Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cammo1962

Kirov and Moskva

219 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles

Hi @MrConway, @Crysantos and @Sehales have a question is it true if you have Kirov and Moskva before pacth 0.9.5 and you dont sell them will they then be removed without compensasions of credits and your the same with upgrades and Legendary Upgrade after patch 0.9.5 ??

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, Cammo1962 said:

Hi @MrConway, @Crysantos and @Sehales have a question is it true if you have Kirov and Moskva before pacth 0.9.5 and you dont sell them will they then be removed without compensasions of credits and your the same with upgrades and Legendary Upgrade after patch 0.9.5 ??

Geez...

No, they will not be removed!! As explained billion times already in numerous articles and topics, you will keep them as premium/special ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
15 hours ago, Greyshark said:

Geez...

No, they will not be removed!! As explained billion times already in numerous articles and topics, you will keep them as premium/special ships.

What i mean is they will be removed without compansasion after patch 0.9.5 from the normal tech tree and replaced as special and prem-ship and thats what i have heard

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,900 posts
9,003 battles
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

What i mean is they will be removed witout compansasion after patch 0.9.5 from the normal tech tree and replaced as special and prem-ship and thats what i have heard

 

You dont lose anything, so why you need compensation :cap_hmm:

You get to keep them as premium/special ship IF you ever owned or had them researched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

What i mean is they will be removed witout compansasion after patch 0.9.5 from the normal tech tree and replaced as special and prem-ship and thats what i have heard

Yes. So you will keep the same ships, just they are getting better. Why should you receive any compensation for that? Do you really think that WG should compensate you for giving you free premium ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
7 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Yes. So you will keep the same ships, just they are getting better. Why should you receive any compensation for that?

Well they have stated that they will remove them and up on till now people have been lead to belive that they would be compensated when it got removed as a normal tech tree ship and they would get it as a special ship. Personally i dont care because i have enough credits to get the new heavy cruiser, but i know others that dont have enough to get when it comes out

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

Well they have stated that they will remove it and up on till now people have been lead to belive that they would be compensated

Where did they mention any compensation?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
1 minute ago, Greyshark said:

Where did they mention any compensation?

Look at what i wrote at the end of what you have just quoted me for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
1 minute ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Sometimes WG's communication lacks clarity.

True and they have not been clear about that from the start

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

Look at what i wrote at the end of what you have just quoted me for.

Yes, that people don't have credits. I got it. I'm more interested, based on what you have been lead to belive you will get any compensation for getting free premium ship?

 

Just now, Cammo1962 said:

True and they have not been clear about that from the start

It was very clear from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,900 posts
9,003 battles
1 minute ago, Cammo1962 said:

Look at what i wrote at the end of what you have just quoted me for.

 

Everyone gets to keep their moskva, so thats pretty much irrelevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,632 posts
13,918 battles
2 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well they have stated that they will remove them and up on till now people have been lead to belive that they would be compensated when it got removed as a normal tech tree ship and they would get it as a special ship.

I'm puzzled: why would the mechanic you're describing call for compensation? I'm a big fan of free stuff, but as far as I can see:

  1. Existing T5 and T10 silver ships turn into premium/semi-premium versions, with all the advantages that entails. You don't (apparently) even need to have them in your port; you just need to have researched them at some point, so avoiding annoying anyone who is the middle of an RB reset.
  2. The only people who are losing anything are the folk who bought a permaflage for Moskva i.e. they no longer have a permaflage for a T10 silver ship (but that discussion has been done to death, multiple times, elsewhere).
  3. Once everything is done and dusted, everyone who had the Russian cruiser line researched to T10 is - ignoring the permaflage business - effectively up two premiums, and down two silver ships i.e. ahead of the game.

There absolutely should have been either compensation or (more reasonable) a replacement silver permaflage for one or other or both new silver T10s for anyone who had permaflage on their Moskva (not me), but apart from that, the exchange seems to be fair. After that, we just have to decide if we want the new T5 and T10 enough to research them, exactly the same as any other silver ships we don't have.

