In-game services unavailability Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Does Odin worth 3500 doubloons ?

15 comments in this topic

Players
3,049 posts
11,342 battles

According to the reviews it's neither strong nor weak and can be fun. It worth 3500 doubloons, but you have to grind your [edited]off to get that price, so it's rather 8000 with the starter pack if you don't play that much. For that price I'd expect a HP buff from WG to get my wallet opened.

• Cool 3

[BABBY]
Players
840 posts
12,711 battles
6 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Or don’t even bother ? Save dbln for sth else?

If you make it through the directives then sure. 3500 is a good price for even the crappiest of premium T8's. But to specifically aim for her...nah, don't think so.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,426 posts
27,231 battles

The ship is not bad, certainly not for 3500 Doubloons. But people will find it bad because they will play it wrong. Like people can play Derpitz wrong. Either far away spamming HE and torping from 2nd line or brawling first in trying to make those torps work because i am strong with my turtleback...It will not be a succes for those players and i expect them to complain hard...probally the one type of players that outright buy the Odin the first day and expect it to be a super Tirpitz and Bismarck combined..

If you play Odin right it can work according to most cc's but not stellar

Players
3,049 posts
11,342 battles
13 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

The ship is not bad, certainly not for 3500 Doubloons. But people will find it bad because they will play it wrong. Like people can play Derpitz wrong. Either far away spamming HE and torping from 2nd line or brawling first in trying to make those torps work because i am strong with my turtleback...It will not be a succes for those players and i expect them to complain hard...probally the one type of players that outright buy the Odin the first day and expect it to be a super Tirpitz and Bismarck combined..

If you play Odin right it can work according to most cc's but not stellar

It's not a ship for beginners. If you have tons of games in T7/T8 German BBs and liked them, then it's a ship for you.

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
432 posts
10,429 battles

It is worth 3500 doubloons if that would be the only thing required to get it :)

[BASIC]
Players
985 posts
24,480 battles

Lol second battle today, enemy has a 2x odin Division, as expected. Looks like for someone it's worth that 35k doubloons omg

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,637 posts
11,095 battles
2 hours ago, luokailk said:

Right now its not even Worth Dirt.

But its Possible that WG will buff it later.

Players
3,049 posts
11,342 battles
20 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

Lol second battle today, enemy has a 2x odin Division, as expected. Looks like for someone it's worth that 35k doubloons omg

How did they perform?

[NMA]
Players
5,061 posts
9,030 battles

I’d put it this way: if by playing “normally” you manage to get the 18 free stages done - sure, why not. I expect its performance will be so abysmally bad it will actually get a buff, and that makes it a t8 BB for like 1/3 of the usual price.

But to intentionally grind towards it with intent to get that ship... not worth it at all

[CHAR]
Players
159 posts
2,578 battles

Compared to prices in this game? If you like German BBs, probably. Compared to any other game, where in-game items cost like 5 bucks? Lol no.

[PEZ]
Players
10,016 posts
4 hours ago, luokailk said:

Dont know if she is worth starter pack 8k but 3.5k? Yes, ofc she is a T8 premium BB after all

[SYTHE]
Players
55 posts
32,702 battles

Clearly any premium Tier VIII ship is a bargain at 3500 Dubloons.  That said, will you play it OFTEN??  Maybe, put probably not!!!

Sign in to follow this