Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WilhelmII

Ship Building Current Directives

16 comments in this topic

[FITNG]
[FITNG]
Players
55 posts
4,125 battles

I feel that the current ship building tasks are all geared for those currently at home all day everyday on lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic, with not much else to do but play, as they have plenty of time on their hands to devote the many necessary hours to complete all tasks and phases, which is all fine in itself.   However!

That said, the people who are key workers in this pandemic who are at work all day certainly will not have the sufficient time to give, this so that is where I feel it is one sided, as they have not got the time as they arrive home exhausted, clean up, eat, play with kids. time with the wife, leaving not much time to play WoWS to do the builds especially if they really want any of these 2 ships or even both, (remembering they are all working longer hours to meet demands and tasks of their valued work, that they do for all of us ATM)

The time given by WoWS might seem a fair but only to those with nothing else to do. just thought I would mention it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
4 minutes ago, WilhelmII said:

as they arrive home exhausted, clean up, eat, play with kids. time with the wife, leaving not much time to play WoWS

You chose to have a family. You forfeited gaming. :Smile_trollface:

But people who have certain tech trees researched and own some premium ships are given easier or at least less time-consuming missions.

• Funny 2

[OGHF]
Players
1,515 posts
25,975 battles
31 minutes ago, WilhelmII said:

I feel that the current ship building tasks are all geared for those currently at home all day everyday on lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic, with not much else to do but play, as they have plenty of time on their hands to devote the many necessary hours to complete all tasks and phases, which is all fine in itself.   However!

That said, the people who are key workers in this pandemic who are at work all day certainly will not have the sufficient time to give, this so that is where I feel it is one sided, as they have not got the time as they arrive home exhausted, clean up, eat, play with kids. time with the wife, leaving not much time to play WoWS to do the builds especially if they really want any of these 2 ships or even both, (remembering they are all working longer hours to meet demands and tasks of their valued work, that they do for all of us ATM)

The time given by WoWS might seem a fair but only to those with nothing else to do. just thought I would mention it. 

It is always easier to do directives when you have plenty of time agreed, but it can be done, join a clan and div up it helps, ( we are always looking for new members 😉

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,506 posts
16,028 battles
57 minutes ago, WilhelmII said:

the many necessary hours to complete all tasks and phases

I haven't looked at the later phases - do they get a *lot* more horrible?

I finished the first directive yesterday morning (I think); whilst I do have an extensive port (so can easily pick optimal ships to do different stages) and a bit of time on my hands, I think it would have been distinctly easy to do within the time-frame before the next one goes live with a 'normal' life. That said, these things usually get grindier in later phases (presumably, to encourage people to say ':etc_swear: it!' and just pay to finish), and I suspect getting the last one or two done may be a bit more of an ask for those with less time.

So, it's basically "yay - free GS all round!" and cheap Tirpitz Lite for only the most enthusiastic and/or those with lots of free time.

Presumably, we're into the usual ":etc_swear: - it's summer, better try and think of something to stop people going outside in the fresh air" part of the year; we usually get something rather time-consuming to keep the server numbers up when the weather gets nicer...

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts

One the one hand, this one is lasting two whole updates. On the other hand, rather than objectives just for 'destroyers', 'cruisers' etc. in the first Directive, there are ones which require the specific ship type to be from specific factions only; this is, in my opinion, something of a retrograde step given that they've not represented every faction for some of the ship types in the objectives list (hopefully noone plays USN, IJN and/or German destroyers without some from other factions, likewise for RN battleships and cruisers; but then, those are all fairly minor lines, right?)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
32,413 posts
16,212 battles

Finishing the first directive took me 29 battles. And you have around 9 days for each directive.

• Cool 4

Players
3,116 posts

they are grindy af and extremely boring, BUT they are a huge improvement from PR debacle. It is kinda doable but still not very interesting, the fact I've had Graf for a while maybe part of the uninterest i have but mostly I'm just bored. I only like OPs and sub mode as they give me a bit of fun still so that's something. But it is better and some of the ideas are not bad, I assume they will be polished. Game is slower though on my newer system, which is a concern.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
939 posts
12,219 battles

The 1st directive is always very easy to lure all of the potatos thinking the rest of the other directives are gonna be the same.

