Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Chat ban abuse?

33 comments in this topic

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Last ranked season I got myself chat banned for 1 week. IDK how though, other than saying BC or AB I never used the chat system........Am I missing something?

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
534 posts
6,955 battles
4 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

Last ranked season I got myself chat banned for 1 week. IDK how though, other than saying BC or AB I never used the chat system........Am I missing something?

The automatic system will hand out chat bans if people report your chat activity. You dont have to type rude things, but if people report you enough for various reasons, for example if they disagree with your playstyle, lost a star and blame it on you or are not that happy to see your Colorado in ranked, they might start to abuse said automatic system to give you some sort of punishment, other than -1 Karma.

If enough of those chat reports stack up in a unknown, but probably short window of time, you will recieve an automatic penatly, even if you never typed anything else than "Hello/AB, etc.". You cant recieve a penalty, if you dont chat. Yes, this is abuse of the automated report and sanctioning system. No, WG does not care to treat every case personally, because it is way too much work.

Enjoy your week of silence knowing that some people got so mad, they had to abuse the system.

• Cool 5

Players
2,154 posts
13,064 battles
9 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

No, WG does not care. to treat every case personally, because it is way too much work. Period!

FTFY

• Cool 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
37 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

The automatic system will hand out chat bans if people report your chat activity. You dont have to type rude things, but if people report you enough for various reasons, for example if they disagree with your playstyle, lost a star and blame it on you or are not that happy to see your Colorado in ranked, they might start to abuse said automatic system to give you some sort of punishment, other than -1 Karma.

If enough of those chat reports stack up in a unknown, but probably short window of time, you will recieve an automatic penatly, even if you never typed anything else than "Hello/AB, etc.". You cant recieve a penalty, if you dont chat. Yes, this is abuse of the automated report and sanctioning system. No, WG does not care to treat every case personally, because it is way too much work.

Enjoy your week of silence knowing that some people got so mad, they had to abuse the system.

Thats what i figured, next time i wont be so quiet!

• Funny 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
5 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

Thats what i figured, next time i wont be so quiet!

but if you get chat ban one week without any reason at all. then with reason it can be longer than week i think

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,893 battles
1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

24 hour ban is automated, if you get longer than that it must be checked by a person so you must have said something bad.

• Cool 2

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

24 hour ban is automated, if you get longer than that it must be checked by a person so you must have said something bad.

not once. Where are you getting this info from?

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
14 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

i been getting two type chat bans atm, 3 day ban and 1 day ban. 1 day ban seems to have if you not use bad words or something like that, someone just not liked what you typed, it can be anyone really.

the worst part about this chat bans is , even if you want guide those  potato's/beginners, you just cant todo that because off chat ban

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,893 battles
15 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

This subject has been on the forum so many times that it's starting to get boring.

• Cool 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
11 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

This subject has been on the forum so many times that it's starting to get boring.

Thank for not answering my question.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,893 battles
12 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I just did. You asked where I got my info from. The answer is: The Forum.

Players
3,108 posts
34 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

He's a bit provocative, but he's telling you the truth. One day bans are automated, if you get reported a lot in one game or several you can get one. Usually divisions do that, or a guy incites the team in chat or with personal messages to report you out of spite or because he thinks you lost/won a game. It is very normal.

All other bans come from you typing in chat. Anything.

Longer bans though come out of two ways.

Either by repeated one days bans (read above), which means you are annoying people with your game or repeated chat bans. Once this happens your chat log is reviewed and if you are found saying 'naughty' things or curse etc. you get the longer ban you received.

In my case, I get week bans (not for a long time now) when I lost my cool, or got angered (with me and the team/one teamate or opponent) and started talking to him in chat. Sometimes cursing or trolling and one time by just offering advice. I said something I thought it was painless, it wasn't, got banned. If you get longer ban, you offended/did something a moderator found worthy of it. It is how it is done.

I solve the problem playing Operations for a while and just sailing my ships for the fun of it.

it will go away :)

• Cool 3

Players
4,386 posts
5,713 battles
2 hours ago, Nov_A said:

Sad thing is, this is not wg's priority to rework the report system. Not in year 1, not in year 2, not now nor never will be.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
2 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I just did. You asked where I got my info from. The answer is: The Forum.

lol youre funny.

