Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

Having fun with Agir

32 comments in this topic

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,736 posts
14,300 battles

@gopher31 I feel famous :Smile_hiding:

It's nice to see that Aegir is getting some nice results and able to make such plays, was concerned when dev blog changes made it sound like it might become a stale sniper...

Some nice examples that Aegir can do well when getting stuck in.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,929 battles

My first impression is that the guns are very nice and are accurate.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,317 posts
5,724 battles
6 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

My first impression is that the guns are very nice and are accurate.

Same here, seems she's considerably better in practice than she'd appear on paper.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,929 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Same here, seems she's considerably better in practice than she'd appear on paper.

I just hope it's not just down to RNG and they remain accurate

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,317 posts
5,724 battles
3 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I just hope it's not just down to RNG and they remain accurate

Only one way to find out, and that is to increase the sample size (ie play her more)

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles

Played her a fair bit so far, other than it being cursed with awful teams, I basically get multiple citadels a game even on BBs, I tend to play mid to long range early then late game push in. If not angled you take massive AP pen damage but you take minimal HE damage in comparison. So far really enjoying it too.

Players
1,148 posts
23,778 battles
10 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Veyr nice, love how you are going all in like that. I'm still perhaps too cautious.

I did notice that @Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu Killed you in the last clip!

I tend to die almost every battle with Agir, if not on the initial push almost always later on. Not a great survivalist in 12vs12 games when you can get focused by 5+ ships, but my goal is to take 2 ships early in the battle and let it play out:) My ideal game would be push in, get 3x dev strike with the torpedoes and main guns, then ram a 4th ship. Can dream..

7 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Played her a fair bit so far, other than it being cursed with awful teams, I basically get multiple citadels a game even on BBs, I tend to play mid to long range early then late game push in. If not angled you take massive AP pen damage but you take minimal HE damage in comparison. So far really enjoying it too.

Long range AP works well, but with the poor pen values you have to aim for upper belts or superstructure on BBs, otherwise you get shatters. Overall her torpedo and turret arcs, as well as her poor HE, make Agir a weak kiting ship, but a decent pusher. I keep having very fun games with her.

[RODS]
Players
1,594 posts
7,703 battles
12 hours ago, viceadmiral123 said:

Use your concealment to sneak up on the enemy and surprise them with your AP alpha and torpedoes!

Good luck with that with CV:s spotting and 10-12km radar ships all over the place

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles
1 hour ago, viceadmiral123 said:

I tend to die almost every battle with Agir, if not on the initial push almost always later on. Not a great survivalist in 12vs12 games when you can get focused by 5+ ships, but my goal is to take 2 ships early in the battle and let it play out:) My ideal game would be push in, get 3x dev strike with the torpedoes and main guns, then ram a 4th ship. Can dream..

Long range AP works well, but with the poor pen values you have to aim for upper belts or superstructure on BBs, otherwise you get shatters. Overall her torpedo and turret arcs, as well as her poor HE, make Agir a weak kiting ship, but a decent pusher. I keep having very fun games with her.

Not had an issue with the pen too much the guns are capable of citadeling an NC from 16km away and easily citadel any cruiser at said range (got a Stalingrad at 17km yesterday justicewas served). Tend to try and flank wide to get the broadside shots early game then push in mid to late game and if there is an opportunity to rush a smokescreen I take it.

1 hour ago, Ronchabale said:

Good luck with that with CV:s spotting and 10-12km radar ships all over the place

I actually managed to get several solo caps in the ship surprisingly... must be due to patch weekend players allergy to cap circles... mind you they were games with no CV and 1 or 0 DDs...

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles
11 minutes ago, quickr said:

f-ing trash, not worth 10 free xp, let alone 1M

Your obviously not playing it right...

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Your obviously not playing it right...

Obviously :Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles

This is what you can do in it:

Spoiler

856F739D3E2ECD8EF725B0549D925BA2B8D48567.png

B031B261786ADBC0F5E04BBF4B456AD8169BDB62.png

763060F7DFC9B135B07A028BD9B3B5161B336C09.png

Unfortunately my WR ATM isn't too good in it but you know some ships just seem to be cursed with teams that don't want to win... especially on Patch Weekend...

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,280 posts
13,413 battles
50 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

This is what you can do in it:

Hide contents

856F739D3E2ECD8EF725B0549D925BA2B8D48567.png

B031B261786ADBC0F5E04BBF4B456AD8169BDB62.png

763060F7DFC9B135B07A028BD9B3B5161B336C09.png

Unfortunately my WR ATM isn't too good in it but you know some ships just seem to be cursed with teams that don't want to win... especially on Patch Weekend...

I might have taken your teammate RNG, I'm on 75% on the Agir at the moment!

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,317 posts
5,724 battles
1 hour ago, quickr said:

f-ing trash, not worth 10 free xp, let alone 1M

Sorry but I do not agree at all. In three games even my lowest damage game was higher than your highest.

EDIT: This is the above mentioned lowest damage out of the three.

shot-20.06.15_17.41.13-0562.jpg

shot-20.06.15_17.41.19-0179.jpg

• Funny 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles
9 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I might have taken your teammate RNG, I'm on 75% on the Agir at the moment!

Well I had the misfortune to have teams that like to have 9 ships in one square and are allergic to cap circles forcing me to cap it in the Agir and fend off 2 BBs and 3 Cruisers solo while the rest chase one ship to the map boarder for 5 mins...

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Sorry but I do not agree at all. In three games even my lowest damage game was higher than your highest.

In COOP? :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,317 posts
5,724 battles
10 minutes ago, quickr said:

Laugh all you want, but you'd be (rudely) surprised how fast the PVE bots punish any mistake at the high tiers.

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles
3 minutes ago, quickr said:

Well if you want my average as a base line it is around 86k in Random Battles, though that includes 1 game with less than 40k cause I had to contest a cap cause no one was interested, then there was another game where the enemy lost so fast I basically charged though 1 cap and was having to take pot shots at anything in range. Ignoring those it is probably closer to 100k average in Random Battles.

• Cool 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Laugh all you want, but you'd be (rudely) surprised how fast the PVE bots punish any mistake at the high tiers.

I'm sorry, you are right. Not fair to laugh at someone playing only COOP but I honestly think you can't compare random stats with coop stats to "prove" ship is actually good.

4 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Well if you want my average as a base line it is around 86k in Random Battles, though that includes 1 game with less than 40k cause I had to contest a cap cause no one was interested, then there was another game where the enemy lost so fast I basically charged though 1 cap and was having to take pot shots at anything in range. Ignoring those it is probably closer to 100k average in Random Battles

I had no intention on pulling stats, you and Lafeel did it first, but since you pulled it. I'm averaging higher WR and PR and same avg dmg as you and still think it's a crap ship. You like it, I don't, there is no debate here.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,317 posts
5,724 battles
10 minutes ago, quickr said:

I'm sorry, you are right. Not fair to laugh at someone playing only COOP but I honestly think you can't compare random stats with coop stats to "prove" ship is actually good.

Apology accepted, this time. But I suggest to keep on trying, and also see what you could have done different to improve your performance, and enjoyement of the ship in question.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this