17 comments in this topic

Community Contributor
274 posts
18,367 battles

Hello and welcome once again everyone, today's video features the brand new tier 9 super heavy German cruiser Ägir. A nice balance of armor and mobility and armed with 9 305mm guns Ägir packs a very powerful punch. 

Tier 9 super heavy German cruiser Ägir will be available for 1Million Free XP when Update 0.9.5 goes live. This video also features a giveaway for the Ägir so make sure you follow the instructions in the video to enter and good luck to you all.

I hope you enjoy the video and let me know in the comments what you think and until the next time keep sailing it like you stole it o7

I'm uploading content every week to You Tube and you can also find me now on Twitch also under the same name you can find both links here below.

My YouTube Channel link once again is Carbine Carlito You Tube
You can also find me on Carbine Carlito Twitch

•  
  • Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles

Just got my hands on this yesterday, looking forward to seeing what she's like.

• Cool 1

Players
8,169 posts
9,048 battles
19 hours ago, lafeel said:

Quite unimpressive and certainly not something anyone should ever recommend over Alaska, but it holds its own at least against the average T9 cruiser. Don't yolo in and it does well. Concealment is on a level with the Japanese, as is maneuverability and with the armour, if you do stay properly angled, you can tank a lot. Just offensively, the guns are pretty poor. I got it for free exp and I'm basically just going to say, the guns are quite poor, but the ship handling at least is comfortable enough that I can forgive it for a few meme games every so often.

Also, playing it atm pits you against a flood of Donskois that have little clue how to Donskoi.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
9 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

not something anyone should ever recommend over Alaska

To be entirely fair, the only CB one  can reasonably reccomend over Alaska is Kronstadt.

As for the rest, let me get back to you on it once I've played her myself, but the information is appreciated.

Players
8,169 posts
9,048 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

To be entirely fair, the only CB one  can reasonably reccomend over Alaska is Kronstadt.

As for the rest, let me get back to you on it once I've played her myself, but the information is appreciated.

Would not recommend Kronshtadt over Alaska. You can already make convincing cases as to why Azuma or Aegir can outperform Kron, given Kronshtadt's lack of accuracy makes it pretty poor. And sure, you can slap broadsiders at range, but without special bounce angles, against cruisers, every other CB has sufficient pen to do the same, but with better accuracy, while against BBs, it's the one niche the ship has, while if the enemy is angled, you are competing with Aegir and Siegfried in being worst HE spammers, just they struggle with alpha, Kron struggles with hitting decent amounts of shells. Tankiness-wise, Kron is great, but Germans are no slouches either, concealment on the Germans is great and while no radar, they do get torps. 

Kronshtadt is in a league with the other T9 CBs not named Alaska. 

[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,088 battles
On 6/12/2020 at 4:21 AM, lafeel said:

So? Any impressions?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
4 minutes ago, tsounts said:

So? Any impressions?

Not played her yet, don't even have her modules installed yet.

Community Contributor
274 posts
18,367 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Not played her yet, don't even have her modules installed yet.

Well chop chop Sir no time like the present -)

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Adm_Ballsey said:

Well chop chop Sir no time like the present -)

To be fair this is in no small part due to this  being my first week of my summer job.

Do need to get her kitted out (ie upgrades installed) first at least I am sure you'll agree.

• Cool 1

[40-1]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
10,715 battles

From what I have read seems you would not recomend Agir over Azuma?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,562 posts
20,126 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 5:57 AM, tsounts said:

Not enjoying this ship... :(

And I'm having a blast with it. But honestly I can make weird ships dance and sing. Like Perth or Roma.

• Funny 2

Players
3,307 posts

I was told you should play it aggressively, whatever that means.

I have tried to have a couple of games in it but for me it has absolutely nothing going for it, no spotter plane, no radar, in fact no point really, a complete waste of coal, pretty sure thats how I got it.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
9 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I have tried to have a couple of games in it but for me it has absolutely nothing going for it, no spotter plane, no radar, in fact no point really, a complete waste of coal, pretty sure thats how I got it.

I think it's only been for sale in the shop so far for cash?

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
On 7/16/2020 at 1:56 PM, ZygZag said:

From what I have read seems you would not recomend Agir over Azuma?

Azuma is good. But it should be played as a distance flanking cruiser using the module to shoot up to 22+ k. Which it can do with those accurate guns that have good ballistics that not floaty (more like russian cruiser ballistics). It starts fires very well and the HE shells hit hard even they don't start a fire.

But a lot get put off Azuma because of the weak armour. Hence why you should extend the fire range and use it as a distance  flanking cruiser. It's guns are good enough to do it. I recently just got Moskva for coal. The guns on that are much like they are on Azuma, and same play style really due to Moskva also having weak side armour - but Azuma hits harder with those HE shells than Moskva

Azuma and Moskva are very much alike in their play style and both having great guns to use at distance

Players
3,307 posts
11 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

I think it's only been for sale in the shop so far for cash?

Odd that i think i would have remembered paying cash for it, which I don't, oh well got it in mysterious circumstances, I did but the kronstadt and the Alaska way back when , put pretty sure there was the option of coal for this ship.

Still cruiser in general i realty need to figure them out.

Players
8,169 posts
9,048 battles
10 hours ago, MRGTB said:

Azuma is good. But it should be played as a distance flanking cruiser using the module to shoot up to 22+ k. Which it can do with those accurate guns that have good ballistics that not floaty (more like russian cruiser ballistics). It starts fires very well and the HE shells hit hard even they don't start a fire.

But a lot get put off Azuma because of the weak armour. Hence why you should extend the fire range and use it as a distance  flanking cruiser. It's guns are good enough to do it. I recently just got Moskva for coal. The guns on that are much like they are on Azuma, and same play style really due to Moskva also having weak side armour - but Azuma hits harder with those HE shells than Moskva

Azuma and Moskva are very much alike in their play style and both having great guns to use at distance

Moskva has a 50 mm plate, Azuma not. Moskva can angle and mitigate a good bit more damage than Azuma. Moskva has a radar that can be used closer up, Azuma has not. Moskva has dpm, range mod Azuma certainly has not. Generally, what puts people off Azuma is the Yoshino existing at T10 which is basically just the same ship but better and unlike Musashi, Azuma isn't just Yoshino with some AA less, nor is it like Alaska a ship that can actually claim a few strengths over the T10 counterpart.

Generally, I'd recommend not using range mod but reload mod. Azuma has 19 km range stock, which is enough when combined with spotter plane for the situations where you need more range. If you play Azuma at 22 km, you might as well just play Alaska, because at that point you get a tankier ship, with radar and with similar dpm and better fire setting, given Alaska is 100% reload mod and would fire more often than range mod Azuma. Azuma just has to be careful to not get citadelled, though angled it can be hard to citadel the ship, while the large hp pool and fast repair should deal with the frequent pen damage the ship takes. If you have trouble dodging, you can use rdder mod instead of concealment mod and propulsion mod in slot 4. This will allow Azuma to be a pretty solid mid range ship. Just know that you can get the same but better at T10 still.