You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Why we have tons of new ships?

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,538 posts
7,144 battles

There are tons of new ships out in every which way to obtain them. Mainz/Bayard in armory for doubloons, Siegfried in RB, Odin in Dockyard, Agir for FreeXP and in the NA shop., paid only dockyard option to get steel. Is WG desperately needs our money, or what?

Edited the title to avoid a ban.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,576 posts
24,775 battles

Management needs not only a positive balance but growth and marketing is there to provide it, just buisness m8

• Cool 4

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,269 posts
6,548 battles

Since you are new to this game.

FREE exp means you can get it without using money.

RB points can be gathered for free

Steel can be gathered for free

Doubloons can be gathered for free

On worldofwarships.eu you can find patch notes. This will tell you that we get new silver ships...

If you feel somehow obligated to spend money on this game to speed your progress, go ahead. In the end salaries need to be paid...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
1,538 posts
7,144 battles
5 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Since you are new to this game.

FREE exp means you can get it without using money.

RB points can be gathered for free

Steel can be gathered for free

On worldofwarships.eu you can find patch notes. This will tell you that we get new silver ships...

If you feel somehow obligated to spend money on this game to speed your progress, go ahead. In the end salaries need to be paid...

You've a strange definition of new, I've been around for two and a half year and know these currencies. The OP is not to be interpreted literally. Up till now the introduction of new premiums were much more paced out. Now you have tons of new things to spend money on. I don't feel obligated, but the choices are vastly expanded now, which breaks the previous pattern, so there is a reason behind it.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,576 posts
13,869 battles
24 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Is WG desperately needs our money, or what?

Well, processed Erythroxylaceae and ladies of negotiable affection won't pay for themselves, y'know.

Being less facetious, a lot of the new stuff is 'free' and designed to encourage people to play more (=higher server numbers, lower wait times, impression of a healthy game, increased likelihood of people spending real money etc.).

Overall though, new ships are a relatively easy way to add 'newness' to the game without having to spend a lot of time trying to come up with something entirely new (like submarines); of course, it won't be as effective as more significant new additions, but it's a tool that WG use...

Players
258 posts
5,384 battles

Every ship that isn't on Premium shop or sold for doubloons is free. ie. if you've got the time and patience

Players
1,538 posts
7,144 battles
5 minutes ago, TheWolfQueen said:

Every ship that isn't on Premium shop or sold for doubloons is free. ie. if you've got the time and patience

Yes, but WG makes money as a part of the players pay for them. You see it from your individual perspective, I try to see it from WG's perspective.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles

WG: we are running out of content, so we have to introduce subs

Also WG: throwing out ships/techtreelines faster than ever

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The content from the last ~1,5 years, we could have filled 3 years easily.

• Cool 8

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,224 battles
59 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There are tons of new ships out in every which way to obtain them. Mainz/Bayard in armory for doubloons, Siegfried in RB, Odin in Dockyard, Agir for FreeXP and in the NA shop., paid only dockyard option to get steel. Is WG desperately needs our money, or what?

Edited the title to avoid a ban.

They are also desperate to demonstrate that russian naval technology was always second to none. That's also the reason the Mikasa is the worse battleship in the game, and can be easily destroyed even by the tier 1 russian cruiser

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,224 battles
16 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Yes, but WG makes money as a part of the players pay for them. You see it from your individual perspective, I try to see it from WG's perspective.

Their perspective is a bit strange. Messed up game changes, and overpowered units that break the game balance, are all things that made other game loose their players.

They do belive to be that special?

If subs hit the random battle, i will not the only one to uninstall the game

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,078 posts
11,116 battles

As per Sub_Octavian himself (ugh) , the game needs content to survive.

Why "content" isn't new operations, game modes, campaigns, special sidegrade modules, etc... is probably without a doubt only because new tech trees = new release events = more lootboxes for "early access" ships.

Game modes can't really be monetized.

Ships? Oh boy you better believe that suits and execs found a way to monetize the release process of a new branch.

• Cool 7

Players
2,900 posts

I'm drained. I hate arguing wit people and I did it so much I've lost my ability to comment here appropriately

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Why ? Summer come, and the hot beach on Creta is more expensive now for the devs, with all that "social distance" involved. Also take in account a big, harsh financial crises is on the way, bigger than the one from 2008, so is the time to squeeze the lemon players base til last drop, before the time runs out.

More loot boxes, more "premium", more nerfs for the old ladies and buffs for the new ones, all to get a bigger chunk of your wallet.

• Cool 3

Players
2,900 posts
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Is there a % here, some statistic on how many of the idk 100k? WOWS captains have actually won the dub lottery?

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Players
794 posts
2,653 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Is WG desperately needs our money, or what?

It's a limited company. Its entire purpose and primary legal obligation is to make a profit for its shareholders.

I'm not convinced it's the best model for making good games, truth be told, but it is the model capitalism has given us.

Players
1,538 posts
7,144 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

I offended @Bumblenit sorry mate, I tried for humor:) I admit it was a poor effort :cap_like:

Too much excitement for today. I'll try out the Donskoi the first time and go to sleep.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,152 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There are tons of new ships out in every which way to obtain them.

I have 149 ships in my port, and I have officially reached "Peak Ship".

I know that I am not valuing the ships I get from the events, not getting into my purchases the the way I used to and enjoying playing five or ten games on the bounce in a single boat. 

I want new game modes, new operations, new maps, rather than new ships, really. If they have to monetise that to make it happen, that's OK, I buy DLC expansions for other games. But the ship thing is getting out of hand.

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Players
794 posts
2,653 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I want new game modes, new operations, new maps, rather than new ships, really. If they have to monetise that to make it happen, that's OK, I buy DLC expansions for other games. But the ship thing is getting out of hand.

Am personally v in favour of subs as a separate, pay-to-access game mode :Smile_hiding: 

Edit: genuinely, WG, if it was set up with different and interesting objectives (attack/defend convoys/naval bases or whatever) and well balanced, I would likely fork out for the variety. Another place to enjoy my DDs if randoms ever get a bit much...

• Cool 3

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,726 battles
6 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Too much excitement for today. I'll try out the Donskoi the first time and go to sleep.

Ouch!! I mean I'm not a fan

Players
3,411 posts
4,931 battles
12 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Since you are new to this game

What makes you think he is new to this game?