Sign in to follow this  
Larky2k

US BB Line upto New Mexico (have not unlocked beyond) Hitboxes messed up.

6 comments in this topic

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

The Hit boxes of the US Battleships are messed up. Hits landing in different post codes register as hits, Shots landing around me none hitting half my health goes and shots landing a good ships length away Criticals everything on the US Battleships. It feels you just fire in that general direction doesn't matter where it lands it hits the ship even if on your screen none hit.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

It's less of a hitbox issue and more of a server-lagg issue, sometimes ships are actually a good ships length ahead of their shown locations. This is most noticeable when they fire, as their shells appear infront of the ship. So what might look like a clean hit on the bridge of a ship, might actually be a hit to their stern/ rudder section.

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

Well my hits were to my sides. so on my screen it looked like they fell short.

Beta Tester
95 posts
4,111 battles

It's less of a hitbox issue and more of a server-lagg issue, sometimes ships are actually a good ships length ahead of their shown locations. This is most noticeable when they fire, as their shells appear infront of the ship. So what might look like a clean hit on the bridge of a ship, might actually be a hit to their stern/ rudder section.

So should you then aim in front of the ship if you see him firing from there regularly, or at the model itself?

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

So should you then aim in front of the ship if you see him firing from there regularly, or at the model itself?

If you see the shells firing from infront of the ship, then lead ~ 3/4 ships length ahead of the ship (compared to your normal lead for the target), and it should allow you to hit. Otherwise just assume there's no server lagg and aim to the model itself.

Sign in to follow this