You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

PSA: Fix for problems with opening Dockyard

59 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles

Commanders!

Some of you may have encountered a problem due to which entry into the Dockyard was not possible. We have prepared a fix to resolve this issue.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:

1. Close the game.
  2. Download the archive Install_patch_fix_for_0.9.5.zip
  3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.5» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).
  4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.5» folder.
  5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
  6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
  7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.

If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

• Cool 3

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles

Am on Steam . Under steamapps\common\World of Warships\bin , only the folders 2571457 and 2591463 have both \bin32 and \bin64 , but neither has a folder "screenshots" . Am I in the wrong place to look for the "root folder" of WoWs, or which of those folders do I install to ?

Players
999 posts
5,786 battles

Will we get this fix deploying automatically today, as I would not bother with manual fixes if it comes out today as an update.

[TDVAS]
Players
695 posts
6,650 battles
34 minutes ago, Amtal said:

Am on Steam . Under steamapps\common\World of Warships\bin , only the folders 2571457 and 2591463 have both \bin32 and \bin64 , but neither has a folder "screenshots" . Am I in the wrong place to look for the "root folder" of WoWs, or which of those folders do I install to ?

most likely to the  2591463 folder as that is latest one

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
722 posts
569 battles
1 hour ago, Amtal said:

Hi Captain, 

Apparently every user has different numbers for those folders, just to be sure, I would try to simply apply the patch to both 😊

• Cool 1

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

most likely to the  2591463 folder as that is latest one

Well, that did not work . I am getting 2 little ship Icon spinning wheels now, one a bit smaller as the other .

14 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Apparently every user has different numbers for those folders, just to be sure, I would try to simply apply the patch to both 😊

That is not possible . ONce I applied it in one folder, the DosBox tells me "You have already applied the Patch!" when I try to apply it in another folder . I will cancel Changes ( Option 2 ) in 2591463, then try to apply patch i 2571457 and get back .

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles

Ok, so even cancelling Changes of the Patch in 2591463 ( using option 2 in the DOS Box ) does NOT allow me to apply patch in a different folder . Still getting "You have already applied the Patch!" .

I am wondering, since this is a problem with the inGame Chromium, why is this so hard to fix ?

Also, why does the patch come with .exes ?

Btw., is there a fix for armory not opening in client for me ?

[TDVAS]
Players
695 posts
6,650 battles
10 minutes ago, Amtal said:

Well, that did not work . I am getting 2 little ship Icon spinning wheels now, one a bit smaller as the other .

That is not possible . ONce I applied it in one folder, the DosBox tells me "You have already applied the Patch!" when I try to apply it in another folder . I will cancel Changes ( Option 2 ) in 2591463, then try to apply patch i 2571457 and get back .

that issue was even in pts, dunno why they not fixed that 2 spin icons

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles

OK, so this is funny .

Here is what I did :

1) extracted patchfolder to 2591463

2) applied patch, option 1

3) restarted Game, Dockyard did not open

4) closed Game

5) copied patchfolder into 2571457

6) tried to apply patch in 2571457, was not possible ( "You have already applied the patch!" )

7) went back into 2591463, ran patch again using option 2 ( "Cancel changes" ) ;

8) went back into 2571457, tried to apply patch again . Again was not possible due to DosBox :"You have already applied the patch!"  ;

9) went back into 2591463, tried to apply patch again, also was not possible due to DosBox : "You have already applied the patch!" ;

10) started Game again ; Dockyard now opens .

:cap_haloween:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles
Před 1 minutou Amtal řekl/a:

OK, so this is funny .

Here is what I did :

4) closed Game

6) tried to apply patch in 2571457, was not possible ( "You have already applied the patch!" )

7) went back into 2591463, ran patch again using option 2 ( "Cancel changes" ) ;

8) went back into 2571457, tried to apply patch again . Again was not possible due to DosBox :"You have already applied the patch!"  ;

9) went back into 2591463, tried to apply patch again, also was not possible due to DosBox : "You have already applied the patch!" ;

Apparently you workarounded the workaround :cap_haloween:

But I am glad, that it works for you now :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TDVAS]
Players
695 posts
6,650 battles
4 minutes ago, Amtal said:

OK, so this is funny .

