Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Summer sale: asking a favour

10 comments in this topic

Players
1,031 posts
11,886 battles

Hi all,

Last year we had a bit of a fiasco in the summer sales. Nothing good, except for steam players. 

Steam players could get 8eu haida+5k doubloon bundles and stuff like that, best we had was random premium containers for 80% the prize of a regular premium. 

What id like to ask:

- Honest, comparable offers between the two. I dont care if you give us only three offers and steam ten, but give us the same quality

- A long due compensation offer for last years sale. You said you'd make it up- never have seen anything like that. 

Please make it a good summer sale :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[ANV]
Players
550 posts
4,696 battles

Nice user name: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve. 

• Funny 4

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
10 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Nice user name: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve. 

Would be better if he'd spelled Isoroku correctly though.

As for the opening post, time will tell, one way or the other..

Players
958 posts
13,770 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Hi all,

Last year we had a bit of a fiasco in the summer sales. Nothing good, except for steam players. 

Steam players could get 8eu haida+5k doubloon bundles and stuff like that, best we had was random premium containers for 80% the prize of a regular premium. 

What id like to ask:

- Honest, comparable offers between the two. I dont care if you give us only three offers and steam ten, but give us the same quality

- A long due compensation offer for last years sale. You said you'd make it up- never have seen anything like that. 

Please make it a good summer sale :etc_hide_turtle:

I don't think you really want to be treated the same as the majority of Steam users. Accessing a Valve-wide promotion is the only perk, and it's not a freebie.

Let's just say that without the ability to register their Steam-created accounts with an e-mail address excludes those users from a lot of free content we all take for granted.

[-LA-]
Players
678 posts
5,096 battles
37 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

I don't think you really want to be treated the same as the majority of Steam users. Accessing a Valve-wide promotion is the only perk, and it's not a freebie.

Let's just say that without the ability to register their Steam-created accounts with an e-mail address excludes those users from a lot of free content we all take for granted.

my email is registered as s team user , i get coupons can use the website shop and get the normal offers and events i see in the news and stuff, what out of interest are we missing?

Players
958 posts
13,770 battles
3 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

my email is registered as s team user , i get coupons can use the website shop and get the normal offers and events i see in the news and stuff, what out of interest are we missing?

As i said, the majority cannot.

[-LA-]
Players
678 posts
5,096 battles
2 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

As i said, the majority cannot.

oo i see , i misunderstood thought i was issing something nm me then! ;)

Players
1,031 posts
11,886 battles
8 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

Exactly how much does registering an email bring me then? 

20 tokens in the soviet cruiser event, three signals, 0% chances to win mediocre prizes etc? What offers are the steam-only users missing out on?

Players
958 posts
13,770 battles
2 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Exactly how much does registering an email bring me then? 

20 tokens in the soviet cruiser event, three signals, 0% chances to win mediocre prizes etc? What offers are the steam-only users missing out on?

No registered e-mail address means:

• Unable to access the recruitment station. No 14 days Premium for new accounts, no Diana, No Warspite.
  • Unable to recruit new players. No Recruitment containers.
  • Unable to link WG account to Twitch. No Twitch missions, no Twitch drops.
  • Unable to redeem bonus codes.
  • Unable to access Portal content. No special missions (which are generally opt-in)
  • Unable to access WG store. So unable to access majority of Premium ships, and would be excluded from special sales.

It isn't all Steam users, but WG confirmed the majority were affected because of local restrictions relative to where they live.

• Cool 1

Players
1,031 posts
11,886 battles
15 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

No registered e-mail address means:

• Unable to access the recruitment station. No 14 days Premium for new accounts, no Diana, No Warspite.
  • Unable to recruit new players. No Recruitment containers.
  • Unable to link WG account to Twitch. No Twitch missions, no Twitch drops.
  • Unable to redeem bonus codes.
  • Unable to access Portal content. No special missions (which are generally opt-in)
  • Unable to access WG store. So unable to access majority of Premium ships, and would be excluded from special sales.

It isn't all Steam users, but WG confirmed the majority were affected because of local restrictions relative to where they live.

Recruitment is minor IMO, for long term players recruitment offers little to no benefits. 
Twitch is a clear though minor drawback. Couple credits and signals. 
Bonus codes are now virtually extinct, WG stopped using them anyway- except for the really small things like 5 signals or 1 day of premium. 
Special opt in missions can now generally be opted into in game i believe. Also, these missions are again generally crap. 
The WG store is a clear drawback due to the ships that cannot be bought, however virtually all ships are now for sale in the armory. Point me 5 that are not for sale in the armory and i'll give you a point on this one. 
The special sales in the store sound nice, except we don't Have special sales in the store. There is nothing spectacular ever going on in the WG store, whereas steam gets 90% off bundles (of total bundle value 50eu+)

Grtz I_Y

Sign in to follow this