Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Mainz, Bayard, Viribus Unitis and London are in the armory for doubloons

16 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
911 posts
20,949 battles

Well maybe usefull if you want to buy some low tier ships with your discount voucher and Unused doubloons. So they won’t drop in your Xmas crate:).

Bayard is a bit different,but understandable. It lost its special benefit of better inbuilt he penetration. It used to be inbetween the German HE pen rules (1/4) and the rest (1/6). Now all ships ( except the Germans) have the same penetration as the Bayard at tier 8 so her uniqueness was lost with the latest IFHE change.

But in the end: more ships available through other means then only cash is an improvement.

Players
1,538 posts
7,132 battles

Personally I'd like to have the Viribus Unitis as a cult ship, and also it's related to my home country. I slacked the London grind, I'm not sure if she is interesting to get. I have mixed feelings about the Bayard. Everybody praised it, but when I had the rent and tested it for one battle, we just did not click. This was post IFHE nerf, and I did not have an IFHE captain, so I don't know if it was me or the ship, or we just needed more time together.

• Cool 1

[SWAMP]
Players
345 posts
2,664 battles

The London is a really fine ship.
On paper she looks bad, but with that smoke she becomes very deadly.
After I worked out the kinks and made her playstyle work for me, I can even make her work when uptiered, something most cruisers do very poorly.
Slap on that propulsion mod (she is sluggish) and play her very aggressively in smoke like an up-close CL, even despite her being a CA.
Mind the smoke firing penalty and bail before the smoke is up - your HE alpha takes care of those DDs, your AP is dangerous to cruisers, and she has decent fire chance vs those BBs.

Best of all, she works as a great RN trainer both with a BB and DD captain due to her hybrid'ish playstyle as a "sneaky CA".

Love her! :-)

[ALONE]
Modder
2,173 posts
13,726 battles

Indomitable too. Most hate her, but speed-plane-connoisseurs love her. :cap_cool:

[NMA]
Players
1,257 posts
18,897 battles

I had Bayard when WG had that rent a ship thingy earlier this year and I loved it. Played only a dozen of games but I enjoyed every single one of them. If WOWS were in better state I would probably buy it.

I got London in that grind event but only played couple of games in it. Still managed to average around 100k dmg in those couple of games. I consider it a very strong ship.

Never played VU :Smile_sceptic:

my 2c on ships in question :Smile_honoring:

Players
617 posts

The London is a good T6 Cruiser, I got her in the release event and is the only British Heavy Cruiser I bothered to keep, Apparently Bayard suffered from the IFHE alterations according to some, The VU well, the CV players seem to like it you tend not to see many.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,445 posts
15,746 battles

Hi all,

3 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

New stuff for your hard earned doubloons:

IIRC they were added few days ago... :Smile_hiding:

BTW, I do have 25% "Doubloons" OFF coupon in Armory (coupon will be valid until 23.06.2020.)... most likely I will get the "Virubus Unitis" because I have so many other "Premium" ships already and among other available ships only this one has sentimental value to me (I really don't fancy any other right now except, possibly the infamous "Asashio")... :Smile_coin:

MiAdZWu.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
276 posts
15,878 battles

I was hoping for the AL montpleier. Anyone knows hows the bayard performing with the last IFHE rework? Not sure what to choose, Mainz or Bayard.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,562 posts
20,126 battles
Just now, suppenkaschperl said:

I was hoping for the AL montpleier. Anyone knows hows the bayard performing with the last IFHE rework? Not sure what to choose, Mainz or Bayard.

As a Bayard owner I can say that it took a hit with the rework. Not by much, but now you really feel the loss of the fire chance if you take IFHE.

And MonkaToS will come back with the next AL collab, which should be around the corner.

Players
509 posts
7,731 battles

im thinking about the mainz, as it will probably be one of the best cruisers in t8 ranked

sad i threw away my discount on arizona :c

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,562 posts
20,126 battles
13 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

im thinking about the mainz, as it will probably be one of the best cruisers in t8 ranked

sad i threw away my discount on arizona :c

New coupon will be available in 13 days.

• Cool 1

Players
69 posts
22,986 battles

Hm, did we have that rental Bayard before or after the IFHE rework. I enjoyed her quite a bit. Would be a possible purchase.

Sign in to follow this