• Boring 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
30 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

lol youre funny.

Nothing to do with an Atempt at Humor, it was stated several times by WG here in the forums that the Short Duration Bans are automated.

You may try to tag one of them to have a look but that usually backfires very spectaculary. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
4 hours ago, Nov_A said:

No and this was explained often enough.

Week long bans are given out by WG staff who read the chat.

[PANEU]
Players
4,321 posts
12,442 battles
4 hours ago, Nov_A said:

You dont have to type rude things, but if people report you enough for various reasons, for example if they disagree with your playstyle, lost a star and blame it on you or are not that happy to see your Colorado in ranked, they might start to abuse said automatic system to give you some sort of punishment, other than -1 Karma.

If enough of those chat reports stack up in a unknown, but probably short window of time, you will recieve an automatic penatly,

This is wrong. 

Stop spreading misinformation. 

• Cool 2

Players
14 posts

Haha, I bet anyone of you to write Sh*t and then another message with Sheat or Sheet. 4 day chat ban. I am currently chat banned for apparently writing "No Sonar or Radar" and there may have been a typo in it but IDK what it is. You can write Sh*t but not Sheat. And they are automated bans because the reason said Avoiding the censor filter like WTF? I can write Sh*t and F8ck and D**k but just put one wrong letter in it and you are screwed for 4 days and in this lockdown? That's no joke. Even the appeal system is a bunch of AI stuff. IDK what I am gonna do except go to some corner and cry.

Edited by Happy_Aaron

[PANEU]
Players
4,321 posts
12,442 battles
Just now, Happy_Aaron said:

Haha, I bet any one of you to write Sh*t and then another message with Sheat or Sheet. 4 day chat ban. I am currently chat banned for apparently writing "No Sonar or Radar" and there may have been a typo in it but IDK what it is. You can write Sh*t but not Sheat.

Just don't be rude in chat and if you need to be rude don't be so frequently. 

The automated chatban system bans you after accumulating... let's call it a score. If a certain point is reached the ban is handed out automatically. 

But ingame chat is moderated after reports are offered and a WG ingame Moderator can ban you even before the automatic score is reached if they seem fit considering the severity of your offense/words used to describe the players you are interacting with. 

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
534 posts
6,955 battles

So OP actually said rude things and told us he did not?

Oof.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

So OP actually said rude things and told us he did not?

Oof.

I did not, I had one bad interaction but that was in private chat (started by the other party) after a game. In ranked battles themselves, not once.

[PANEU]
Players
4,321 posts
12,442 battles
2 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I did not, I had one bad interaction but that was in private chat (started by the other party) after a game. In ranked battles themselves, not once.

If you were rude in the "bad interaction" which was private and it got reported then you received the 1 week ban (which is manually assigned by WG staff after review) because of the private convo

[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
18 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

And that could be the reason for the ban.

Players
2,154 posts
13,064 battles
5 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

What gets boring is, that the system is abusable but the developer does jack to fix it. On a daily basis players get chat banned just for playing a class others don't like or sinking enemy divisions with torps but this is considered okay. WoWs is the only game i know where the abuser of a system get protected and players who often enough did absolutely nothing wrong get punished for nothing. It's like you get robbed on the street then go to the police and they arrest you for daring to show up and complain. That's WG logic in a nutshell.

• Cool 1

Players
7,310 posts
11,668 battles
5 hours ago, waxx25 said:

What @Hanse77SWE wrote tho and linked with those topics, is how it was offically explained to us. 24 hour bans are automatic - they also kick in at the moment you get reported. I can attest to that since it once happened to me. Also I can attest, that a 3 day ban starts at a time, where I havent even been logged in and wasnt for quite a while. So it must have been a manual ban.

However:

1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

I had one bad interaction but that was in private chat

I can also confirm to you, that raging via private messages is handled exactly like typing in the chat during a round. All that has to happen, is, that the guy you are insulting, klicks the "report abuse in private chat" button. So we have the explanation for your ban. Also: they will increase the time of those bans. they can stretch out up to over a month (who knows if not even longer). Since I like to talk with people, I concluded at one point, that its not worth it to throw around insults, and I stopped ^^. Never been chat banned after and I write a lot - every game.

• Cool 2