You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spearhawk1969

Can I have my money back for the Massachuset?

109 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

I bought this tub of a boat and there is nothing golden about it.

Sure ppl praise the secondaries to be good, but ask yourself this, when you can double fire

the ship without any problem and even when repair is used you directly double fire it, then 

how do you intend to get into secondary range before you explode?

1v1 maybe but getting into 1v1 with this ship that stears like a pregnant whale is far from easy

hitting something rarely give a citadel so I am stuck cruising back and forth waiting to get burned down

but ships that got automatic cannons thats fire and double fire easy.

I want my money back so I can buy something that can be used, or make Massafirebrand

into a russian ship then perhaps it can be given some that is worth called "premium".

• Funny 21
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
Just now, The_White_Whale said:

One of the most powerful ships in the game and borderline OP at tier.. A 'tub'

Lol nope.

even my CV Midway is faster at reacting to helm commands...so yeah

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,951 posts
15,461 battles
2 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

I bought this tub of a boat and there is nothing golden about it.

<sets out lawn chair>

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 8

Players
270 posts
3,016 battles
1 minute ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

even my CV Midway is faster at reacting to helm commands...so yeah

The midway has a 5s slower ruddershift and almost double the turning circle.

The Massa is one of the most capable, and fun, BBs in the game, maybe watch some videos on how to play it? Your BB stats suggest that they definitely aren't your thing.

• Cool 3

[LEEUW]
Players
3,145 posts
10,750 battles

You simply lack the experience to make her work. Play a silver bb line to atleast tier 8 before playing massa. 

The massa is one of the strongest tier 8 ships in the game but it requires a somewhat skilled and experienced driver because she doesn't do well sitting back nor yolo'ing in. 

In order be successful in the massa you need to be able to read the battle, know when to push and where to position yourself. And due to its peculiarities and characteristics you need to be able to think and adapt quick, you need to be capable of close quarter combat and you need to prioritize your enemies well. 

• Cool 10

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles

Massy is a very good ship, Id argue if not the best atleast top 3 best BBs at tier 8.

+ Big guns with US AP

+ Extremely accurate secondaries

+ Short cooldown powerful heal

+ Extremely good torp belt

However. I do not do as well in this ship as I used to. After having played Bismarck/Tirpitz quiet a lot Massy feels slow, sluggish and frustrating to move around. Bismarcks secondaries also do more damage, theyre not as accurate but they hit harder

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,696 battles

According to CC statements the only reason why Massa is not being pulled from the shop is because no one is complaining about how she is overpowered.

Massa is also the only ship that is capable of even remotely competing with Enterprise for the top T8 spot in weekly stats.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,951 posts
15,461 battles
3 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

go get your own ;)

Heh!

If you want a more constructive answer: I'm afraid this is what some might refer to as a L2P issue:

• At time of writing, you have 750 randoms under your belt, of which 77% (+ change) are in CVs.
  • Your highest tier silver BB is T7.
  • Neither of these things is a bad thing (CV haters - behave yourselves!), but it does mean you're trying to play a high(ish) tier BB without the necessary skills/experience.
  • MA also benefits from a high point captain (although that's true of most things in the +2 MM bracket); you may well not have one that's good enough yet?

You probably won't get a refund on MA (too many battles), but you can take some useful steps to make the purchase a lot more worthwhile (she is a good ship, and I don't really like BBs):

• Short term, play her in Coop - MA is a hoot against bots as she's ideal for the more manly playstyle that'll get you horribly sunk against real people (she's an easy way to bag the 'secondaries/main gun hits' mission in the second directive too). You'll make a profit and your expensive ship won't be a port queen.
  • In the meantime, play a lot more BBs against real people, but lower-mid tier ones; I'd suggest trying some of the other lines besides the US too - it's horribly tedious trying to learn to BB with mid tier Americans due to their being painfully slow (speed improves at T8)..
  • It's also worth playing at least a bit in cruisers and DDs; HE spam from the former and torps from the latter are threats; a good way to understand how they work is to play them yourself. You already know all about CVs.
  • Develop a 'good enough' captain for your US silver BBs (or at least one of them): although MA is most fun with a manly build captain, the optimal choice is still a vanilla 'tank' build which coincides with what you want for the regular line.

Once you've got the hang of the essentials of BBing (perhaps forgo the excessive Cheeto consumption between salvos though?), and do so nearer T8, then switch back to playing MA against real people again.

• Cool 11

Players
821 posts
2,304 battles

I bought Miss Massa 8 days after starting to play Warships and

She is my 2nd best ship for shooting down aircraft, average of 4.41 per battle

and I'm 54% WR in her....... (Random of course, co-op WR doesn't count.....)

She's a bit good.

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
10 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Massy is a very good ship, Id argue if not the best atleast top 3 best BBs at tier 8.

+ Big guns with US AP

+ Extremely accurate secondaries

+ Short cooldown powerful heal

+ Extremely good torp belt

However. I do not do as well in this ship as I used to. After having played Bismarck/Tirpitz quiet a lot Massy feels slow, sluggish and frustrating to move around. Bismarcks secondaries also do more damage, theyre not as accurate but they hit harder

+ Big guns with US AP (big guns does nothing if the accuracy is that of a "can't hit the inside of a barn" type)

+ Extremely accurate secondaries (yeah that I give you but getting into 9km range without death, thats a trick)

+ Short cooldown powerful heal (heal is good unless double fire then it burns your heal to nothing and double fire is easy with the HE)

+ Extremely good torp belt (torp belt....ummm....I think my Helena does better but that could be playstyle)

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

According to CC statements the only reason why Massa is not being pulled from the shop is because no one is complaining about how she is overpowered.

