0.9.5 - Armory Update

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,216 posts
4,347 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_095_armory_1200x240.jpg

Commanders

• The interface has been revamped. Navigating between sections will now be easier and more convenient.
  • Added the possibility to preview ships and camouflages in the Port before purchasing.

The details of these changes will be published in a dedicated article.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Armory_EN_1_1920x1080.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Armory_EN_4_1920x1080.jpg

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
18 posts
20,980 battles

Here i was in my innocence thinking that the armory would become simpler and easier to use. What a mess!

Mixed coal, steel, doublons ships all together.

Icons that you need to click on them to see what is inside.

That tab-page of Soviet Crusiers is really ugly and disorganised.

I was expecting more.
I'm not saying that it is worse than has it was before, but it certainly is not better.

ps: I did enjoy alot the new ripped bonus coupons effect. Really nice.

• Cool 7

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles

New interface will take some time getting used to, but I've noticed one can't check armor plating thickness during ship preview

Players
1,610 posts
3,231 battles

For me the ship section is extremely laggy. The other section are somewhat fine, just the ship one lags a lot when scrolling.

• Cool 2

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
18 posts
20,980 battles

I play wows for a while and can navigate them with what ever changes are made.

They are not a improvement, specially for new players.

I usualy I help alot new players, and this new menus are not helping.

Since we have new ones, I was expecting a better work.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Not a fan of it. You replaced speaking titles, informing about the content, with more or less random icons.

If a player doesn't know how a research point looks like, how would he know that the RB is behind that icon?

Yeah, I know. The age of the emojies. Everything is getting replaced by symbols. Sometimes I wonder how long it will take until we are no longer tought the alphabet in school.

I'm probably getting old. But sometimes the old actually works better.

• Cool 10

[SWN]
Players
59 posts
7,416 battles

Leave it  up to WG to "improve" things. Lol, what a chaotic mess of a fucked up UI for Armory/Missions.. 

• Cool 1

WG Staff
1,266 posts
751 battles
3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Different, I kind of like it but it is laggy

Hi Captain, 
Thank you for your feedback. I also like the new layout of the Armory. For the lags try to use the "Repair" function of the Client. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,409 posts
16,624 battles
7 hours ago, Peffers said:

won't load 

I get exatly the same problem The scren has been sitting there for over 10 minutes now, looking like this

image.png.8962d12d47c7587a4dd7e9155a5f3063.png

also task manager shows

image.thumb.png.894bbdc25377505adc5b1114b1873572.png

[LUSOS]
Players
325 posts
18,476 battles
10 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 
Thank you for your feedback. I also like the new layout of the Armory. For the lags try to use the "Repair" function of the Client. 

User says "I dont like it". not a word
User says "I like it" - swift response.

Is this the same method used to all those queries I've answered after all the PTS I've played?
No worries, I already know the formated answer ;)

• Funny 3

Players
88 posts

Well I have to say. On paper Upgrade to Armory interface looks nice, but when you dive deeper it's pleasing to the eye chaos. Sorry but my degree in ergonomics and OCD is very much triggered now. :D I understand why changes were made, but change for the sake of change is never a good thing. I have to say, situation is very similar to DeviantArt when on 20th of May they enforced abomination known as Eclipse on all users which reduced portal usefulness by like 90%. As a result 1000s of people just said FO and left. OK, changes to the Armory aren't really that bad, but you dismantled old system which was logical to navigate and find stuff and replaced it with something more convoluted than it has to be.

1. Separate categories like they were before. Lumping all ships together instead sticking with separation doubloons/resources categories is not well thought out. Yes there is filter above, but you actually have to filter something that was separated on its own before. So that's moving backwards not forward. Just one icon more.

2. Lumping all signals/camos/upgrades and can't remember 4th thing ;) into one is also very cumbersome. Again return to separate categories for each and problem will be solved instead clicking tabs above.

3. When we talk about filters. Make filters permanent. For example: I want only to see historical Commanders in Armory. I can pick a filter, but Armory doesn't remember setting when I come back after 3 seconds. Make filter permanent like the in Ships Carousel. 

4. Remove Premium Shop icon on the bottom or remove Premium Shop Tab from port view. One place is sufficient.

5. Event tab (Soviet Cruisers). Why have you decided to create drop down tab list for each stage (bundle) and display huge image on the right is beyond me. So much wasted space. In previous iteration whole contents of this particular tab were clearly visible on one screen (1440p) without clicking. Now its click fest. And I can't imagine how guys on really low res monitors deal with it. 

