Jump to content
Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Purnylla

Thunderer availability

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
261 posts
9,184 battles

When the new discount coupon will be available, I'll have enough coal to buy my very first Tier 10 coal ship. I've been having my on the Salem for a very long time, but rumours in my clan say the Thunderer may soon be removed for coal. No clue if these rumours are true though. I had been planning to buy the Thunderer at a later point, but if it's about to be removed it might be better to buy it now instead of the Salem. 

 

Does anyone have any clue if these rumours have any truth in them? Any clues how long the Thunderer will remain available for coal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,027 posts
12,287 battles
1 minute ago, Purnylla said:

When the new discount coupon will be available, I'll have enough coal to buy my very first Tier 10 coal ship. I've been having my on the Salem for a very long time, but rumours in my clan say the Thunderer may soon be removed for coal. No clue if these rumours are true though. I had been planning to buy the Thunderer at a later point, but if it's about to be removed it might be better to buy it now instead of the Salem. 

 

Does anyone have any clue if these rumours have any truth in them? Any clues how long the Thunderer will remain available for coal?

Rumours lie at least as WG announces removals months in advance - and they did not do until now. 

 

And if you head to your armory - coupons - you can see all dates of coupons. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,210 posts
9,265 battles

I don't think anybody knows for sure. But considering how strong and popular thunderer is, I think it's safe to say that it'll be removed before salem is.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,196 posts
9,087 battles

There's little to no basis for the rumours. If Thunderer would get removed, they'd announce it.

 

Thunderer is a better ship though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,877 posts
9,003 battles

If we look at individual numbers, its possible that it get removed sometime this year?

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

 

Smolensk got pulled really fast, but we have 42k Smolensk on EU server. But we dont know how many there were when WG announced to remove it. I think it definetely rose after that.

Thunderer is at 22k, Salem at 23k. But Salem is available for a much longer period than Thunderer.

Missouri is at 27k, Musashi at 34k. But Missouri got pulled for breaking Economy. So it might be if Thunderer approaches 30k or so, they could plan to remove it?

 

Its entirely speculating on my part ofc, but thats certainly one way of looking at it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,210 posts
9,265 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm still wondering whether or not to get Thunderer, even if only to not let the coupon go to waste.

It's an amazing ship. The HE on it is a monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If we look at individual numbers, its possible that it get removed sometime this year?

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

 

Smolensk got pulled really fast, but we have 42k Smolensk on EU server. But we dont know how many there were when WG announced to remove it. I think it definetely rose after that.

Thunderer is at 22k, Salem at 23k. But Salem is available for a much longer period than Thunderer.

Missouri is at 27k, Musashi at 34k. But Missouri got pulled for breaking Economy. So it might be if Thunderer approaches 30k or so, they could plan to remove it?

 

Its entirely speculating on my part ofc, but thats certainly one way of looking at it.

For some reason I see Alaska as a ship that will get removed rather sooner than later.

Salem and Stalingrad have both been in the armory for a very long time now.

 

EDIT: JB at 41k, seems similar to Smolensk except that JB was way less popular :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

It's an amazing ship. The HE on it is a monster.

The heal seems pretty anemic though. I would have actually preferred the Thunderer as the 100th ship 'reviewed' by LWM :Smile-_tongue:

The really strong heal coupled with a very long cooldown is a type of gameplay that I actually like a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm still wondering whether or not to get Thunderer, even if only to not let the coupon go to waste.

Thunderer is an excellent ship, well worth getting. I also have Georgia, again very good.

 

I have well over 300k coal now and waiting for 2 things, coupon renewal and more importantly any new coal ships that might be brought into the game. (Not Moskva, already have that)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
Just now, TruePhoenix said:

Thunderer is an excellent ship, well worth getting. I also have Georgia, again very good.

