014_USN-8-NorthCarolina.thumb.jpg.00e2dc6f6c187b21ec3f7e3515bfa76e.jpg

order of picking:

1. 1 point SA
  2. 2 points AR
  3. 3 points SI
  4. 4 points CE
  5. 4 points FP
  6. 3 points BoS
  7. 2 points EM

If you have Halsey, you can go this because of his improved skills (the appearance and name is changed via mod, but this is Halsey):

857276273_USN-X-MontanaMissouriGeorgiaAlaskaAlabamaArizonaWestVirginiaTexasArkansas.thumb.jpg.8bc80169618c5640cac4e11a5fa33d27.jpg

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

For the tech tree bb's I've generally gone with the following;

Upgrades - MAM1, DCSM1, MBM2, DCSM2, CSM1 and APRM2

MBM2 is nice to use now, as it doesn't come with the DPM penalty it used to, so helps get those turrets turning. Most other lines of BB's I have gone Aiming system in this slot, but the american bb's doesn't have that upgrade available.

Captain skills, first ten - PT, EM, SI & CE. After that, AR, EL, JoaT and FP

I used to spec into some AA buff's from the New Mex and up, but seeing as they buffs are marginal and the AA doesn't appear to do all that much since the rework, it kind of feels pointless and a waste of skills & upgrades.

Players
115 posts
6,280 battles
41 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Standard BB build:

1947619014_USN-8-NorthCarolina.thumb.jpg.00e2dc6f6c187b21ec3f7e3515bfa76e.jpg

order of picking:

1. 1 point SA
  2. 2 points AR
  3. 3 points SI
  4. 4 points CE
  5. 4 points FP
  6. 3 points BoS
  7. 2 points EM

If you have Halsey, you can go this because of his improved skills (the appearance and name is changed via mod, but this is Halsey):

857276273_USN-X-MontanaMissouriGeorgiaAlaskaAlabamaArizonaWestVirginiaTexasArkansas.thumb.jpg.8bc80169618c5640cac4e11a5fa33d27.jpg

29 minutes ago, Commander_Ericson said:

MBM2 is nice to use now, as it doesn't come with the DPM penalty it used to, so helps get those turrets turning. Most other lines of BB's I have gone Aiming system in this slot, but the american bb's doesn't have that upgrade available.

I used to spec into some AA buff's from the New Mex and up, but seeing as they buffs are marginal and the AA doesn't appear to do all that much since the rework, it kind of feels pointless and a waste of skills & upgrades.

Fair enough i thought so my main problem was being stuck between art plot and main bat 2 , thanks for the info.

Players
115 posts
6,280 battles
51 minutes ago, Commander_Ericson said:

how bout art plot room just for ny to nc feels like by the time i get in position the games over resulting in hardly any dmg.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles
4 minutes ago, 98195498984849894 said:

how bout art plot room just for ny to nc

no, just no, his tip is the best you can equip your high tier US BBs

stick to this:

1 hour ago, Commander_Ericson said:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, 98195498984849894 said:

Hello looking for a uss bb build since many things have been updated and i read stuff before all these changes what do you think is a good build for the us ships, currently at the ny thanks.

For silver line:

PM or EL-EM/AR-SI/BOS-CE/FP

MAM1-DCSM1-APRM1-DCSM2-CSM1-APRM2 or MBM3 dependind if you want more accuracy or more DPM

For Mass/Georgia/Ohio:

PM/EL - EM or AR-SI-CE/AFT/FP

AAM1-DCSM1-SBM1-DCSM2-CSM1-and again min guns depending on preference

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
242 posts
7 hours ago, Commander_Ericson said:

Captain skills, first ten - PT, EM, SI & CE. After that, AR, EL, JoaT and FP [...]

In my opinion Expert Loader is way too situational. How often do you actually need to switch between HE and AP on a US battleship? I hardly do. I always choose Preventive Maintenance instead because even temporarily losing a turret hurts way more especially when sharp angles are limiting you to your front ones.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
10 hours ago, 98195498984849894 said:

how bout art plot room just for ny to nc feels like by the time i get in position the games over resulting in hardly any dmg.

You can run it. I run it on all USN BBs except the premium secondary ones, because the only real other choice is better turret traverse. Frankly, it doesn't matter. It's the most inconsequential slot. Just, only because your Iowa/Montana has 27 km range, don't try to stay at that range...

3 hours ago, Benaulim said:

In my opinion Expert Loader is way too situational. How often do you actually need to switch between HE and AP on a US battleship? I hardly do. I always choose Preventive Maintenance instead because even temporarily losing a turret hurts way more especially when sharp angles are limiting you to your front ones.

While it is generally more advisable to look for easier targets and not focus on the hard to kill target, if you have to remove a roadblock or kill a DD, HE is very handy.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles
6 hours ago, Benaulim said:

As I said that's my build. I didn't say it was the only one or the only way to spec them.

For me I find American turrets pretty strong and rare for a turret to go out of action or worse destroyed. Others like French and British seem to get knock out a lot more. Germans I tend to not bother with EL as the HE is so weak and normally AP to DD's and superstructures does about the same damage.

But I find EL useful for close in to caps where dd's can pop up and quickly switching to HE can make the difference between killing it and not eating torps or getting some overpens and eating torps. Especially when using the Doe brothers. Just my personal choice.

Sign in to follow this