You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
citaDELer

why is winrate system a real shame for WG?

189 comments in this topic

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,925 battles

WG winrate logic: 

1. when youre a best in math in a class, and rest are dumb..according to WG winrate logic..you are also dumb.

2. when someone fights 15k battles, and then .. like last 2000battles he is better and better and gets 64% , ..  nothing changes. winrate number stay practicaly the same. ---- 》》so...

when must be used,  this absurd winrate number ,

like MAIN number in profile..

then its must be stat for last 2000 battles .

not for all battles !!!!! ( use it from emblem system, there is correct) 

3. WG is nourishing community that winrate is basic for player quality. 

this is extrem false!! 

this must be renamed like from winrate to teamrate, and has to be NOT in profile.

this is simply stat for divisionist and teams !!! 

not for individual profiles!!

• Cool 12
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,237 posts
9,993 battles
25 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

WG winrate logic: 

1. when youre a best in math in a class, and rest are dumb..according to WG winrate logic..you are also dumb.

2. when someone fights 15k battles, and then .. like last 2000battles he is better and better and gets 64% , ..  nothing changes. winrate number stay practicaly the same. ---- 》》so...

this is extrem false!! 

this must be renamed like from winrate to teamrate, and has to be NOT in profile.

Mate.

If you dont want others to See your Stats. Just make your Stats Private.

Click on your Profile. Then on the Left Column go to "Profile on Website" and there you have the Option to make your Statistics Private or Only Visible by Direct Link.

Winrate being the most Relevant Stat is something that is Deadset into the Communities Opinion from the Start. Because all Competetive Games are about Winrate.

WG Changing the Stats Display wont be changing that View at all.

Every Decent Player Knows that the Game is a 12 vs 12 and therefore the Effect on Winrate that a Single Player has is Limited.

Even the Worst Player will Win some Games and even the Best Player will lose some Games. Thats not a Secret and thats not something Good Players will Contest.

Moreover any Good Player knows that Winrate is only 1 Part of the Package. If you for example have a Player which has a Good Winrate but whose Personal Rating is constantly very Low. Then any Good Player will take a Closer Look at the Stats to Determine if that Guy was maybe just Lucky or is Padding his Stats in Low Tiers. Or maybe is just being Carried Constantly by his Friends etc etc. 

So No Decent Player will Judge Purely on Winrate and Ignore everything else.

Likewise. Alot of Good Players Agree that Ship Class is very Relevant. A CV or DD for example can be Judged extremely Good on Winrate. Because they are High Influence Classes which often Decide a Match.

Meanwhile for BBs the PR often is Viewed as the more Importand Factor. Because BBs tend to not have that much Influence unless they are Part of a Division. Because they are Extremely Reliant on Teammates and therefore cant Perform well unless their Teammates give them the required Support. Meaning they are a Low Influence Class and (if Solo) have much less Impact on Winning or Losing the Match.

But the Fact of the Matter Remains. That at the end of the Day the Winrate is the Primary Target.

People that Play Competetive. PLAY TO WIN. And how Successful they Manage that is the Main Stat most People are Interested in.

• Cool 6

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

If you dont want others to See your Stats. Just make your Stats Private.

This! And do not ever mention your WR in this forum, because people become angry and accuse you of bragging and lying because they do not read your posts with diligence to separate your bare information from their speculative conclusion. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,925 battles

not understand what i am posting.

winrate is not  correct main number for stat. ..no argumemt for winrate. 

everybody with basic logic thinking know this.

its a logic problem. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
1 hour ago, citaDELer said:

WG winrate logic: 

this is extrem false!! 

1. That is not WG logic
  2. No. When you get better, overall winrate increases. Do the math.
  3. WG does not do that.
  • Cool 1

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,925 battles
Před 3 minutami ColonelPete řekl/a:
  2. No. When you get better, overall winrate increases. Do the math.

not truth. by 15k battles, the number doesnt changes. ( when i have winrate 43% and last battles i have 64% ..you see nothing,

still i am bad player with 44% winrate, even my last 2000 battles i did 64%. ) 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
2 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

not truth. by 15k battles, the number doesnt changes. ( when i have winrate 43% and last battles i have 64% ..you see nothing,

Do the math! Stop talking about stuff you have no clue of!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
4,237 posts
9,993 battles
1 minute ago, citaDELer said:

not understand what i am posting.

winrate is not  correct main number for stat. ..no argumemt for winrate. 

everybody with basic logic thinking know this.

its a logic problem. 

I Understand what your Posting Mate. (Even tough its pretty hard given that you dont seem to be Good at English)

But your Making a Logical Fallacy.

Winrate is and always be the Main Stat everyone Looks at. This is not due to WG and wont Change if you Rename it. Because this comes from the Simple Fact that Competetive Players always Play for only one thing. And that is Victory.

Therefore no matter what WG Does. The Primary Stat Players will always be looking at. Is your Winrate.