Think again. Every single mission is specific to either DD/CA/BB or CV's, you cant complete several at once with the exeption of the pure grinding ones.

Players
4,469 posts
5,726 battles

I dont wanna be a cry baby but they could make rewards for Directives a bit better. 10k credits as a ''reward'' is just... :Smile_Default:

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts
40 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I dont wanna be a cry baby but they could make rewards for Directives a bit better. 10k credits as a ''reward'' is just... :Smile_Default:

This

[FITNG]
[FITNG]
Players
55 posts
4,125 battles
15 hours ago, PeteEarthling said:

You chose to have a family. You forfeited gaming. :Smile_trollface:

But people who have certain tech trees researched and own some premium ships are given easier or at least less time-consuming missions.

You see the difference between you and me is that I think of others, unlike you and the attitude of I am alright jack, I personally have all the time I want to devote to the ship building as I am retired in a big house  4 cars money in the bank and not 1 penny of debt with a bespoke top of the tree gaming computer, so yes I am alright jack as well, well others are not. which is why a little compassion and sparing a though for others is never a bad thing, (As I think key workers in this pandemic are worth a thought or two) and BTW, having a family forfeits you nothing, being selfish like you means you will have to forfeit everything, so you had better stay single. 

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
4 hours ago, WilhelmII said:

You see the difference between you and me is that I think of others, unlike you and the attitude of I am alright jack, I personally have all the time I want to devote to the ship building as I am retired in a big house  4 cars money in the bank and not 1 penny of debt with a bespoke top of the tree gaming computer, so yes I am alright jack as well, well others are not. which is why a little compassion and sparing a though for others is never a bad thing, (As I think key workers in this pandemic are worth a thought or two) and BTW, having a family forfeits you nothing, being selfish like you means you will have to forfeit everything, so you had better stay single. 

Gosh. The difference between you and me is that I understand sarcasm (I even aided the less sophisticated gents and ladies by placing the neat little emoticon) and do not feel butthurt if my life decisions collide with online gaming. No idea what that babble about houses, cars and money is supposed to provide in this context, as well as your personal view upon family and life models, while having not the slightest idea of mine. I also don't get how you come to the conclusion that I am selfish. Your upbringing must have exposed you to a lot of prejudice, or you are just presumptive by nature.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,920 battles

Don't forget you can complete many missions in co-op. I did the missions to spot 12 and get 30 destroyed or spotted ribbons in a Russian or German cruiser by playing the Königsberg against bots. Only difficulty came from spawning the same side as our DD because he'd get the early spots before I could mindlessly rush in. I won't deny that later missions are going to be more of a grind-fest or difficult for many players to complete, such as getting 60 citadel hits or earning 35k base xp, both in a CV (part of directive 4), personally I'll skip those missions and attempt the others instead.

Should I feel there's too much work involved to earn the opportunity to spend 3,500 doubloons for a middling tier 8 premium ship, I'll do something else instead. Not getting another premium ship, particularly when it's not going to be a freebie for a grind marathon, is hardly the end of the world.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,967 posts
20,961 battles
19 hours ago, WilhelmII said:

While I agree that WGs directives are always grindy, dragging the whole corona situation into this just to make a point makes you look bad. 

Even before, some people did have the time while others didn’t for whatever reason. 

Luckily, WG enabled people who have less time then others to progress as fast, if not faster: buy the starter pack for measly 8k dubs and you get a head start. 

Nobody can claim, WG doesn’t think of all the key-workers in medical areas or the poor sods working at McDonalds. Not to advertise WGs starter pack for only 8k Dubloons, Just thought i’d mention it. 

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
18 hours ago, Strapps said:

Don't forget you can complete many missions in co-op.

I do 7 in coop, so it's kind if grindy (credits and XP). I will probably do it several times, tool. Let's see how far I manage it without having to suffer human adversaries. :Smile_honoring:

P.S.: Done. 24.5M PDMG and 2.5M credits were the most grindy missions. Dunno how others are faring, but receiving roughly 100K credits per coop game with a Bismarck (no signals, no superdupercamos, no premium) results in spending some hours. Nice thought to have to make double as many credits soon. :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this