Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Does Odin worth 3500 doubloons ?

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,515 posts
7,089 battles

According to the reviews it's neither strong nor weak and can be fun. It worth 3500 doubloons, but you have to grind your [edited]off to get that price, so it's rather 8000 with the starter pack if you don't play that much. For that price I'd expect a HP buff from WG to get my wallet opened.

• Cool 3

[BABBY]
Players
695 posts
10,434 battles
6 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Or don’t even bother ? Save dbln for sth else?

If you make it through the directives then sure. 3500 is a good price for even the crappiest of premium T8's. But to specifically aim for her...nah, don't think so.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
897 posts
20,910 battles

The ship is not bad, certainly not for 3500 Doubloons. But people will find it bad because they will play it wrong. Like people can play Derpitz wrong. Either far away spamming HE and torping from 2nd line or brawling first in trying to make those torps work because i am strong with my turtleback...It will not be a succes for those players and i expect them to complain hard...probally the one type of players that outright buy the Odin the first day and expect it to be a super Tirpitz and Bismarck combined..

If you play Odin right it can work according to most cc's but not stellar

Players
1,515 posts
7,089 battles
13 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

The ship is not bad, certainly not for 3500 Doubloons. But people will find it bad because they will play it wrong. Like people can play Derpitz wrong. Either far away spamming HE and torping from 2nd line or brawling first in trying to make those torps work because i am strong with my turtleback...It will not be a succes for those players and i expect them to complain hard...probally the one type of players that outright buy the Odin the first day and expect it to be a super Tirpitz and Bismarck combined..

If you play Odin right it can work according to most cc's but not stellar

It's not a ship for beginners. If you have tons of games in T7/T8 German BBs and liked them, then it's a ship for you.

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
345 posts
7,034 battles

It is worth 3500 doubloons if that would be the only thing required to get it :)

[SV]
Players
847 posts
12,113 battles

i bought the starter pack i think its worth around that 8k .

[BASIC]
Players
539 posts
20,131 battles

Lol second battle today, enemy has a 2x odin Division, as expected. Looks like for someone it's worth that 35k doubloons omg

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,296 posts
8,127 battles
2 hours ago, luokailk said:

Right now its not even Worth Dirt.

But its Possible that WG will buff it later.

Players
1,515 posts
7,089 battles
20 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

Lol second battle today, enemy has a 2x odin Division, as expected. Looks like for someone it's worth that 35k doubloons omg

How did they perform?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I’d put it this way: if by playing “normally” you manage to get the 18 free stages done - sure, why not. I expect its performance will be so abysmally bad it will actually get a buff, and that makes it a t8 BB for like 1/3 of the usual price.

But to intentionally grind towards it with intent to get that ship... not worth it at all

[CHAR]
Players
129 posts
2,217 battles

Compared to prices in this game? If you like German BBs, probably. Compared to any other game, where in-game items cost like 5 bucks? Lol no.

[JRM]
Players
6,552 posts
24,729 battles
4 hours ago, luokailk said:

Dont know if she is worth starter pack 8k but 3.5k? Yes, ofc she is a T8 premium BB after all

[BASIC]
Players
539 posts
20,131 battles
3 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

How did they perform?

Don' t know, I left the game after early dead 

[HEATH]
Players
48 posts
27,167 battles

Clearly any premium Tier VIII ship is a bargain at 3500 Dubloons.  That said, will you play it OFTEN??  Maybe, put probably not!!!

Sign in to follow this