Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Ägir Build

45 comments in this topic

Players
2,408 posts
9,494 battles

I tested Ägir in co-op a bit and found that the turret traverse and the rudder shift are pretty slow.

1. Would you use double rudder on her instead of using the Concealment Mod?

2. Would you use Main Battery Mod 2 (turret traverse +15%) instead of Aiming Systems Modification one (-7% dispersion)?

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,190 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I tested Ägir in co-op a bit and found that the turret traverse and the rudder shift are pretty slow.

2. Would you use Main Battery Mod 2 (turret traverse +15%) instead of Aiming Systems Modification one (-7% dispersion)?

1. No. The rudder shift is similar to other super cruisers. I play them similar to BB anyway and for that they are nimble.
  2. No. That is pretty normal traverse speed.
  • Cool 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
15 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

If you want to do that, then you need to play according to it. Which means: constantly moving. Now, everyone plays the ships a litte different, so you need to ask yourself: are you really moving all the time with a ship like Ägir? If you are and you feel, that it helps you dodging, then why not if it works for you? btw: what kind of improvement in seconds are we talking about? that also kinda makes a difference. I havent checked.

18 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

If you indeed use double rudder then it might be in place to use MBM2 aswell. It again depends: can you keep the guns on the target while turning? Also, EM as cpt skill is the first choice to improve turret traverse.

Players
1,738 posts
15,000 battles
33 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I have a had a few problems with the build on Agir, I started off with Flamu,s secondary build and could not get into range to use it before having, My Command  " Terminated. " 

I tried Carbines Carlito build which did work better for my play style.

How ever after spending a few doubloons on the reset I ended up with this, which works for me.

image.thumb.png.a02bfc18cc00d41cc6b1f5a5832d192a.png

image.thumb.png.d12eb41e9ad8de04e7fdd9b1d31d3e24.png 

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles
10 minutes ago, _Wolf33_ said:

I have a had a few problems with the build on Agir, I started off with Flamu,s secondary build and could not get into range to use it before having, My Command  " Terminated. " 

I tried Carbines Carlito build which did work better for my play style.

How ever after spending a few doubloons on the reset I ended up with this, which works for me.

image.thumb.png.a02bfc18cc00d41cc6b1f5a5832d192a.png

image.thumb.png.d12eb41e9ad8de04e7fdd9b1d31d3e24.png 

Get rid of last stand and vigilance and get fire prevention. It’s really very valuable on this ship.

I have DCS in my second slot. I’m sure the hydro mod will work but I’m not sure a 20% increase is worth it.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
799 posts
22,493 battles

I don't have Ägit (yet), but I got Siegfried and can imagine that the same build works for both: PT, EM, AR, SI, CE, FP. Using aiming mod 1, rudder mod 1 and concealment. Turrets are even slower on SIegfried, but the ship can still outturn the turrets and that is enough in most cases.

In addition, on Ägir reload might be short enough for EL to be viable.

Players
1,738 posts
15,000 battles
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Get rid of last stand and vigilance and get fire prevention. It’s really very valuable on this ship.

I have DCS in my second slot. I’m sure the hydro mod will work but I’m not sure a 20% increase is worth it.

I understand and have tried what you say but in defence of my " arrangements "

1st game of the day:-

image.thumb.png.d6068c82a44e369aae8e7d11d0fe4e42.png

image.thumb.png.ed92c17ec50660c9691a929ed381e917.png

• Cool 1

Players
1,738 posts
15,000 battles
2 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I don't have Ägit (yet), but I got Siegfried and can imagine that the same build works for both: PT, EM, AR, SI, CE, FP. Using aiming mod 1, rudder mod 1 and concealment. Turrets are even slower on SIegfried, but the ship can still outturn the turrets and that is enough in most cases.

In addition, on Ägir reload might be short enough for EL to be viable.

My favourite cruiser was HMS Drake, I would like Siegfried but to be honest I find the research bureau a bit of a " kerfuffle" which seems to cost me silver rather than make it, having said this the only Russian ship I seem to use is Kremlin, so I was thinking of resetting ALL the Russian lines.  

Right now I am enjoying playing Agir a lot and with saying that I have not played Drake 

image.thumb.png.efb1a4c19c5b40802fc6276790f368e2.png

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles
25 minutes ago, _Wolf33_ said:

I understand and have tried what you say but in defence of my " arrangements "

1st game of the day:-

image.thumb.png.d6068c82a44e369aae8e7d11d0fe4e42.png

image.thumb.png.ed92c17ec50660c9691a929ed381e917.png

That poor Conqueror! 

Of course, you can equip the captain anyway you like. Vigilance will, at times, be useful but I have never lost rudder in either of these ships or other super cruisers.

Keep enjoying it, it's a good ship!