Here is what I did :

4) closed Game

i would just copy those 2 exe at right folder and not bother with that patch file at all, but im clad that you resolved your issue

• Cool 1

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
259 posts
35,210 battles

Thank you.  Sorted out my problem

• Cool 1

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, gabberworld sagte:

i would just copy those 2 exe at right folder and not bother with that patch file at all

Funny thing is, the patch wants to create a backup folder in the folder you apply the patch in, copy your existing 32 and 64 .exes into that backup folder and copy the "patched" 32 and 64.exes into the resepctive bins . But none of my prepatch apply .exes have been changed today . So it looks like somehow, nothing has really been done, but it works now .

:cap_wander:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
722 posts
569 battles
41 minutes ago, Amtal said:

Advanced issue found

11 minutes ago, Amtal said:

Btw., is there a fix for armory not opening in client for me ?

If you didn't try it yet we released a fix for the Armory Issue a few time ago, no sure if it will work with the new version of the game though.

31 minutes ago, Amtal said:

OK, so this is funny .

Here is what I did :

4) closed Game

Yes, that's very weird.

Anyway, what this fix does, basically, is to replace the worldofwarships32.exe and Worldofwarships64.exe you have on your folder with the .exe files that you can find inside of the patch's folder. So, if you encounter some problems installing it, you can just try to move the two .exe of the patch manually.

• Cool 1

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

✌
14 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Advanced issues found

8 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

If you didn't try it yet we released a fix for the Armory Issue a few time ago, no sure if it will work with the new version of the game though.

Yes, that's very weird.

Anyway, what this fix does, basically, is to replace the worldofwarships32.exe and Worldofwarships64.exe you have on your folder with the .exe files that you can find inside of the patch's folder. So, if you encounter some problems installing it, you can just try to move the two .exe of the patch manually.

Thanks for the armory fix . I figured what the patch wants to do by simply reading it, but funnily, it does not look like it has changed any of my .exes that are being used to start the Game, at all XD . 

Anyways, it works now is what counts .

:cap_like:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
722 posts
569 battles
1 minute ago, Amtal said:

Thanks for the armory fix . I figured what the patch wants to do by simply reading it, but funnily, it does not look like it has changed any of my .exes that are being used to start the Game, at all XD . 

Anyways, it works now is what counts .

:cap_like:

It's nothing, let me know it works for you. Ahha that's weird indeed, apparently, you have magical self-restoring .exe! Anyway I am glad that you could solve your problem 😊

• Cool 1

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, TheWarJaC sagte:

It's nothing, let me know it works for you. Ahha that's weird indeed, apparently, you have magical self-restoring .exe! Anyway I am glad that you could solve your problem 😊

Re the armory fix : I just tried opening it...and it now opens for me no Prob, without having applied the patch you provided above .

I am starting to think somehow my WoWs64.exe was simply faulty . Playing around with the dockyard patch "fixed" it...or something .

So....armory ok, dockyard ok . All is good in MY gaming world today .

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
722 posts
569 battles

Advanced issue found

21 minutes ago, Amtal said:

. All is good in MY gaming world today .

:Smile_great:

Ahha, don't say it! The Gaming Gods can be capricious and unstable :Smile_veryhappy: Anyway, I am very happy that everything worked out for you at the end. 

See you in battle Captain!

[ROHAN]
Players
1 post
973 battles

I'm into shipyard but I'm getting nothing but text (you can see it just below the dark box and on the lower left hand side).  Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.50adb06bf5e77ed0659a41530dbbb42e.png

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,436 posts
4,196 battles
Před 32 minutami WrefordBrown řekl/a:

I'm into shipyard but I'm getting nothing but text (you can see it just below the dark box and on the lower left hand side).  Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.50adb06bf5e77ed0659a41530dbbb42e.png

Have you tried to apply this fix?

Players
12 posts
883 battles

May it is wrong Forum to post but did anybody notice that we are not getting any camouflages in Battle time.Doesnt matter what type of camo Im trying to put on my Bismarck the colour stays the same...:cap_wander:

[PORT]
Players
22 posts
19,429 battles
7 minutes ago, Ive_got_the_ships said:

errrrrrrr.........image.thumb.png.b94a0b8cc04c8dd97bb569ce7d60eaa4.png

just click on the show info and hit run anyway, also make sure that when you unlock the zip to extract to its own folder and just drop the new folder into wows main directory before running the patch 

• Cool 1

[_TCG_]
Players
1 post
7,593 battles

Dockyard visuals issues.

Put the patch in and it seemed to work. Got the dockyard a couple of random times but now back to a picture with text. Also news is in the same state randomly.