Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
neutein

Selling steel for doubloons?

12 comments in this topic

[HARF]
Players
1 post
7,331 battles

I am reading this correct or... 

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles

Yes, thats basicly what it means. They needed some way to justify a pricetag of almost 30k for a T8 BB, which normaly costs like 1/3rd of that :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[SKRUB]
Players
550 posts
21,193 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes, thats basicly what it means. They needed some way to justify a pricetag of almost 30k for a T8 BB, which normaly costs like 1/3rd of that

This bundle is not require in order to get Odin for "free" and if you complete most of the mission, the final price tag for a T8 is not very high.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,583 posts
13,872 battles

It's not the first time WG have done vaguely this sort of thing either: there was the pay real money for steel mission thing a couple of winters ago...

• Cool 1

Players
603 posts
25 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It's not the first time WG have done vaguely this sort of thing either: there was the pay real money for steel mission thing a couple of winters ago...

1471871842_SteelMonstersand500fromPEFcampaign.thumb.jpg.9d3f1ebe74e31f720e69b73d8177e8fe.jpg

Steel Monsters mission chain and you got 500 steel for PEF directives.

IIRC Steel Monster mission was something like 35€?

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,655 posts
43 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Perhaps we can now get Rank 1 from Premium Shop as well, I'd like the Jolly Roger and all the other goodies.. along with that prestigious Rank 1 star for the team roster! :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

There's been at least 4 other events, sales etc which gave Steel away for real world cash but the amount has always been fairly small compared to the amount needed for a Steel Ship. The 2018 Steel Xmas campaign gave the most and, combined with getting steel for Snowflakes for 2018 and all the other steel events you could do in 2017-2018 I managed to get the Flint (11600 steel).

Since then I've slowly gone from 0 back to 8k steel with 2019 dockyard etc and this new 2020 dockyard would make 12500-ish and the cheapest ship is 25k steel for the Somers which would take another 3+ years to get at my current rate.

• Funny 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,255 battles

Ain't the first time. We already had steel for money. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,901 posts
10,577 battles
13 hours ago, neutein said:

I am reading this correct

yep.... not the first time, will not be the last thats for sure. 

I even expect the resources like steel and coal to be sold for pure money in the premium shop in the future.. 

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,655 posts
11 hours ago, IanH755 said:

There's been at least 4 other events, sales etc which gave Steel away for real world cash but the amount has always been fairly small compared to the amount needed for a Steel Ship. The 2018 Steel Xmas campaign gave the most and, combined with getting steel for Snowflakes for 2018 and all the other steel events you could do in 2017-2018 I managed to get the Flint (11600 steel).

Since then I've slowly gone from 0 back to 8k steel with 2019 dockyard etc and this new 2020 dockyard would make 12500-ish and the cheapest ship is 25k steel for the Somers which would take another 3+ years to get at my current rate.

:cap_hmm:

2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

yep.... not the first time, will not be the last thats for sure. 

I even expect the resources like steel and coal to be sold for pure money in the premium shop in the future.. 

:cap_money:

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

I went back and worked out how much steel I got in 2018 purely as a whale/grinding and NOT playing any clan stuff -

Paid IRL money for Steel Monsters Campaign - 4000 Steel

Bought P.E.F Ship to complete Directive - 2019 Steel

Grinded F2P directives - 2019 Steel

2018 Snowflakes - 50 steel per T9 Tech Tree ship, 100 for each T10 Tech tree ship and 200 steel for each T8-10 Premium ship - Approx 5000 steel (can't be exact, no idea which ships I had back then compared to now).

Total Approx 13000 steel - then bought Flint 11600 - left with approx 1400 steel.

I'm now on 8k steel so in 2019 I've added approx 6500 steel though Dockyard, events, SC's etc so I'd need approx 3 years at 6.5 steel per year (+ the 8k I have now) to get 25k Steel for the cheapest Steel ship. I believe that we will be given the opportunity to collect Steel in the daily containers instead of coal in an upcoming patch which would speed things up a little, almost halving the time taken down to 1.5 years.

Players
576 posts
3,102 battles
15 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes, thats basicly what it means. They needed some way to justify a pricetag of almost 30k for a T8 BB, which normaly costs like 1/3rd of that :cap_fainting:

Funny enough I bought some of the boosters for PR over xmas to ensure I got her and then the universe in karmic revenge upon me decided that I should never play her ROFL..

Sign in to follow this