You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Do you get something for Graf Spee?

53 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles

Maybe late to the party here but been afk for a while. TGried to find info here https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-095-dockyard/ but couldnt find any.  If one already own Graf and then earn it in dockyards , do one get dabloons or something?

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,778 battles

Credits. Since a couple of years gold compensation ceased to exist. I dont even remember the last time we got gold compensation for a free ship. 

Players
1,568 posts
17,924 battles

If you already have flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVI Admiral Graf Spee in your Port, you will receive compensation in the form of credits, as well as the camouflage, Commander, and a Port slot.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,084 posts
10,289 battles
3 minutes ago, Vinyl_ScratchPlays said:

thats a load of rubbish, 7 million credits? Thats like nothing. Honestly WG is diving deeper to anti consumer

It's more than you'd get for a normal tier 6 ship so...it's decent actually.

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts
5,864 battles

Maybe, untill you think about I could play 18 games and get the same amount, or even less. when it takes around maybe over 50-200+ to even get the ship.. When you think about it that way, you most likely earned 20-30+ Million credits already. 7 million feels like a slap in the face.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,188 posts

This kind of makes premium ships a bit less safe to purchase. Earlier you at least knew that if you bought a ship and later got it for free in-game, you'd get your doubloons back. 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
12,822 battles
31 minutes ago, kfa said:

Credits. Since a couple of years gold compensation ceased to exist. I dont even remember the last time we got gold compensation for a free ship. 

I just got enough gold to buy Mass for having the Polish captain before I got him in the campaign so I thought this maybe was along the same line, That was a captain tho not a ship.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,084 posts
10,289 battles
Just now, AndyHill said:

This kind of makes premium ships a bit less safe to purchase. Earlier you at least knew that if you bought a ship and later got it for free in-game, you'd get your doubloons back. 

I mean...that's still true for premium ships that weren't free in the first place. Graf spee was.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,188 posts

Graf Spee was a reward for a campaign once before, but other than that it's a normal premium shop item as far as I know.

• Cool 1

Players
3,105 posts
42 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Graf Spee was a reward for a campaign once before, but other than that it's a normal premium shop item as far as I know.

Most I believe bought it (it is a nice looking shiP) as the campaign must have been a long ago. Ahm, is the captain 3 pts or 10? I don't have the space for low ranking germans atm.

• Cool 2

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,606 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, lossi_2018 sagte:

Most I believe bought it (it is a nice looking shiP) as the campaign must have been a long ago. Ahm, is the captain 3 pts or 10? I don't have the space for low ranking germans atm.

seems to be a 10 point captain

• Cool 1

Players
584 posts
3,828 battles

What camo does it feature? Purely from an Aesthetically interested point of view btw, don't care about it's tagged buffs. 

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles
4 hours ago, AndyHill said:

Tehnically, GS is a freemium ship. So they dont give us doubloons in return as for normal premium ships which you can purchase for doubloons.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,889 posts
15,435 battles
29 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

What camo does it feature?

Presumably, it'll come with the default one, plus the 'event' one with all the bunting - whatever that's called...

Alternatively, you can plonk the 'national' one on, for doubloons, if you want to bolster the rewards (plus, it looks quite pretty too).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,889 posts
15,435 battles
5 hours ago, Vinyl_ScratchPlays said:

Honestly WG is diving deeper to anti consumer

Whilst I don't disagree with you in general, the 'getting silver for premiums you already had and then got via a mission' has been in place for quite a while.

The mechanic used to coexist with some where you got doubloons, but I'm not sure if that's still being used. For example, if memory serves, the grind a while back to get London gave you doubloons if you already had her in port; the difference was probably that you had to buy London to do some of the missions in the grind.

There's another slight difference with the current port thing: if anyone dumped gold to get the T8 premium on day one, I believe they get steel for doing the grind the manual way afterwards...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,863 posts
6,468 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Presumably, it'll come with the default one, plus the 'event' one with all the bunting - whatever that's called...

Correct.

8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Alternatively, you can plonk the 'national' one on, for doubloons, if you want to bolster the rewards (plus, it looks quite pretty too).

This one however does not come with the Spee.

Players
3,105 posts
3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Tehnically, GS is a freemium ship. So they dont give us doubloons in return as for normal premium ships which you can purchase for doubloons.

Graf Spee is a freemium? Dude come on, most of us paid to get it, are we dumb?

I really can't get into this convo again omg. If I manage to do the missions ( I doubt it as the first bunch bored me to death) I'll take the creds. It is pointless to wish for more.

edit: I understand a lot here got it from mission, can someone give a date on that mission?

• Cool 1

Players
3,105 posts
2 hours ago, lafeel said:

Correct.

This one however does not come with the Spee.

So that extra event camo will be exactly the same in bonus like the normal one?

[LSCA]
Players
1,648 posts
12,974 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

edit: I understand a lot here got it from mission, can someone give a date on that mission?

year 2017, 2018. yes? no?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,105 posts
6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

year 2017, 2018. yes? no?

It was before 2018 or early 2018 as I started then and surely I would have gotten after it. I got my first premium a year later. But I have no idea when the mission was. That is like 2-3 years back.

[LSCA]
Players
1,648 posts
12,974 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

It was before 2018 or early 2018 as I started then and surely I would have gotten after it. I got my first premium a year later. But I have no idea when the mission was.

i don't remember what year it was exactly , but I'm sure i seen it before.

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles
18 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Graf Spee is a freemium? Dude come on, most of us paid to get it, are we dumb?

I really can't get into this convo again omg. If I manage to do the missions ( I doubt it as the first bunch bored me to death) I'll take the creds. It is pointless to wish for more.

It was a freemium. I got it for free as many other players about 3 years ago. Don't remember the date. It was long time ago.

I know its not less then 3 years because I was inactive from this game for last 2 years and I got him long before I quit playing.

After those mission for GS as reward somewhere on the line they added a doubloon prize on him. Very likely for people who wanted him but didn't had a chance to earn him, for free.

Frankly, I hate to play that cruiser. If I could get doubloons for him I would sell him instant.

• Cool 1