Massa is also the only ship that is capable of even remotely competing with Enterprise for the top T8 spot in weekly stats.

I honestly dont think Massy is that OP. Its a very good ship but I think there are other ships for sale now that feels more broken if Im honest. Alaska being one such ship. T61 another.

The fact that shes that high up in weekly stats could be due to a number of things. Tirpitz for example suffers a lot from a lot of very bad players playing her.

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
5 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Heh!

If you want a more constructive answer: I'm afraid this is what some might refer to as a L2P issue:

• At time of writing, you have 750 randoms under your belt, of which 77% (+ change) are in CVs.
  • Your highest tier silver BB is T7.
  • Neither of these things is a bad thing (CV haters - behave yourselves!), but it does mean you're trying to play a high(ish) tier BB without the necessary skills/experience.
  • MA also benefits from a high point captain (although that's true of most things in the +2 MM bracket); you may well not have one that's good enough yet?

You probably won't get a refund on MA (too many battles), but you can take some useful steps to make the purchase a lot more worthwhile (she is a good ship, and I don't really like BBs):

• Short term, play her in Coop - MA is a hoot against bots as she's ideal for the more manly playstyle that'll get you horribly sunk against real people (she's an easy way to bag the 'secondaries/main gun hits' mission in the second directive too). You'll make a profit and your expensive ship won't be a port queen.
  • In the meantime, play a lot more BBs against real people, but lower-mid tier ones; I'd suggest trying some of the other lines besides the US too - it's horribly tedious trying to learn to BB with mid tier Americans due to their being painfully slow (speed improves at T8)..
  • It's also worth playing at least a bit in cruisers and DDs; HE spam from the former and torps from the latter are threats; a good way to understand how they work is to play them yourself. You already know all about CVs.
  • Develop a 'good enough' captain for your US silver BBs (or at least one of them): although MA is most fun with a manly build captain, the optimal choice is still a vanilla 'tank' build which coincides with what you want for the regular line.

Once you've got the hang of the essentials of BBing (perhaps forgo the excessive Cheeto consumption between salvos though?), and do so nearer T8, then switch back to playing MA against real people again.

For some reason some of my ships are not showing, I have german bb's Kurnfurst and fan der gröebe and doing just fine with them....
yeah, some say it is maybe lack of playstyle and it does not suit me, then fine, then so be it. Ill just mothball the ship and 

maybe get a russian premium ship and stand a better chanse at winning.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I honestly dont think Massy is that OP. Its a very good ship but I think there are other ships for sale now that feels more broken if Im honest. Alaska being one such ship. T61 another.

The fact that shes that high up in weekly stats could be due to a number of things. Tirpitz for example suffers a lot from a lot of very bad players playing her.

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
2 minutes ago, Floofz said:

fun fact, I chose between Alaska and Massa, and I made the wrong choise methinks.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
5 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

+ Big guns with US AP (big guns does nothing if the accuracy is that of a "can't hit the inside of a barn" type)

+ Extremely accurate secondaries (yeah that I give you but getting into 9km range without death, thats a trick)

+ Short cooldown powerful heal (heal is good unless double fire then it burns your heal to nothing and double fire is easy with the HE)

+ Extremely good torp belt (torp belt....ummm....I think my Helena does better but that could be playstyle)

- The accuracy is a trade off because of her improved heal and secondaries compared to Alabama. Shes still too accurate I feel like

- With the correct build your secondary range will be 11.3. So theres one of your problems

- The heal will heal 100% of the HE damage you take

- Massy has one of the best torpbelts in its tier, only Alabama is better

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I wish I could buy Enterprise, I am CV player, thats what I am good at, but sadly the lack of CV is the premium ships is a huge gap. Maybe the german CV when they come will fill the spot.

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts

I have german bb's Kurnfurst and fan der gröebe

You have... what? :Smile_unsure:

I happen to be German, and I assure you  - these names do not exist in our language.

• Funny 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,951 posts
15,461 battles

I made the wrong choise methinks.

Probably not - you're showing 11 random cruiser battles; if you dropped into T9 you'd almost certainly be crucified.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
Just now, Floofz said:

- The accuracy is a trade off because of her improved heal and secondaries compared to Alabama. Shes still too accurate I feel like

- With the correct build your secondary range will be 11.3. So theres one of your problems

- The heal will heal 100% of the HE damage you take

- Massy has one of the best torpbelts in its tier, only Alabama is better

1. agree

2. is that with flags and buffs cause I sure can't be paying a ton just for the "right" flags.

3 & 4 I will try it and see...

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles
4 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

You have... what? :Smile_unsure:

I happen to be German, and I assure you  - these names do not exist in our language.

Lol shall I let you try and spell the swedish DD thats come out just off the top of your head?

Excuse me, I mean of course the 
Friedrich der Große

and

Großer Kurfürst

Now, without looking, give me the name of the Swedish DD that came out recently...

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles

1. agree

2. is that with flags and buffs cause I sure can't be paying a ton just for the "right" flags.

3 & 4 I will try it and see...

Secondary battery mod 1 in the third slot. Id also use aux armament mod 1 in the first slot to make your secondaries and AA survive longer.

Then you need Advanced Firing Training in your 4 point slot. Ive gone with manual secondaries but its not necessary on Massy since her secondaries are so accurate to begin with.

That together with the AA flag that gives you an additional +5% range will give you 11.3 km secondary range.

However, I think many peoples mistake with these ships and it includes german BBs is that they play to get themselves in secondary range and it usually gets them killed. Only push when you can, only engage when you feel like its worth the potential trade.