Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

You Gon done it again.... Dockyard/Sub battles

19 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,926 battles

@MrConway @Tuccy

You did it on first release of sub missions and you have done it again.. you want people to play submarine battles to test them. But they don't count for Dockyard.... Not a good idea I think

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,999 posts
12,244 battles
8 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

@MrConway @Tuccy

You did it on first release of sub missions and you have done it again.. you want people to play submarine battles to test them. But they don't count for Dockyard.... Not a good idea I think

But: Submarine-Battles are gone in ten days, Dockyard stays for 56... Or do you want to treat all users who will claim in 14 days that they cannot use sub-mode?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,926 battles
6 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

But: Submarine-Battles are gone in ten days, Dockyard stays for 56... Or do you want to treat all users who will claim in 14 days that they cannot use sub-mode?

Sub battles are gonna be re accruing.. they may well go after 10 days.. pretty sure they will be back before the end of  dockyard for a second iteration.. also if there gone in 10 days more reason to include them as WG need people too play them in order to get information and stats for the current iteration

• Cool 2

Players
560 posts
3,540 battles

You have ages to complete the dock yard directives though and the subs are gone soon so... whatever dude. 

Players
8,169 posts
9,059 battles
41 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

also if there gone in 10 days more reason to include them as WG need people too play them in order to get information and stats for the current iteration

If they care, yes. Not sure about that. I expect them to claim it was a resounding success and subs on average performed within acceptable parameters. Nevermind that you usually had teams of mostly subs and DDs and 3 bot BBs per side, hardly representative of randoms.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,576 posts
24,764 battles
44 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Sub battles are gonna be re accruing.. they may well go after 10 days.. pretty sure they will be back before the end of  dockyard for a second iteration.. also if there gone in 10 days more reason to include them as WG need people too play them in order to get information and stats for the current iteration

Wanna bet we wont have another sub test in next 2 patches? Next one might be say august or september and i predict T8 subs in it...

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
56 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

I think Toby makes a good point. If WG really want players to play subs then providing incentives would help. Even if subs are going in 10 days they could have been included in the first 2 directives.

• Cool 6

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
59 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Does ranked work for the directives? Tends to be the case that is does

Pretty sure Ranked will be over in a couple days, which then speaks against your argument

[MORIA]
Players
7,344 posts
36,590 battles
43 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Pretty sure Ranked will be over in a couple days, which then speaks against your argument

Ranked does work. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,576 posts
24,764 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Cmon we all know its just good old lazyness ^^

Players
2,900 posts

I wanna see moar people defend the exclusion of the sub battles from the dock. To help alleviate some of the concerns I will give the first insight. They have too many bots in them, some of the missions (torps, spot etc) are EASIER to do in the LENGTHY sub battles haha :) Kinda like the removal of Narai to get fixed (nerfed) to stop people from using it to complete the other dockyard. When you get put yrself in a corner the easiest way to get out is to delete a wall or a game mode. Pretend it isn't there. But dis is probably conspiracy talk lolz :)  

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,576 posts
24,764 battles

Well they usually do that by just making missions T8+ so why bothr excluding them per se esp since afaik many require specific (often premium) ships to do anyways...

Players
2,900 posts
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well they usually do that by just making missions T8+ so why bothr excluding them per se esp since afaik many require specific (often premium) ships to do anyways...

They wanted to do it again, but since they've given 2 low tier premiums (russian) very recently they kinda had to let people play them somewhere, you can't make people take miko to randoms (even Kirov) without using a shotgun

• Funny 1

[YOBOY]
Players
1,063 posts
9,605 battles

The sub-battles did count for the Soviet directives, so it could have made sense to add them to Dockyard as well. And Ranked will be inactive as well soon.

But I guess they realised that Sub-battles are a lame joke at the moment anyway due to mostly bots who don't know how to deal with subs. It's not even a remote simulation of real random battle conditions.

Players
7,051 posts
245 battles
14 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

They wanted to do it again, but since they've given 2 low tier premiums (russian) very recently they kinda had to let people play them somewhere, you can't make people take miko to randoms (even Kirov) without using a shotgun

well at least it will be easier to get podin than fort-a-rico.

• Funny 2

Players
1,695 posts

I would like to ask a question about the new dock yard.

Why at level 10 do you get Admiral Graft Spee, a ship that has been around in World of Warships for a long time, why not a new ship never been marketed before?

As the owner of two AGS,s I find that it has " put me off " the event some what. I would of thought it would of made more commercial sense to have a new ship in this slot. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,576 posts
24,764 battles

Corporate pettyness, they should have made at least a copy paste T6 premium using Nurn or something...

[I-J-N]
Players
4,608 posts

I hope people are not too excited about the submarines, or they won't realize this too late and then they will have to pay... oh... :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this