Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rage1750

Anyway to disable dockyard?

29 comments in this topic

[MUMMY]
Players
452 posts
9,653 battles

Hello Captains

Is there a way of disabling the dockyard?

After the Christmas fiasco when WG effectively told me to go eat a bag of male reproductive organs the dockyard is dead to me, I just dont want anything to do with it. 

Yeah its free stuff, but it brings back too many sad memories of Christmas 2019 when I was in work a lot and then came hold to a festive wall of grind; only for WG employees to go into overdrive dismissing the anger generated.  "No we didnt hype up Pay2Rico for the past few weeks at all, the real prize was Gorizia.  Pay2Rico was only meant to be obtainable by the unemployed and disabled.  Here Cpatain, have Gorizia and Merry Christmas".

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

Players
734 posts
8 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

Hello Captains

After the Christmas fiasco when WG effectively told me to go eat a bag of male reproductive organs the dockyard is dead to me, I just dont want anything to do with it. 

Yeah its free stuff, but it brings back too many sad memories of Christmas 2019 when I was in work a lot and then came hold to a festive wall of grind; only for WG employees to go into overdrive dismissing the anger generated.  "No we didnt hype up Pay2Rico for the past few weeks at all, the real prize was Gorizia.  Pay2Rico was only meant to be obtainable by the unemployed and disabled.  Here Cpatain, have Gorizia and Merry Christmas".

No way to disable it directly, you'd have to just ignore it in Port for the duration of the next couple of patches or wait until 0.9.7, I think it is. I think you'll only have to wait about a week until the early bundle is no longer available, at which point at least the glowing icon should be gone.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles

Just play the game as usual and ignore it ... you will get some rewards from it but you don't need to open it at all.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Players
452 posts
9,653 battles

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I could ignore it, but I would prefer to actively refuse to participate without having to take a break from the game.

Its a shame really as it does seem technically feasible, if you want to participate in Naval Battles you need to enable it, a number of offers WG brings out (pretty sure it was High School Fleet) you had to click participate to enable it.

Dont want flashbacks of WG PR department saying "No we wont livestream some WG employee grinding the Pay2Rico, because well; we have jobs", "Its totally doable" and the numerous rants that Ocatvian fellow went off on?  Tough Comrade, you will let us make amends as you will participate.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
734 posts
2 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I could ignore it, but I would prefer to actively refuse to participate without having to take a break from the game.

Its a shame really as it does seem technically feasible, if you want to participate in Naval Battles you need to enable it, a number of offers WG brings out (pretty sure it was High School Fleet) you had to click participate to enable it.

Dont want flashbacks of WG PR department saying "No we wont livestream some WG employee grinding the Pay2Rico, because well; we have jobs", "Its totally doable" and the numerous rants that Ocatvian fellow went off on?  Tough Comrade, you will let us make amends as you will participate.

If you're playing the game but otherwise not making any payments to WG over the course of the event, you're using up server resources etc. that cost them money without giving anything in return. Theoretically, the more you play in that case, the more you end up costing them ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
35 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

Hello Captains

I wish it were easier for us plebs to modify the port interface ourselves. I'd like to remove one of the other buttons.

Sure it won't completely remove Dockyard from the game but at least you won't have to see it then, if that's good enough for you.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,786 posts
23 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

It makes my game slow :/

It wants your resources. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

Players
563 posts
3,540 battles
1 hour ago, rage1750 said:

Yeah its free stuff, but it brings back too many sad memories of Christmas 2019 when I was in work a lot and then came hold to a festive wall of grind; only for WG employees to go into overdrive dismissing the anger generated.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475dc08b2c786eedbc92

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,739 posts
18,657 battles

How could you not enjoy the Dockyard the commissar strictly ordered us to enjoy and be grateful for what we are given. 

On a serious note just ignore it it's all you can do. 

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,353 posts
36,715 battles
1 hour ago, rage1750 said:

Yeah its free stuff, but it brings back too many sad memories of Christmas 2019 when I was in work a lot and then came hold to a festive wall of grind; only for WG employees to go into overdrive dismissing the anger generated. 

Maybe it's time to move on? Cause this dockyard actually is completely different approach. 

