Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Edwards

Cannot change target in Torpedo view

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

The "lock target" and autolock features of the aiming system refuse to allow a player to change the selected target once torpedo camera has been selected. This means that if a player is in the torpedo view with a pre-selected target and is suprised by another vessel in close proximity, they must disengage the torpedo aim view and return to guns view, change target, then once more engage torpedo view to fire with a target track.

I understand some players have an issue with the target tracking function of the torpedo system. This is not the place for your grievances, please post in an appropriate thread.

If this is "intended" functionality, its not really that smart as it nullifies the option of prepared sneak attacks or countering such attacks. What is the point of having a keybind to change targeting lock if it is disabled for specific weapon types? This only serves to cause confusion and frustration to the player, particularly newer players who may thing they have a keybind problem.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,654 battles

AFAIK, you can only swap targets in torpedo view if the targeted ship is inside your launch area. Is this your issue?

Otherwise, I just use "X" to change targets in torpedo view, without the need to change to gun view first.

[1UP]
Alpha Tester, Players
675 posts
888 battles

You should still be able to target a new target by aiming the cursor at them in torpedo view and hitting X.  Sadly there isn't a tab target option for now.

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

View PostEctar, on 18 May 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

You should still be able to target a new target by aiming the cursor at them in torpedo view and hitting X.  Sadly there isn't a tab target option for now.

Thats the issue I am having. I press X and nothing happens if I already have a target. It refuses to change target when in the torpedo view.

View PostVogel, on 18 May 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

AFAIK, you can only swap targets in torpedo view if the targeted ship is inside your launch area. Is this your issue?

Otherwise, I just use "X" to change targets in torpedo view, without the need to change to gun view first.

No its inside range.

For example; I see at target at 15k and press X to lock on. I press 3 to select torpedoes and move my aim accordingly. Now a second target appears at 5km and I need to switch targets. So I move the camera over the target, and press X again.

Nothing happens. It refuses to change to the new target.

Edited by BigBadVuk

[1UP]
Alpha Tester, Players
675 posts
888 battles

Thats the issue I am having. I press X and nothing happens if I already have a target. It refuses to change target when in the torpedo view.

No its inside range.

For example; I see at target at 15k and press X to lock on. I press 3 to select torpedoes and move my aim accordingly. Now a second target appears at 5km and I need to switch targets. So I move the camera over the target, and press X again.

Nothing happens. It refuses to change to the new target.

Is the target popping in and out of visibility in smoke?

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

No, smoke is not involved. Basically its as I said, in torpedo view my X button just no longer works. Its not a keybind issue, since I haven't changed it.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,654 battles

Does it happen with all torp views, or just on certain ships? If my memory serves me right, some ships had the same problem back in Alpha

Beta Tester
1,151 posts

Does it happen with all torp views, or just on certain ships? If my memory serves me right, some ships had the same problem back in Alpha

To be honest I am not sure, since its kinda situational. And I played through the IJN DD tree over the weekend with the patch. So I am not actually sure of specific ships. I will hazard a guess at the T4 IJN DD and the Minekaze having this issue, since those are the ones I played the most this weekend.

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

Playing almost exclusively IJN DDs up to T7, I can always change target with X when I point the reticle in torpedo aiming mode at a target and press X. No probs ever.

Edited by Nethraniel

Sign in to follow this