 

I have well over 300k coal now and waiting for 2 things, coupon renewal and more importantly any new coal ships that might be brought into the game. (Not Moskva, already have that)  

I'm waiting for to see if we're gonna be getting any new coal ships before the coupon refreshes (still got my coupon), but this seems rather unlikely to me atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,196 posts
9,087 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The heal seems pretty anemic though. I would have actually preferred the Thunderer as the 100th ship 'reviewed' by LWM :Smile-_tongue:

The really strong heal coupled with a very long cooldown is a type of gameplay that I actually like a lot.

It's a solid heal still though. Yes, not super heal, but when you heal 20% more than a normal heal would, with only 3/4 of the CD and able to repair up to 20% more pen damage and over 3 times the citadel damage, it's certainly not "anemic". Nor is the survivability of the ship, given you have topkek rudder shift and concealment to help you get away if you ever get focused. Just don't yolo in.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,017 posts
7,722 battles
15 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm waiting for to see if we're gonna be getting any new coal ships before the coupon refreshes (still got my coupon), but this seems rather unlikely to me atm.

...waiting for coal Russsian totally-not-OP-broken-ship (but I have Moskva) :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,877 posts
9,003 battles
24 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

For some reason I see Alaska as a ship that will get removed rather sooner than later.

Salem and Stalingrad have both been in the armory for a very long time now.

 

EDIT: JB at 41k, seems similar to Smolensk except that JB was way less popular :Smile-_tongue:

 

Ive been wondering about those myself, but i think it might be because those got sold for money aswell. They might differentiate between coal/freeXP and cash.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SV]
Players
880 posts
12,301 battles

its not only about how many ships that are owned but also how often they are played. smolensk was in evry game somtime 2-3 of them jean bart also very popular see it allot in battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRID]
Players
249 posts
5,064 battles

Missed my chance to get the JB, hopefully it's not lost to loot crates forever more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SV]
Players
880 posts
12,301 battles
9 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Missed my chance to get the JB, hopefully it's not lost to loot crates forever more

oh but it probably is !!! muahaha just as kron mush miss and benham!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRID]
Players
249 posts
5,064 battles
8 minutes ago, albin322 said:

oh but it probably is !!! muahaha just as kron mush miss and benham!

 

I have all but the Benham from the list you gave. If that is the case...que sera, sera...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,089 posts
2 hours ago, domen3 said:

It's an amazing ship. The HE on it is a monster.

AP is strong too.

Its the accuracy that makes this ship strong.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
2 hours ago, albin322 said:

its not only about how many ships that are owned but also how often they are played. smolensk was in evry game somtime 2-3 of them jean bart also very popular see it allot in battles.

But Stalingrad is in virtually every clan battle for several years now and not removed and Flint and Black and especially Neustrashimy were actually removed because of being too unpopular or something(?) while Salem is still there :Smile-_tongue:

Those Smolensks were becoming a bit ridiculous indeed, so glad to see it go.

JB was indeed often sighted, but tbf, quite regularly the only tier 9 BBs in any given match are the premium ones with perhaps only 1 tech tree ship or so included.

 

I was kinda sad to see JB go though, mostly because my friends were unable to get one before she was gone (they didn't have enough time to get the coal needed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

oh but it probably is !!! muahaha just as kron mush miss and benham!

JB smol kron mush miss benham all residing in my port! :cap_cool:

 

:Smile-_tongue:

 

:Smile_hiding:Smile_harp.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,109 posts
12,067 battles

As a dedicated collector I almost have them all ... except the steelships (>no ranked, no CW)

 

For me personally Thunderer was my best acquisition ever by a far margin. Enjoy it more than Smolensk or Colbert or whatever is around.

Of course if someone is fond of the capfighter playstyle, Salem is a good choice, but overall Thunderer beats them all.

 

I would recommend Thunderer over Salem every day and get it first, of course.

 

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,321 posts
14,524 battles
5 hours ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

WG announces removals months in advance

 

Enterprise was pulled overnight. 

Other than that, it has always been announced. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,027 posts
12,287 battles
9 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

Enterprise was pulled overnight. 

Other than that, it has always been announced. 

Yes you're right, but that's a buyable Premium and availability of them differ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×