In summation changes are OKish. Positive on balance, but very convoluted as a whole. Return separation of categories (that's 4 icons more) and it'll be nice. Oh and of course streamline Event Tab. Return to horizontal tabs without gargantuan bundle preview on the right - not needed. 

And one little thing, getting the impression that Armory getting slower each day after the upgrade. Maybe server or general load, or perhaps cache game getting stuffed with junk. Will see after next week or two.

But what I LIKE most - and I'm sure I'm not the only one - I don't have to use magnifier glass trying to decipher if I have to do 250 000, 2 500 000 or 25 000 000 credits. So many years of waiting and finally it here! :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
122 posts
8,977 battles

Looks like garbage, performs like garbage, less useful than garbage...good job.

• Cool 3

[F-E-O]
Players
73 posts
17,211 battles

Armory looks pretty well. Missions tab needs little changes to be more clear ie: I can not see what legendary upgrades provide, I can only see a small description. The dockyards freezes a lot, I hope you can fix it soon in a patch.

In general I like it very much.

[RONIN]
Players
100 posts
13,872 battles

too much eye candy now load very slow and complete mess. wasnt it supposed to be clearer.

• Cool 4

Players
733 posts
On 6/13/2020 at 10:59 AM, AsariValkyrieSentinel said:

But what I LIKE most - and I'm sure I'm not the only one - I don't have to use magnifier glass trying to decipher if I have to do 250 000, 2 500 000 or 25 000 000 credits. So many years of waiting and finally it here! :cap_like:

This is a genuine improvement, although apparently WG were on record before as not wanting to include such a measure because it would need localisation for every country that used a different system. Glad to see they've let go of that crutch!

Not sure why the Armoury needed reskinning to be honest, the previous one was fine and actually looked a little more inviting to my view (not really a fan of the drab grey-black colour scheme in the new UI elements); the worst part is how ridiculously slow the Ships tab is to load now. And the worst part of that is the fact that the ships' names load last, for some unaccountable reason (the price is already there in text, the pictures load in, just no names)...

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,344 posts
8,153 battles

The New Armory looks pretty Nice.

I like the Design even tough its something I need to get Used to First.

Unfortunately I really have to say that Adapting the New Design for the Premium Store wasnt a Good Decision. I constantly have the Feeling its Bugged and Forgot to Load Textures.

This Borderless Window Design somehow just doesnt go well with the Design of the Premium Shop and somehow looks Confusing because there is so many small Extra Infos Displayed in each Window which then isnt a Window and thus looks like its Text Packs in the middle of Blue Nowhere....

In the Armory there is still Windows used. Which is why its looking much Better and much more Organized than the current Premium Store.

Players
1,597 posts
11,588 battles
On 6/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, wot_2016_gunner said:

For me the ship section is extremely laggy. The other section are somewhat fine, just the ship one lags a lot when scrolling.

This. It is rediculous how slow it scrolls. But it also takes 3-4 tries until it loads completely and the ship names stop being spinning circle things. The ship section is much much worse than before and it was already trash. But on the bright side, this is where we would spend resources and doubloons…

Also icons are nice and fine, but some text to not play the guessing game would be nice as well. Also absolutely annoying are the 4000 popups to tell me where what is. I know what doubloons are and how to spend them, i don't need a popup sitting there forever until i close it. Same goes for filters, the wallet, literally every other petty thing on the screen. It is very noticable that you -probably rightfully so- think that your customers are not very bright and can figure out this stuff on their own but need a persistent popup.

Players
70 posts
23,012 battles

Yeah, it is slow - can't see an advantage over the old interface.

At least every menu point is working. That is UNTIL I click on ships. There are so many that it loads and loads and loads - but never finishes. Only way out is the escape key. Maybe a bunch of submenues would help there.

WG Staff
1,266 posts
751 battles
16 hours ago, USNavy_12 said:

Yeah, it is slow - can't see an advantage over the old interface.

At least every menu point is working. That is UNTIL I click on ships. There are so many that it loads and loads and loads - but never finishes. Only way out is the escape key. Maybe a bunch of submenues would help there.

Hi Captain,

Thank you for your feedback. The new UI for the Armory just landed with the \Update 0.9.5, some features could still need some optimization. Some lags could depend also on the internet connection though. I would still suggest trying to repair the client and see If that helps. Also, as can access the Armory via browser if you want. 😊

Sign in to follow this