You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Rev0LveR_

for about Moskva Camouflage

84 comments in this topic

[-_W_-]
[-_W_-]
Players
69 posts
12,767 battles

Hi mates,

l have problem with Moskva.

At the new update, the Moskva Cruiser got the Premium Ship with the Premium permanent camouflage. l had the Moskva with the camouflage that I previously purchased with 5000,00 Doblons. In this case, the camouflage that I bought with Doblon has no effect (like disappeared). Those who own this ship and haven't purchased (5000,00 Doblon) the camouflage before, now they have a Premium Ship with special camouflage (Type 20).

So, WARGAMING has violated the right of players who bought camouflage on the Moskva ship like me.

In therefore, I am requesting the equivalent (5000,00 DOblons) of my camouflage by Doblons.

l contacted with support for that issue. Also, they answered me that nothing to do.

l still think about that WARGAMING is vialating my right. This is unacceptable.

What do you think about that?

Best regards

Deniz

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,491 battles

Unfortunately that was Wargaming decision on this. It has been discussed at length but they refused to acknowledge  the purchase of a camo as worth compensating.

Take home lesson: don’t buy permanent camos.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2

[-_W_-]
[-_W_-]
Players
69 posts
12,767 battles
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Unfortunately that was Wargaming decision on this. It has been discussed at length but they refused to acknowledge  the purchase of a camo as worth compensating.

'Take home lesson: don’t buy permanent camos' That was so right...

• Cool 3

Players
2,888 posts
8 minutes ago, _Rev0LveR_ said:

Hi mates,

At the new update, the Moskva Cruiser got the Premium Ship with the Premium permanent camouflage. l had the Moskva with the camouflage that I previously purchased with 5000,00 Doblons. In this case, the camouflage that I bought with Doblon has no effect (like disappeared). Those who own this ship and haven't purchased (5000,00 Doblon) the camouflage before, now they have a Premium Ship with special camouflage (Type 20).

So, WARGAMING has violated the right of players who bought camouflage on the Moskva ship like me.

In therefore, I am requesting the equivalent (5000,00 DOblons) of my camouflage by Doblons.

l contacted with support for that issue. Also, they answered me that nothing to do.

l still think about that WARGAMING is vialating my right. This is unacceptable.

What do you think about that?

Best regards

Deniz

I'm sorry for your trouble. As said, we tried to make it fairer for those that got hurt by this but we faced extreme opposition in all the threads we tried to open. The bad guys won I'm afraid :/

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
9,695 battles
8 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Yeah, I learned that lesson alright. I'm not only not buying more permanent camos, I'm not spending a dime more in this game. Their loss. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,671 posts
14,305 battles
14 minutes ago, _Rev0LveR_ said:

Hi mates,

At the new update, the Moskva Cruiser got the Premium Ship with the Premium permanent camouflage. l had the Moskva with the camouflage that I previously purchased with 5000,00 Doblons. In this case, the camouflage that I bought with Doblon has no effect (like disappeared).

Are you sure about that? Type 20 is the camo you bought before and the one you still have.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,491 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Are you sure about that? Type 20 is the camo you bought before and the one you still have.

He’s stating that his purchase of the camo had no affect on the end result.

He is correct.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,671 posts
14,305 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

He’s stating that his purchase of the camo had no affect on the end result.

He is correct.

He is stating that it is like she disappeared, which is not correct.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He is stating that it is like she disappeared, which is not correct.

If you read that one sentence then you’re right. If you read the whole post then it’s pretty obvious what he means.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,531 posts
13,790 battles
51 minutes ago, _Rev0LveR_ said:

Yup.

A significant number of people on here (and other fora, I gather) objected to this when it was announced weeks ago, and WG took zero notice. I imagine you won't be the only person this morning who's having a "what the h*ll?!" moment...

It rather looks like the matter is done though, so all we can do is be mindful of this when making the decision as to whether to buy T10 permaflage in future (and when advising others).