 

I'll absolutely put the boot into WG when they deserve it (and gods knows, that's far too often), but - apart from the permaflage thing - this isn't one of those times. Strictly IMO, of course.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
2 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Yes, that people don't have credits. I got it. I'm more interested, based on what you have been lead to belive you will get any compensation for getting free premium ship?

 

It was very clear from the start.

No they were not and i know several that thought that they would be compensated

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,059 posts
6,260 battles

I took my decison only 2 days ago.  I was deeming a screwy move. Paranoïa saves lives in Workers Heaven.

But i never considered deserving a compensation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,333 battles

 

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Everyone gets to keep their moskva, so thats pretty much irrelevant?

The question is if you have the ship in port or not.

Everybody who has unlocked them will get them but those of us who have them in port won't get any compensation for buying them.

Or in another way: If you haven't bought them, you will get them for free, if you have bought them, then you paid for them. So some have paid for them, others haven't = some get them for free, others don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

No they were not and i know several that thought that they would be compensated

Here is the start of this, the first post:

 

Again: which part of it have lead you to belive you will get any compensation?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,632 posts
13,918 battles
1 minute ago, Cammo1962 said:

i know several that thought that they would be compensated

The basic nuts and bolts of all this has been communicated reasonably well, if one read the various news items; the "what if I..." edge cases may have called for some clarification, but that's about it...

 

The people who will have a 'WTF' moment on Thursday morning are those who don't read news stories...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
361 posts
16,983 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm puzzled: why would the mechanic you're describing call for compensation? I'm a big fan of free stuff, but as far as I can see:

  1. Existing T5 and T10 silver ships turn into premium/semi-premium versions, with all the advantages that entails. You don't (apparently) even need to have them in your port; you just need to have researched them at some point, so avoiding annoying anyone who is the middle of an RB reset.
  2. The only people who are losing anything are the folk who bought a permaflage for Moskva i.e. they no longer have a permaflage for a T10 silver ship (but that discussion has been done to death, multiple times, elsewhere).
  3. Once everything is done and dusted, everyone who had the Russian cruiser line researched to T10 is - ignoring the permaflage business - effectively up two premiums, and down two silver ships i.e. ahead of the game.

There absolutely should have been either compensation or (more reasonable) a replacement silver permaflage for one or other or both new silver T10s for anyone who had permaflage on their Moskva (not me), but apart from that, the exchange seems to be fair. After that, we just have to decide if we want the new T5 and T10 enough to research them, exactly the same as any other silver ships we don't have.

 

I'll absolutely put the boot into WG when they deserve it (and gods knows, that's far too often), but - apart from the permaflage thing - this isn't one of those times. Strictly IMO, of course.

Well thats why i am asking them to get more clarity about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,900 posts
9,003 battles
Just now, Hanse77SWE said:

 

The question is if you have the ship in port or not.

Everybody who has unlocked them will get them but those of us who have them in port won't get any compensation for buying them.

Or in another way: If you haven't bought them, you will get them for free, if you have bought them, then you paid for them. So some have paid for them, others haven't = some get them for free, others don't. 

 

You can always sell it :cap_cool:

But you should demount the modules otherwise you wont get that much out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,632 posts
13,918 battles
2 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

more clarity

Does this not do the job:

 

image.thumb.png.deb065d5e13f6911b51c62be51f82ba2.png

 

(From the current patch notes)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,333 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

 

You can always sell it :cap_cool:

But you should demount the modules otherwise you wont get that much out of it.

I will. I will also demount some of the more expensive upgrades but I will still lose about 10M credits on it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,900 posts
9,003 battles
Just now, Hanse77SWE said:

I will. I will also demount some of the more expensive upgrades but I will still lose about 10M credits on it.

 

Did you play with it? Then i wouldnt say its "lost" credits as you got something out of it.

I did the mistake to freeXP/buy the Moskva like 1 weak before they announced that we dont need to own it, researched would be enough. But its only credits, i dont need those. So for me, not a big deal. I probably wont even sell it because why bother?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×