You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw

HOW MANY RADARS is ENOUGH 4U W.G?

75 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
3,006 battles

Does any of you there at W.G offices realise that now the battles have 14 (!!!!) RADAR cruisers?(both sides ofcourse)

Your MM per side at 0.90.5 :...1 CV (just 4 show,does not do anything anymore )...2-3 BB's (to have something that cruiser burns!)...7 Cruisers (all radar's )combinations between :3 Nevsky,3 Donskoi and 1 smolensk and 4 Nevskys 3 Donskoi's!!!! ...a...and 1 or 2 dd's (usually Halland,or something exotic like somers marceau etc.

Can YOU tell us which strategy should DD's...BB's....Zao's...hidenburg's...goliath's and other decent Cruisers should follow?

Did any of you intersted of that? Or should --after 4 years (second account)--we start to looking for some other game that-at least- respect their players and their money ?

Anyway...just in curiosity matters:

HOW MANY RADARS is ENOUGH 4U W.G?

WHY your RADARs penetrate solid mountains and -atleast-din t have even blid areas as it natural?

HOW can be DD's shooting down entire squadron's of your widely advertised CV's Planes?

NO thank you...your game is nt funny anymore!

Yianna

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,136 posts
9,359 battles

would be really nice if bb would have radar too, so we can deal with those dd,s

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles
8 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

I have one... :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 6

[SV]
Players
875 posts
12,280 battles
10 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

you mean missouri ? :P

[SV]
Players
875 posts
12,280 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

what bb have the radar?

what i just said unobtainable missouri !

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

what bb have the radar?

Missouri :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Players
2,861 posts
19,189 battles
14 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Rock, paper, CV, radar :etc_red_button:

giphy.gif

Seriously, you made me spill my tea 

[CATS]
Players
26,825 posts
14,389 battles
24 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

Can YOU tell us which strategy should DD's...BB's....Zao's...hidenburg's...goliath's and other decent Cruisers should follow?

• Watch the mini map!
  • Do not overextend!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
6,463 posts
10,752 battles
35 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

7 Cruisers (all radar's )combinations between :3 Nevsky,3 Donskoi and 1 smolensk

Once again, Smolensk has radar. Damn. Its been claimed so often now in the forums, I really have to find that zecret zlot where you can mount radar.

36 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

WHY your RADARs penetrate solid mountains

So that the DD has a way to play around the radar. Not that you would understand how tho...

37 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

HOW can be DD's shooting down entire squadron's of your widely advertised CV's Planes?

Because the CV player in questions is, well, uber bad.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
16 posts
3,514 battles
28 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Watch the mini map!
  • Do not overextend!

While your team burns and your DDs get radared to death

[CATS]
Players
26,825 posts
14,389 battles
Just now, _not_so_nice_ said:

While your team burns and your DDs get radared to death

Then they did not follow:

30 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Watch the mini map!
  • Do not overextend!

Bad players get sunk. What is new?

[SWAMP]
Players
361 posts
2,683 battles
47 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Watch the mini map!
  • Do not overextend!

Yeah, I do that personally so radar doesn't nearly kill me as often as it used to.
The issue I have with radar now is that:

1. I often don't know when a radar was used and, if it was used, when its back up again. When I do know (for instance, only 1 radar ship and I saw his radar lighting me up and I got away), I find that unless I'm right near the cap circle (if capping), I often don't have enough time to circle back in and start capping safely before radar comes online again (usually since I was chased off by said radar, then have to make a u-turn and get back around the island I escaped, while being somewhat careful when approaching the cap in case of another DD).

2. Multiple radar effectively zones me out of a cap completely. This is amplified by point 1, as I can't always be 100% sure which ship used his radar (for instance if there is a Soviet and US radar ship whose ranges overlap), and when its safe again. Usually my conclusion is that its not safe at all to go anywhere near the radar ranges, which makes for some very passive play.

Any tips on how to play around that?
I know that I can try to spot the cruiser for my teammates, but that's no guarantee that the radar cruiser will die or even be fired upon. And as I'm playing Daring mostly, those 10 km torps can be dangerous to launch against a somewhat stationary radar cruiser (especially soviet ones, due to the 2 km window between 12 km radar and 10 km torps).

One of my biggest wishes is that I'd really like a visual cue on whether or not a radar is used, just like you can easily tell if a DCP or repair party is used - a spinning radar antenna/dish, or "humming airwaves" or what have you, anything to make me wiser.
That would help so much when watching the cruiser and deciding how to approach a zone where radar is located.

