Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

the higher the tier, the more boring the map, why ?

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BABBY]
Players
811 posts
12,004 battles
Just now, HassenderZerhacker said:

I noticed that maps become more and more boring as tiers progress up.

less cover, no flat islands, etc. why is that?

Also, too large, small scale is what makes low tiers so much more fun to play

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
32,485 posts
16,258 battles
2 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I noticed that maps become more and more boring as tiers progress up.

less cover, no flat islands, etc. why is that?

We explained that to WG years ago, did not really change.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,300 posts
10,871 battles

I disagree. Plenty of cover in hightier maps, but you have to know how to use them. There is the main issue with most of the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,182 posts
3,828 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I disagree. Plenty of cover in hightier maps, but you have to know how to use them. There is the main issue with most of the players. 

on most tier 10 maps all islands look like New York's skyscrapers.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,116 posts

Don't bully a player to quit the game or bring up needlessly his post history. He asked a normal question without any provocative words in. Mods can someone do something about this? Do we want players to just quit, even when they don't express it?

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,300 posts
10,871 battles
55 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

on most tier 10 maps all islands look like New York's skyscrapers.

So? On plenty of lower tier maps you have those island as well... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,675 posts
12,148 battles
57 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

on most tier 10 maps all islands look like New York's skyscrapers.

To more effectively block shells, due do longer average engagement distances.

 

Doesn't really stop US or UK low velocity guns though from island camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
5,418 posts
9,988 battles
3 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Don't bully a player to quit the game or bring up needlessly his post history. He asked a normal question without any provocative words in. Mods can someone do something about this? Do we want players to just quit, even when they don't express it?

Do you know what bullying is? Did I judge him? Made fun of him? Reducle him?

 

I have no sympathy for people going to a forum, loudly announcing that the game is bad and that they quit the game only to come back in a couple of days. 

 

Do I mind that he is playing WoWs again? Not at all. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,116 posts
28 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Do you know what bullying is? Did I judge him? Made fun of him? Reducle him?

 

I have no sympathy for people going to a forum, loudly announcing that the game is bad and that they quit the game only to come back in a couple of days. 

 

Do I mind that he is playing WoWs again? Not at all. 

Your comment is not constructive in this thread. If you have a  personal grievance with him send him a message.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
8,359 posts
14,668 battles

Considering how bad WG has made the Islands of Ice map over the patches, don't expect much.

 

The first ioi map was a amazing map, now it's just another boring map among other boring maps.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,892 posts
21,308 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Do you know what bullying is? Did I judge him? Made fun of him? Reducle him?

 

I have no sympathy for people going to a forum, loudly announcing that the game is bad and that they quit the game only to come back in a couple of days. 

 

Do I mind that he is playing WoWs again? Not at all. 

Then why bring it up. :Smile_sceptic: 

 

OP, I dont think its because of the maps. It's mostly the meta and long range engagements at high tiers that make the play boring.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,206 posts
21,869 battles

Because WG likes to maximize profit nowadays.

Hence why every new map is basically made by copy-&-paste'ing sections of existing maps together nowadays.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,697 battles
6 hours ago, principat121 said:

Quiters rarely stand by their words... :cap_old:

 

 

 

 

less than 2 weeks

Well.... Some people and their promises... :cap_haloween:

 

Back to topic : some maps like "Land of fire" or "mountain range" are a bit too big. But most of them are ok. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,703 posts
7,762 battles

Once upon a time they made the map Ocean. They loaded up the map editor added water and said it was done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,969 posts
21,153 battles
7 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I noticed that maps become more and more boring as tiers progress up.

less cover, no flat islands, etc. why is that?

That’s deliberate, as boring maps fit the boring camping meta quite well. 

6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

The only map that I rly enjoy is the Estuary.

Hot Spot is my all time favorite. 

Solomons is a close second, sadly it’s a low tier map. 

5 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Considering how bad WG has made the Islands of Ice map over the patches, don't expect much.

 

The first ioi map was a amazing map, now it's just another boring map among other boring maps.

Yeah, the original islands of ice was awesome. In fact, most of the original maps were great. 

 

But as with all other things, spread shiet said, it needs to be optimized. So WG optimized the fun out of the maps. 

4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Because WG likes to maximize profit nowadays.

Hence why every new map is basically made by copy-&-paste'ing sections of existing maps together nowadays.

Has been standard procedure since the dawn of gaming on PC. 

 

If you look at the textures of ships of a line of any nation, you’ll see that small and mid sized turrets as well as various clutter and greebles found ships shares the same texture. 

 

Whild it is recommend for ships to save load and loading time for textures on the gpu, it’s considered bad form for environments. 

4 minutes ago, Figment said:

Once upon a time they made the map Ocean. They loaded up the map editor added water and said it was done. :)

Yeah, I kinda miss ocean. It’s a very realistic map...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,182 posts
3,828 battles
9 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Don't bully a player to quit the game or bring up needlessly his post history. He asked a normal question without any provocative words in. Mods can someone do something about this? Do we want players to just quit, even when they don't express it?

no problem with me!

let them bully if they like it.

I came back because clanmates asked me to "play something" , i.e. either WoT or WoWs, and there also is this Graf Spee for free...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,257 posts
20,240 battles

It is not really the maps' fault that players play poorly making high tier battles rather dull.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUZ1]
Players
1,902 posts
15,534 battles
2 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

don't worry, I will quit again :)

I quit WoWs every day :cap_haloween:

Welcome back :Smile_great:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,777 posts
44,697 battles
3 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

don't worry, I will quit again :)

Reminds me of new year promises that in 99% will be broken. :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,942 posts
34,680 battles
14 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I noticed that maps become more and more boring as tiers progress up.

less cover, no flat islands, etc. why is that?

Try Ocean. It’s a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,381 posts
11,412 battles
12 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Considering how bad WG has made the Islands of Ice map over the patches, don't expect much.

 

The first ioi map was a amazing map, now it's just another boring map among other boring maps.

5af66bc6-36b9-11e5-9e72-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember this one....it was a cluster fuq, but a fun one.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×