You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Are new German CV better than JPN and other cvs in ranked and in random?

49 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Players
4,308 posts
12,369 battles

I suspect they will be viable but are needed to be played by highly skilled CV players. 

Otherwise stay away from them. High skillceiling. 

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
199 posts
22,025 battles
1 hour ago, _Warfarin_ said:

I suspect they will be viable but are needed to be played by highly skilled CV players. 

Otherwise stay away from them. High skillceiling. 

Thanks mate, can you shed more light on this? How so? :)

Haku (JPN TX CV) is now considered the best for ranked due to the AP bombers. Germans not only have AP bombers, but also AP rockets, should be better at least on the paper?

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
22 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Haku (JPN TX CV) is now considered the best for ranked due to the AP bombers. Germans not only have AP bombers, but also AP rockets, should be better at least on the paper?

German CVs are currently in closed testing and there is not enough information about them to start making direct comparisons.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
4,308 posts
12,369 battles
23 minutes ago, luokailk said:

yes exactly and on top of that they have faster torps with short aim time while dropping 3 torps for lower alpha. but the increased torp hit rate due to fast and short aim time make them strong. 

They are hard to use because of very squishy planes however and ap rockets still need to be figured out by experts first. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,521 posts
12,974 battles

the new NDA rules prevents us to share anything other than public knowledge.. 
so we can't even post our opinions and feelings.. 

But I can talk about other CVs in game I guess.. 

Nothing can replace haku in competitive.. 

nothing can replace midway in randoms.. 

with the new CVs in testing, WG showed that they don't want new CVs on their level :D

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,273 battles
38 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

with the new CVs in testing, WG showed that they don't want new CVs on their level :D

hmm you saying they are abd are you ? ;) are you really allowed to say this :P

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
1 hour ago, luokailk said:

There are much more things than AP bombs/rockets to consider when you evaluate a ship... But as Excavatus said, we can’t really share any info about tested ships, except data already published in dev blog.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,642 posts
19,083 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

Good. They're finally getting CVs down to where they should be. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,169 posts
9,973 battles
2 hours ago, luokailk said:

And easier to use? Considering their new features?

Its next to Impossible to give an accurate Estimation of their Capabilities before I can actually Play them. And since they wont be Released till 0.9.6 this will still be a while. During which there also might be further Changes.

So pls keep that in mind when Reading my Post here as it will be based Purely on the Paper Data.

German CVs will have Decent Secondaries which will Provide a Notable Protection against Destroyers. However they lack the Improved Accuracy and Heavy Guns of the Graf Zeppelin. So unlike Graf Zeppelin they wont be able to Massacre DDs and Cruisers using Secondaries. The Secondaries will still be better than most CVs tough.

German CVs will have Strong AA. Which is a Typical Trait for (almost) all CVs. Thus here they pretty Average here.

German CVs almost All have Decent Armor for the Citadel. But are Fairly Sqishi on the remaining Hull. Exception the T10 which has very Good Armor in General.

On Planes.

Germany comes with AP Rockets which I cant Judge as I never saw them in Action. Based purely on the Paper Stats they can be Powerful against Cruisers assuming they have the Penetration to reach the Citadel.

Moreover it is questionable if they might be useful against DDs assuming they Arm fast enough to Sneak a few Full Pens in between Overpens.

Germany comes with Torpedo Bombers which have Fast Torpedoes with a Good Arming Distance. Meaning the Torps are easy to Hit and therefore can also be used against Cruisers. The General Speed and Arming Distance is better than Japanese Torps which means they will be extremely Dangerous to Cruisers. But the Damage is slightly lower of course. About 75% of Japanese Torps. Which means they wont be extremely useful against Battleships. Especially not against stuff like Yamato or Kremlin with their Insane Torpedo Belts.

Finally Germany comes with AP Bombers. The Damage is Inferior to the Japanese ones. But the Speed of the Bombers is of course Superior. Now these are the Hardest to Judge. Because the Question is the Dispersion on the Bombs. If they have Graf Zeppelin Dispersion then these AP Bombs are utter Trash and will basicly be a Dead Squadron only useful for inbetween Lucky Hits. If their Dispersion is closer to the Japanese Bombers then they might actually be highly Dangerous especially to Cruisers.

In Total.

No. I Highly Doubt these will be Easy to Use. They are like Graf Zeppelin very likely to Require a different Playstyle than other CVs and will Rely Heavily on having a Skilled Player using them. As less Skilled Players wont be able to Utilize the Weapons and Speed on this CV.

In the Hands of a Skilled CV Player they might be Viable in Randoms tough. Especially since they might have a Great Potential for Devstriking Cruisers that think Camping behind an Island is a Good Idea.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,521 posts
12,974 battles
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

hmm you saying they are abd are you ? ;) are you really allowed to say this :P

I'm not talking about any new CV in particular.. 
I'm talking about the feeling I get about the CV program of WG :D

a very thin line there.. a very very thin line I guess :P

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

I'm curious about the AP rocket in particular.
Due to the angle that normal rockets come from, I suspect that there can be issues with ricocheting rockets in the future, unless they overmatch high amounts of armour or have improved pen angles.

Players
532 posts
8,946 battles

German AP bombs are pretty useless against BBs, as you can only drop the bomb from up close

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

The tier 6 GZ looks scary with those HE bombs.

Watching a Ju 87C fly around a SC1000 bomb will be hilarious too. :cap_haloween:

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,782 battles

German CV's will never be good, because; German isn't Russian.

So the answers would be:

No

No

No

• Cool 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
30 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

As some prob said, they look beautiful :D :Smile_smile:

Have you seen the upgraded planes on Parsaval? they look fabulous!

• Cool 1

Players
3,102 posts
Just now, steveraptor said:

Have you seen the planes on Parsavel? they are fabulous!

Not specifically, but the whole line / names and style seems like the best looking (obvious idk stats etc) I've seen :) :Smile_Default:

Players
3,102 posts
45 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

I'm curious about the AP rocket in particular

So are they useful vs dds? Cuz then they are left wit torps to deal with them? Perhaps an option to switch to normal like the USA line might be useful idk

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
9 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

So are they useful vs dds? Cuz then they are left wit torps to deal with them? Perhaps an option to switch to normal like the USA line might be useful idk

Will be useful vs khaba and its 50mm plating :cap_haloween:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,762 posts
5 hours ago, luokailk said:

And easier to use? Considering their new features?

Probably not AP bombs (here rockets as well) are always harder to use effectively then HE ordnance, thy do yield more carry potential though if used to effect

[KITEN]
Players
199 posts
22,025 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Thanks a LOT buddy, I get the point, you are SMART :D

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,762 posts
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Well US and JP being the major naval aviation powers of WW2 I  guess its fitting... :Smile_trollface:

[OGHF]
Players
1,412 posts
24,494 battles

Was in a T9/10 game over the weekend, the opposition had, the one thing that struck me was the speed  it could get planes back to you, you are being attacked before the previous  wave of planes got back to the CV, very, very fast. 😌

Players
3,575 posts

The only one  Iam interested i nwil be the tier 4 one, and the big burning question, will it be better (I fear not) then the Hosho, which is still the best CV and was a real ship.

As for tier 10, I have no idea, I hear the new American CV is a bit of a pig, I loathe the Midway, and the Haku was gimped  when the took away the multiple torp launch.