[R3B3L]
Players
577 posts
16,303 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I would use Alaska if I were you.

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles

One of the best T9 cruisers out there almost on par with alaska, and way way better than Kronshtadt ever was.

I use this build:(i prefer the double rudder so I can abuse the 90mm belt as much as possible and reduce any damage from incoming balanced 457 BBs, if you find yourself comfortable with the MBM3 you can use it over range module.

shot-20.06.13_18.26.05-0711.jpg

shot-20.06.13_18.26.14-0103.jpg

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles

Kronstadt is often maligned but does in fact perform well.

It has derpy dispersion  but has pen roughly equal to the Siegfried with a much better reload and close to 60% more dpm.

It is still top of the world rated as it has been since inception.

Siegfried is temporarily top as only few players have her and most of them will be good players.

• Cool 1

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Got the Siegfried and went MBM2, MBM3 and rudder. But kept concealment. Seems to work well, but I tend to like to get closer to the enemy.

I've gone MBM2 on most cruisers now, exceptions being the azuma, Kron and a couple of others with long reload and poor dispersion. Really helps on things like the Italians where the turret traverse is bad and you're constantly WASD hacking to dodge fire.

Haven't tried a secondary build on the Siegfried yet, but the lack of secondaries that can get on target is making me think this super cruiser is better suited to training german cruiser captains than bb captains. I think the Agir will probably be similar, but I haven't got it yet (Saving freexp for the Smaland).

[FAILS]
Players
799 posts
22,493 battles
36 minutes ago, Commander_Ericson said:

Really helps on things like the Italians where the turret traverse is bad and you're constantly WASD hacking to dodge fire.

Just some nitpicking: Italian turret traverse is actually pretty good (depending on tier, they are just behind Soviet CLs and German CAs, but quite a bit better than Japanese and US CAs. Their turrets only feel slow because they have a tight turning radius/a fast rate of turn. With that said, I also use Turret traverse module on many cruisers since they removed the reload penalty and AA module has become useless.

Players
2,408 posts
9,494 battles

I've just installed installed the reload mod in slot 5 giving even more slower turret traverse:

AegirBuild.jpg

My first random battle with the ship:

AegirFirstBattle.jpg

Will stay with this build.

• Cool 1

Players
2,408 posts
9,494 battles
2 hours ago, B051LjKo said:

I would use Alaska if I were you.

After the first random battle, I like her more than Alaska.

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles

3 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I agree, though it could be just because it’s new.

I prefer Siegfried to both though.

Just saw the Agir Armada video where it says that the 305mm means the ship could have better armour.

Unfortunately that is not true!

I think they should have given Agir the ice breaker to make it the brawling version. Might have been too strong though.

[R3B3L]
Players
577 posts
16,303 battles
27 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Good for you, imho both Agir and Siegfried are kings of mediocracy, they do not excell at anything. Ships that will be forgotten a month after release.

A cruiser that will be outgunned by a Tier 9 dd, well, I am glad that you enjoy it. I will skip on both.

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles
3 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

Good for you, imho both Agir and Siegfried are kings of mediocracy, they do not excell at anything. Ships that will be forgotten a month after release.

A cruiser that will be outgunned by a Tier 9 dd, well, I am glad that you enjoy it. I will skip on both.

Which DD?

Players
2,408 posts
9,494 battles
2 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

You read/watched some reviews, but don't have first hand experience. These guns are just awesome. It feels much more rewarding to use them than the ones on Alaska.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles
Just now, B051LjKo said:

Kitakaze

Because it has more dpm?

How about range?

shell speed?

penetration?

armour?

heal?

hydro?

Kitakaze is a beast of a destroyer but even a Friesland has better dpm.

By your logic, the Colbert is the best ship in the game.

[R3B3L]
Players
577 posts
16,303 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

You read/watched some reviews, but don't have first hand experience. These guns are just awesome. It feels much more rewarding to use them than the ones on Alaska.

Yes, and unless WG comes with rentals, it will stay like that. I do know Siegfried guns, i have 8 of them on my Bismarck, and they are barely suited for tier 8. I cant see how 2 guns less on a tier 9 cruiser can become awsome.

The game is stale, and these ships dont bring anything new to the table. Pitty, as they could be made fantastic brawlers (at least Odin was before he got castrated) or secondary kings, but WG said no.

[R3B3L]
Players
577 posts
16,303 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Because it has more dpm?

How about range?

shell speed?

penetration?

armour?

heal?

hydro?

Kitakaze is a beast of a destroyer but even a Friesland has better dpm.

By your logic, the Colbert is the best ship in the game.

1 on 1 kitakaze will win against both german tier 9 cruisers, and that information is quite sad, as a cruiser by default should be able to kill a dd 1 on 1.