You seem to think that because WG is Posting the Winrate as a Central Stat People are Looking at it as the Main Stat. So you want WG to Hide that Stat as a Side Stat hoping that then others will Stop Looking at it.

But this wont Work. Because the ones making it a Main Stat is the Simple Reality of Competetive Gaming that the only thing that Counts at the End of the Day is Victory.

Meaning no matter where Wargaming Hides the Winrate. All the 3rd Party Statistics Sides (which are used far more than WGs Statistics Page) will always be Putting up your Winrate at the Absolute Top of the List.

And all Good Players will always Look at your Winrate.

Even if you Rename it to Teamrate. 3rd Party will just keep it as the Name Winrate and everyone will be looking at your "Teamrate" (which really is just your Winrate anyways) and will Judge you based on that anyways.

Thats just how it is Mate.

WG cant realistically do anything about that.

Because the only Way WG could Prevent this. Would be by Removing Winrate from the Game Entirely. Meaning that WG would not keep Track of wether a Player Wins or Not. And thus would not give 3rd Party Websites any Information on Winrate of Players either. Meaning that Stat would simply not be Tracked at all.

But this will Never happen because it would Lead to an Massive Outry in the Community as Tons of Players want to know this Winrate.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
4,237 posts
9,993 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Do the math! Stop talking about stuff you have no clue of!

Your not Helping Mate..... (not that I am surprised about that...)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
Just now, Sunleader said:

It is not my problem that he ignores reality.

Players
3,108 posts

I like your idea, extra stats are always nice

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  1. No. When you get better, overall winrate increases. Do the math.

I'm gonna be real with you chief - Increasing win rate without division is not really a thing in randoms.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,478 posts
7,245 battles
Just now, _Bajkal said:

I'm gonna be real with you chief - Increasing win rate without division is not really a thing in randoms.

Hell yes, it is.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
3,108 posts
1 minute ago, _Bajkal said:

Do you want them in randoms? Would you prefer if they were restricted were they are used anyway in CB for example?

• Boring 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Do you want them in randoms? Would you prefer if they were restricted were they are used anyway in CB for example?

I can't comprehend what is your question.

8 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Hell yes, it is.

If you start quickly perhaps. Realistically if player played few thousand games say 3-5k with relatively low win rate even IF he starts playing better his statistics won't skyrocket plus it will require another(more or less) few thousands battles to "fix" it. That is if they improve hard enough to make the difference and impact their win rate to consistently keep it high. All that while playing solo and assuming that they will actually want to play another few thousands games solo just for the sole purpose of improving their win rate.

Alternatively they can pad in div.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
3,108 posts
5 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

I can't comprehend what is your question.

I just asked if you are pro divisions nothing sinister, I don't like them in randoms for example :)

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You showed me a pro who solo jumped from 64.39% to 65.87% which is 1.48% up over Idk what amount of battles or time.

While I understand that you want to show it's possible I would like to remind I never said It's impossible. I said it's unlikely for an average player to go through all of this process of raising up win rate solo rather than doing it in division.

• Cool 2

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I just asked if you are pro divisions nothing sinister, I don't like them in randoms for example :)

Idk. I play solo since my friends list is dead. My best chance to div is to invite people to div while I'm in battle which once happened lately but It was a carrier and he stayed in map corner all battle :/

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
3 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

You showed me a pro who solo jumped from 64.39% to 65.87% which is 1.48% up over Idk what amount of battles or time.

While I understand that you want to show it's possible I would like to remind I never said It's impossible. I said it's unlikely for an average player to go through all of this process of raising up win rate solo rather than doing it in division.

50%+ of the players improve. Feel free to look at stats yourself.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

50%+ of the players improve. Feel free to look at stats yourself.

I don't know any wows site that could show players improve solo win rate. Also I would be quite surprised if it was more than 50% of playerbase.

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
3 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

I don't know any wows site that could show players improve solo win rate. Also I would be quite surprised if it was more than 50% of playerbase.

I posted it....

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

You do realise people can see your recent history not just the 44% overall, I can see that over the past 21 days you have had a 59.7%WR.
I have had recruiter roles in the past and when looking at applications I looked at everything not just overall WR, recent performances what tiers/ships were bing used etc.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,735 posts
18,027 battles

Look OP. Your random number example is a bit unclear. You could be talking about two cases. And in both math shows a clear increase in winrate.

15000 battles at 43% but last 2000 at 64%. This implies that after 13000 you were at 40% WR. 

15000 battles at 43% you add another 2000 at 64%. So you end up with 45% WR.

Also, WR for just last X battles is just another number, one that requires even more context than overal WR. I mean, you could just go statpad in div for those X battles. Won't change your overall solo stats.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,118 posts
10,328 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

I just have to ask....do you not use apostrophes?

3 hours ago, citaDELer said:

then its must be stat for last 2000 battles

And what exactly would that do other than maybe stroke your ego? Okay, now everyone's got a few percent higher WR, this means that having say 60% won't mean as much as it does now and then you're back at the beginning. It won't mean much if the new standard for good players is 70% or something.