• Cool 2

Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
15 hours ago, rage1750 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't forgotten that. But at least the rewards outside of PR were still pretty good.

• Cool 1

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
16 hours ago, rage1750 said:

Was it terrible behaviour on WGs part? Sure.

But if it makes you feel that bad to see the dockyard as a concept still and you can't just ignore it, I feel you should maybe think about how you approach the game and to what degree you want to be emotionally invested. Because there's more important things to care about than this and I don't think it's reasonable to get this invested if all it does is frustrate the hell out of you.

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
683 posts
5,103 battles
14 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe it's time to move on? Cause this dockyard actually is completely different approach. 

looks exactly the same to me. its still a system designed to leverage as much pressure against the consumer to make purchases they wouldnt if the were not obfuscated so. its worse if anything they have learnt from ver 1.0 and got the levels to a much more affective level, its not about giving us anything , its about driving engagement, its about generating sunk cost and then when the timer starts ticking down false scarcity will really start turning the screw.

and i must say the idea of giving steel for bought ranks is genius i salute the room of economists and psychologists that worked on this scheme bet that makes yachts

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
527 posts
18,128 battles
16 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

How so? I barely looked at it, but it seems the same. A timer to stress you with FOMO, while giving small increments of gifts to feed the seratonine of our reptile brains.

As far as I see, you can get to phase 18 the hard way, leaving you juuuuust shy of getting it and thus a little investment..

• Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,353 posts
36,715 battles
49 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

How so? I barely looked at it, but it seems the same. A timer to stress you with FOMO, while giving small increments of gifts to feed the seratonine of our reptile brains.

As far as I see, you can get to phase 18 the hard way, leaving you juuuuust shy of getting it and thus a little investment..

No it doesn't. On PR event you had "building process" so more buildings you unlock the faster you build it. So this was the timegate to play as much you can and unlock those buildings by directives in the same day. Also you have now 2 months not one. And you don't need any booster. The only thing you need is to play around 50 battles a week and pay 3500 dubs at the end. Also the attitude changed, they did mark PR as a "free" ship, now they didn't say such thing about Odin.

• Cool 2

[_I_]
Players
527 posts
18,128 battles
16 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

No it doesn't. On PR event you had "building process" so more buildings you unlock the faster you build it. So this was the timegate to play as much you can and unlock those buildings by directives in the same day. Also you have now 2 months not one. And you don't need any booster. The only thing you need is to play around 50 battles a week and pay 3500 dubs at the end. Also the attitude changed, they did mark PR as a "free" ship, now they didn't say such thing about Odin.

Sure it looks a hell of a lot better. It's still timed (2 months is way better than 1..) and you're still left short without using dubloons. 

But ... it IS clearly written that you'll not get Odin by just playing.

I'm very happy the dockyard is more "accessible" (yes, in reference to CVs), as it does look very neat. Even a n00b like me might manage 50 games a week...

However does it say anywhere than you get dubloons instead of AGF if you already have it? 

• Cool 1

Players
1,116 posts
21,791 battles

You mean you don't feel like grinding AND spending doubloons on the next hot piece of ship?

Preposterous I declare!

• Bad 1

[_I_]
Players
527 posts
18,128 battles
18 minutes ago, viceadmiral123 said:

You mean you don't feel like grinding AND spending doubloons on the next hot piece of ship?

Preposterous I declare!

Grinding = playing the game.

spending dubloons = possibly giving WG cash, of which they got enough ;) But if we get dubloons from Graf Spee.. hence the question above...

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Sad memories... I can't play the game with dockyard... Why people are such snowflakes nowadyas?

Just get over it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,632 posts
13,918 battles

FWIW when you complete the second stage of the thing, the golden emphasis on the dockyard vanishes, making it less obtrusive.

Personally, I don't mind the current iteration of the dockyard as - as far as I can see - WG have fixed most/all of what annoyed me/us so much last time...

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,353 posts
36,715 battles
7 hours ago, Nibenay78 said:

However does it say anywhere than you get dubloons instead of AGF if you already have it? 

You get credits when you have The Graf Spee. Around 7mln .

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
527 posts
18,128 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

You get credits when you have The Graf Spee. Around 7mln .

The most useless resource :(

Sign in to follow this