Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

The best Tier V Russian premium cruiser

The best tier V Russian cruiser  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best/ your prefered Russian T 5 cruiser ( although we might yet need more as only 4 ships does not reflect the true power of soviet navy)

• Mikoyan
    • Kirov
    • Murmansk ( So good that the Imperialist Yankees tried to copy it, although much inferior)
    • Krasny Krim ( the true Atlanta)
  2. 2. Molotov vs Kirov, which one is best for its tier?

• Kirov
    • Molotov

24 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
915 posts
20,986 battles

Strangely of the 4 I like Mikoyan the most. Best compromise of speed, agility and firepower. 

• Funny 3

Players
8,185 posts
9,087 battles

I played Mikoyan a bit. Feels like absolute trash. Sorry.

hp pool is a joke, the armour is a joke. A Königsberg can HE citpen your ship. The guns would be good, but their accuracy at range is crap. Unsurprising given Russian dispersion model. If you hit, you get easy cits, provided you hit the right part, but if not, well, sucks. If you have to use HE, you might as well just quit, because 6 slow reload guns with poor long range dispersion is basically just piss poor.

If I had to consider the strongest T5 Soviet cruiser, I'd say Krasny Krim. Best armour, decent dpm and accuracy.

Between Kirov and Molotov, Kirov gets the better rating from me, because it doesn't meet 8 ever, so the 30 mm HE pen is always great.

• Cool 4

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

Love the Kirov and have played it a lot but for the general playerbase the Murmansk is probably "better" in more situations despite the Kirov still being very good (for me), and it's the same with the Kirov vs Molotov. The Molotov is my most played "PvP" ship overall, and the Kirov was second most played ship, but of the two I'd still pick Molotov.

• Cool 1

Players
732 posts

I like the MiG, because I know that if I can get into brawling range with my Visby then I'm basically guaranteed a kill with a bunch of citadels...

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,961 battles

I like the Mikoyan, because spamming heavy AP at range is perfect balans(!) at TV.

Citadelling angled cruisers at 14km? No problem comrade! Taking 10k chunks out of all non-soviet BBs? No problem comrade, is balans!

Overall, i like the Murmansk more, because Dakka, range, agility, and it being the second (after the Gremy) OP soviet bias ship ingame and the first premium i bought.

• Funny 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,847 posts
5,332 battles

Really did not enjoy the seven games I played in Mikoyan over last patch, so I have to give the nod to the Kirov

• Cool 1

Players
515 posts
15,227 battles

Mikoyan feels like T7 guns on a T2 hull. Every cruiser is more effective if you shoot at people who don't shoot back; but for Miko, that's almost her only business model.

Murmansk on the other hand is a really fun boat - unless uptiered to T7. I don't have the Krim, so can't comment on it.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,961 battles

Krasny Krim can be OP for her tier, however, you need a 19 point captain with the right build and a patient capatin at the helm.

Otherwise you're just food for anything else you meet.

With such a setup, she's most likely the strongest TV cruiser, however, this is exactly the reason why i consider Murmansk and Mikoyan to be the overall better ships as all you need is a 10 point commander.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

Murmansk was my first ever premium. I have a 38% win rate, after about 150 games, as I didn’t take the time to learn the game first, but it’s fun as hell.

I got my first kraken in the Molotov, so it will always be a bit special for me.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,599 posts
13,889 battles

Krispy Kreme gets my vote, as she's an essential reminder of the bleakness/futility of existence and that we all must die...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[-TPF-]
Players
3,924 posts
16,163 battles

I love Krasny Krim. She is brilliantly fun, if you like melting Battleships. 

Mikoyan and Kotovsky are fun but a bit too fragile. Like Molotov. And Shchors. Kirov is a bit better but still only OK. 

Murmansk is very good, though. 

In the "Which is best" competition, I prefer Kirov. Don't need Molotov now I have Makarov, which is much more comfortable to play. 

• Cool 1

Players
141 posts
3,515 battles

1.)
Krispy Kreme is OP

Kekw

2.) I voted Molotov. Might be a bit of personal bias. The great shell velocity makes Molotov comfortable to play for me. She has no problem hitting targets at max range even with spotter plane.

Kirov might be better tier for tier since she won't meet those fearsome VIII BBs that can blow a breeze towards her general direction and devstrike her

• Cool 1

Players
2,903 posts

KIrov got a lot of love here :) Not a bad little ship. Miko has fantastic guns, but the only non DD ship I like wit 6 barrels is Gneiss and I have caught meself gawking at her sister lovingly many a times so idk :P

Beta Tester
4,853 posts
20,279 battles

Make Krispy Kreme Great Again - give her a spotter plane balloon... I can never have too much shooting range on my Krispy Kreme...

It's one of the few ships in which I enjoy getting +2 uptiered - Kamikaze and Minekaze being two more...