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
26,671 posts
14,305 battles
16 minutes ago, Zip__ said:

If you read that one sentence then you’re right. If you read the whole post then it’s pretty obvious what he means.

Not really. He also claims the camo has no effect, which is wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
34 posts
3,393 battles

Whilst it might be an incredibly bad business practice, they are not in violation of anything. On the contrary, everything on our accounts legally belongs to them, or so I hear and read...

I didn't have the camo, so I am grateful for what I got. I do feel sorry for the people that bought it and didn't get their investment out of it before this happened.

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,491 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Not really. He also claims the camo has no effect, which is wrong.

The camo he had yesterday has no bearing at all on his camo today.

Had he not bought the camo, it would have had ‘no effect‘  on the camo he had today.

He is actually quite clear about this.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
2,888 posts
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

he also has 5K? less dubs in his wallet, I bet it took him a half a year to gather them and this is not me trying make fun of it. I still try to get enough to buy one for Haku but always something pops up (some surprise demounting etc) and I can't seem to get there :/

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
26,671 posts
14,305 battles
7 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

The camo he had yesterday has no bearing at all on his camo today.

Had he not bought the camo, it would have had ‘no effect‘  on the camo he had today.

My ships from yesterday have also no effect on today, as ingame items have no time transcending effect.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[1292]
Players
46 posts
3,765 battles

With this mindset I should be angry too then. My friend who paid 0 "zero" euro to the game unlocked Moskva while I have unlocked Hindenburg as first TX ship. Now he gets a 244k coal worth "special ship" for free while I get nothing? Sadly this is it. You buy something for the full price next week that thing goes off for 50%. You feel quite sad about it which is fine but you get over it eventually. 

So... Sh "It" happens. Get over it.

Edited by floribe2000
colour formatting
  • Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,491 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

My ships from yesterday have also no effect on today, as ingame items have no time transcending effect.

I can see now you are intent on misunderstanding this. I’ll try one more time.

Two Realities: 

A. Moskva owned yesterday no camo bought.

B. Moskva and perma camo owned yesterday.

Today after the patch:

A. Moskva and perma camo owned

B. Moskva and perma camo owned.

So when he says ‘no effect’ he has a point.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, _Rev0LveR_ said:

You didn't buy anything, you RENTED the camo from WG with WG keeping full authority on for how long you may have that camo or when is it taken away from you. Therefore WG didn't violate anything.

Read the ToS before complaining. There's bunch of "fun" stuff there

Also, technically, the camo you have on your Moskva right now is the exact same (type 20?) camo that was there previously. It's that same camo of yours.

1 hour ago, _Rev0LveR_ said:

Yeah, good luck with that

11 minutes ago, Jandarid67 said:

With this mindset I should be angry too then. My friend who paid 0 "zero" euro to the game unlocked Moskva while I have unlocked Hindenburg as first TX ship. Now he gets a 244k coal worth "special ship" for free while I get nothing? Sadly this is it. You buy something for the full price next week that thing goes off for 50%. You feel quite sad about it which is fine but you get over it eventually. 

So... Sh "It" happens. Get over it.

Typing in default colour so that everyone could read it is too fancy for you?
Also there were like 2 or 3 months to grind that Moskva (more than enough time) so that argument likely wouldn't fly far either. I'm sure someone would say exactly this

9 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

So when he says ‘no effect’ he has a point.

No, he really doesn't. It's not like this is some unexpected news, this being the exact future / case for that camo was announced long ago. And he lost literally nothing - he had a camo, he still has a camo. It's not like he never played with that camo on his Moskva, meaning he already reaped the benefits of having it.

