Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Thank you WG for buffing Belfast

37 comments in this topic

Players
3,228 posts
19,185 battles

Since last module revamp it can mount the radar module in slot 2 for an additional 5s of radar.

Now my Belfast isn't underperforming anymore. Went from R4** to R1 in one fell swoop. 

image.thumb.png.01fce4ea72467eab89a731b82bab910e.png

Not that I complain, but was that buff really necessary? :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[B-N-Z]
Players
421 posts
4,644 battles
Il y a 3 heures, lossi_2018 a dit :

Buff Graf Spee a bit too! :Smile_izmena:

Side armor was upped a bit, now you can bait 406mm into bouncing - I trolled a Massachussets that couldn't go into secondary range because he knew I had torps ready :cap_haloween:. But I won't certainly NOT complain if accuracy is buffed a bit - with only 6 shells it is often infuriating.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,498 posts
23,965 battles
4 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

*EDIT*

Not everyone can get an Enterprise now.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles
7 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

Side armor was upped a bit, now you can bait 406mm into bouncing - I trolled a Massachussets that couldn't go into secondary range because he knew I had torps ready :cap_haloween:. But I won't certainly NOT complain if accuracy is buffed a bit - with only 6 shells it is often infuriating.

Side armour is 25mm. 406’s laugh at that!

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles
8 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Since last module revamp it can mount the radar module in slot 2 for an additional 5s of radar.

Now my Belfast isn't underperforming anymore. Went from R4** to R1 in one fell swoop. 

image.thumb.png.01fce4ea72467eab89a731b82bab910e.png

Not that I complain, but was that buff really necessary? :cap_tea:

Yes, IFHE change made Belfast much stronger :cap_like:

Beta Tester
348 posts
16,517 battles
6 hours ago, waxx25 said:

Probably helped that most of the good players are also gone now.

Nothing more to say.

Also the damage output was nerfed recently with the IFHE change...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,932 posts
20,111 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Side armour is 25mm. 406’s laugh at that!

Spee is quite weak at the moment. Not only is she no better armoured than a Devonshire she has an absolutely massive citadel and takes hits all over the place. If they can't buff her armour then perhaps going down the RN route and increasing the ability of her heal to repair citadel damage might be some compensation for the recent power creep. 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles
11 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Spee is quite weak at the moment. Not only is she no better armoured than a Devonshire she has an absolutely massive citadel and takes hits all over the place. If they can't buff her armour then perhaps going down the RN route and increasing the ability of her heal to repair citadel damage might be some compensation for the recent power creep. 

Where’s the evidence for this?

Players
3,228 posts
19,185 battles
7 hours ago, waxx25 said:

Probably helped that most of the good players are also gone now.

Yes and no (but mostly yes). Getting to R5 was a real struggle.

It was only after R5 when players got good enough to not all lemming and die in 5 mins that I could carry.

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, IFHE change made Belfast much stronger :cap_like:

Wondered about that and was too lazy to look it up.

Belfast does not seem weak to me though. Nice to see WG maintaining their premiums in peak shape.

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts
54 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

How often do you encounter one of them?

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles
12 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

How often do you encounter one of them?

I posted the battle numbers. She is quite popular.

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I posted the battle numbers. She is quite popular.

Strange because I seem to rarely see any, you sure those are not coop/ops numbers?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,932 posts
20,111 battles
36 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

In my head, based on picking up and playing a large number of Tier VI cruisers in the last fortnight.

Spee isn't especially well armoured - it was very good for her intended role but it's not anti-BB protection, and she has been power crept somewhat in-game.

British CAs have a much smaller citadel, which doesn't include the magazines or shell handling areas. 

Pensa - a notoriously lightly built ship in reality - now has 25mm bow and stern and is substantially better armoured.

Spee's armour is close to many current CLs, and has now become something of an RNG dependent glass cannon. You may like that, but personally I'm bored of that sort of boat and I like to play something more dependable. There's plenty of choice, at this Tier, so you can see why Spee has become an event ship. It's just OK, a bit meh.

It would be interesting, I think to see how an Admiral Scheer would play with an RN style citadel heal - plenty of things that could be traded for that, like Helena/Boise. 

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Strange because I seem to rarely see any, you sure those are not coop/ops numbers?

Yes, very sure.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,932 posts
20,111 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Spee was originally an event ship

Was it? I must have missed that one. Good to know. But honestly, though, I can't say it's my favourite ship to play. Like all German cruisers it has good brawling potential,which means you get occasional great games, but otherwise it's the familiar frustration of ships with six guns. 

If I was designing Scheer I would be giving her realistic qualities - slightly lower displacement/HP, slightly lighter armour in places, shorter gun range - as trade for a few other things to make her more comfortable to play against heavy ships. Spotter plane + improved citadel heal + slightly improved rudder/acceleration (same power plant as Spee on a lighter ship) would make her more capable of fencing with BBs at range and recovering from the occasional vagaries of RNG. 

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles

Only 6 guns but at tier 6 these guns overmatch many ships you face and their short fuses make them perfect against all the lightly armoured cruisers you find down there.

At tier 6 these are genuine battleship guns with improved accuracy at a tier when most battleships have only scatter guns and no less effective than 356mm guns due to said overmatch.

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts

Before a shell can overmatch something first it needs to actually hit and unless you intend to get a citadel fiesta on yourself you WILL be firing only 3 barrels at any target that is close enough to do it reliably on...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this