I like Mikoyan too, though.. but mostly as a target.. that poor little fragger with the big nasty guns is - in my eyes - the epitome of "glass cannon" getting citadelled even by quite a few HE shells fired by same tier cruisers... feels like she is inclined to sink when a Gneisenau only points it's guns in it's direction, while mighty Krispy Kreme sails straight onward to torp the enemy BB... ^^

Players
490 posts
25,153 battles

My Ranking

Nr 1: Molotov. 9 hard hiting 180mm high Velocity Guns. Great for Punishing Broadsides at all Ranges. Reload is decend. Stealth is Ok too.

Armor and Health is Acceptable for the Tier. This Ship is Recommended

Nr 2: Murmansk: An Omaha with better Torps. This is a fun Little Gun boat and also Recommended

Nr 3:Kirov; This is a Decend Tier 5 heavy Cruiser, Armour and Health is ok for the Tier. Stealth is Ok.

The Guns are 180 mm but with slower Velocity. The Power of These guns is Balanced with the Reload. That Ship is OK

Nr 4: Krasny Krim. Having an armoured Cruiser at Tier 5 sounds Great. After all we love the ST. Louis. 

You have Guns on both Sides, you have Torps and you are bit slower. Sadly you eat more Citadels than a St. Lois

Not as Great as the Other Ships but you could make it work

Nr 5; Mikojan. as Great as Molotov Guns at Tier 5 might Sound. You only have 6 of them.

And you have Tier 4 Level of Armour and Hit Points. At Least the Sealth is OK

You Can Hurt the Enemy but they can Hurt you More. You are just too Squishy

Players
732 posts

Also apparently my Acasta can win close-range gun brawls with the Mickey as well, with enough oomph left over to take a serious chunk out of the Omaha that was immediately next in line. Only managed to hit the Mickey with one torpedo the whole time...

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,322 battles

Molotov, Kirov and Mikoyan are all the same. Paper for armor, slow loading guns and the agility of a pregnant brick. Don't like any of them.

"Crispy Cream" can be fun and dangerous in the right hands and in the right situation, but not always.

Murmansk is a hoot. Agile, fast, guns in all directions and a reload that is half of the 180 mm. In fact, I'm gonna go play her right now. :-)

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,160 posts
10,740 battles
On 6/12/2020 at 10:04 AM, Jvd2000 said:

Strangely of the 4 I like Mikoyan the most. Best compromise of speed, agility and firepower. 

hahahahahaha

Budyonny puts them  in a bag and crap on them all

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
5,977 posts
11,541 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

hahahahahaha

Budyonny puts them  in a bag and crap on them all

To be fair, I found Kirov just a little bit better for its tier, if only because I felt I could play it to its max with far fewer captain skillpoints.

But all of them are great till you get to the Chapa. That one is a bit of a turd :Smile_sceptic:

Donskoi is better at least but imo not to the same level as the mid tier USSR cruisers these days.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,160 posts
10,740 battles
26 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

To be fair, I found Kirov just a little bit better for its tier, if only because I felt I could play it to its max with far fewer captain skillpoints.

But all of them are great till you get to the Chapa. That one is a bit of a turd :Smile_sceptic:

Donskoi is better at least but imo not to the same level as the mid tier USSR cruisers these days.

I couldn't agree more with you.

I was about to give up from the Russian line. Orlan it's ok but the other 3 are awful, Kirov made me hesitate 

"hold on, take a look at what's coming next" it's the only thing i can  say about Kirov.

What came next was my most played ship ,ever , to this day , the best t6 ship .

you have to combine Bayern, Nurnberg and Shchors (3 of my most played ships) to be close to the number of battles i played with budyonny alone, so much fun... but it froze my progression for a long time.

t6 it's great, t7 it's great, t8 garbage, t9 i don't get the complains about armour, it's a step up, the R.O.F. could be better and those 8 km torps...well it's not needed, i spent so much time with 4 km torps that 8 km torps  feels strange, t10 it's awesome.

3 great ships and 1 ok ship out of 10.

With Molotov you can bite hard once or twice but it's just a Kirov at t6 at the end of the day.

About Murmansk  i can't comment but i have a soft spot for Omaha.

@Jvd2000

Slap a perma camo on Buddy and you will have a better premium that any of those you spoke of.

• Cool 1

Players
490 posts
25,153 battles

The high Tier Russian heavy Cruisers are great.

I am enjoying the Tallinn.

Riga and Petropawlows seem to be very strong as well.

I can´t wait to get those 2.

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles
On 6/12/2020 at 11:04 AM, Jvd2000 said:

Neither, they are all pretty trash for different reasons BUT if I had to choose it would be Krispy as she at least doesnt have a counterpart in another nation tree that beats her hands down in her role (dakka) unlike the rest does...

Sign in to follow this