Getting your knickers in a twist because someone else got a little bit more free goodies than you did is extremely childish & self entitled.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,596 posts
24,000 battles

so cute how people try to make a, for a speshul sheep obligatory, item like a permacamo look like a gift lol. even more funny how still they jump on it, even though it's all said/set and done...

in fact till yesterday that camo was buyable. even possible some poor soul did spent on it yesterday, without ever getting benefit from it. so, technically, 5k dub gift to weegee for nothing..... but yeah: i guess some just struggle to approach "that reality" from different perspectives ^^....

however, have a nice day all and may enjoy free ship/get over 5k dubs wasted and don't buy permas again....

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
9,695 battles
33 minutes ago, RurushuVuiBuritania said:

Whilst it might be an incredibly bad business practice, they are not in violation of anything. On the contrary, everything on our accounts legally belongs to them, or so I hear and read...

I didn't have the camo, so I am grateful for what I got. I do feel sorry for the people that bought it and didn't get their investment out of it before this happened.

We are not talking about what is legal. We are talking about pissing paying customers. I'm not happy that the Moskva that I grindinged for and paid 5k dubs, which isn't an insconsecuential amount, is now given free to everyone. It sets a really bad precedent. We should have gotten the new ship with the camo we paid for. But we go the message, at least I got it loud and clear. Don't buy perma camos. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
2,888 posts
9 minutes ago, valrond said:

We are not talking about what is legal. We are talking about pissing paying customers. I'm not happy that the Moskva that I grindinged for and paid 5k dubs, which isn't an insconsecuential amount, is now given free to everyone. It sets a really bad precedent. We should have gotten the new ship with the camo we paid for. But we go the message, at least I got it loud and clear. Don't buy perma camos. 

I quoting you as I don't want to quote the WG employee above.

It will be interesting to see if people WERE INFORMED before they buy a PERMA camo _ that the item they buy COULD BE TAKEN AWAY THE NEXT DAY or BECOME IRRELEVANT / free... would they still opt to buy it? Anyone want to care to do the experiment?

Hmm, yes they are covered legally, but when you have to mention lawyers (my field btw) then you know you have kinda walked that fine line... between being an outright thief caught wit hand in cookie jar and an iconic brilliant pickpocket/burglar that did em dirty but gotten away on a technicality.

• Cool 1

Players
79 posts
16,691 battles

According to Terms, WG has the right to do whatever they want, so we are not getting our money back for the camo. Is that morale? NO! Absolutely NO, but since when WG gives a "toss" about the community? They are showing us the middle finger with that dicision, and personaly, i am showing them back the same by having stopped dropping a single cent on imaginary "historically accurate hahahaha" ships. 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,531 posts
13,790 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

would they still opt to buy it?

If we assume that we'd get a couple of months' notice then my answer is 'maybe'.

I buy T10 permaflage for silver ships (emphasis) purely for the economic bonuses - with one, T10 silver ships become reliable profit-makers which they aren't normally for a player of my standard.

Previously, the understanding (because WG never gave any indication to the contrary) was that permanent camouflage was just that i.e. it would last as long as the game did; in my case, that meant that where I had a silver T10 it would have a permaflage available for the lifespan of the game. All that has really changed now, via-a-vis future purchases is that there is now a risk that you will lose your silver permaflage at some point and probably get about two months' notice if it does happen; realistically though, we should acknowledge that this scenario is probably fairly unlikely (more so, given the weeks of poor PR that the current case has generated).

A regular T10 permaflage costs, what, 5,000 doubloons? That's about fourteen quid (13.86 UKP to be precise).

So, previously, the thought process was along the lines of "will I get 14 quid's worth of fun/use out of the permaflage before either the game ends, or I get bored, or the ship gets intolerably nerfed?"; now it's the same thought process only with a time period of at least two months (probably more, realistically).

For me, the number of ships that get a resounding 'yes' is now significantly smaller than it was before (and I have most of them already), but it probably isn't zero...

• Cool 7

[OLEUM]
Players
202 posts
18,888 battles

even though I bought the camo two years ago. i feel robbed out of a  t10 silver ship camo. 

something  what I paid for with real money for,  and i expect a just  solution  from wow.

if not then they have lost a customer

• Cool 4