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles
1 hour ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

Camp behind islands and spam. It's what WG wants the game to be.

• Cool 3

[LSCA]
Players
1,136 posts
9,359 battles
1 minute ago, Phayk said:

Camp behind islands and spam. It's what WG wants the game to be.

yes, it's called safe play. not like those idiot coop bots who rush to cap and instant die

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles

Its not even fair to say WG designs cruisers for HE spam, many a cruiser esp some of late are so obviously meant to be AP oriented ships, however how people exploit them and what meta develops as a consequence is an entirely different matter...

[SWAMP]
Players
361 posts
2,683 battles

To add to this topic though, I really like how WG introduced the new very-short duration (15s) radar on the new Soviet cruisers.
While I understand that many don't like the stealth radar opportunities that they have, 15s is so short that it leaves open a much bigger chance of just "tanking the radar" outright.

To add, the new soviet CA will only get off (barely) two shots if he fires immediately as the DD is detected (due to somewhat long reload times), sometimes even just getting off one volley.

I really hope WG follows up with shortening radar durations in the future (of course less for USN cruisers due to their lower ranges), as that could make for some more decision making on my side. Do I wanna play safe, or risk exposing myself for 15 seconds and hoping my WASD saves enough of my health pool for it to be worth staying in this area?

Players
1,546 posts
7,176 battles

The Halland infestation is dead, long live to the radar cruiser infestation.

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles

New radar is more of finisher (target just barely went dark before dying) or see a snapshot of situation around you before you push if you suspect a DD close by or hidden stuff behind islands, its not I push punch radar and dakka everything in sight device such as one on say desmo is...

• Cool 2

Players
560 posts
3,540 battles

Radar should only give a split second silhouette exposure of a ship and not perma-fork ships like it currently does. It would be more than enough to just get a glimpse of an unseen enemy ship in which players can then MAYBE get some fast shots in it but more importantly just get an understanding of where that ship is, what way it's facing and what direction it's heading if any. As it stands, players get totally shafted by Radar and it locks out large sections of maps simply by players being aware ship X has radar and thus you don't go within 10km of it. For me that's just sad for the game but a personal opinion of course.  

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles

Well going into IRL stuff is better avoided, firstly since many a ship not sporting radars in game had excellent systems IRL and secondly because having an actuall targeting radar effects in game with current ballistics would be a disaster...

[LUZ1]
Players
671 posts
11,605 battles
11 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

To add to this topic though, I really like how WG introduced the new very-short duration (15s) radar on the new Soviet cruisers.
While I understand that many don't like the stealth radar opportunities that they have, 15s is so short that it leaves open a much bigger chance of just "tanking the radar" outright.

To add, the new soviet CA will only get off (barely) two shots if he fires immediately as the DD is detected (due to somewhat long reload times), sometimes even just getting off one volley.

I really hope WG follows up with shortening radar durations in the future (of course less for USN cruisers due to their lower ranges), as that could make for some more decision making on my side. Do I wanna play safe, or risk exposing myself for 15 seconds and hoping my WASD saves enough of my health pool for it to be worth staying in this area?

Do you play DDs?

My experience is that I seldom get shot at by just 1 ship when radared. Also, you can buy extended radar duration and with many radar cruisers in a single game they will cooperate around caps.

I predict gameplay will become even more static and stale.

• Cool 1

[SWAMP]
Players
361 posts
2,683 battles
5 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Do you play DDs?

My experience is that I seldom get shot at by just 1 ship when radared. Also, you can buy extended radar duration and with many radar cruisers in a single game they will cooperate around caps.

I predict gameplay will become even more static and stale.

I do, and right now I have played them almost exclusively for the last 2 months.

The thing with these new radars is though, that radar does have a delay before they light you up for the rest of the team, and when that window of opportunity is only 15 seconds (for the new soviet cruisers), that leaves even less time for his fleet to react and shoot at me.
And 20% increased duration doesn't worry me, it only adds 3 seconds to those new soviet radars, which I find a questionable investment.
Radar cruisers cooperating is otherwise something that they do today, so it's not something I worry about except for situations where unicum divisions rotate radar out of stealth - but in randoms, that's unlikely to happen a lot.

I personally dislike the long duration radars a lot more.