Sign in to follow this  
YabbaCoe

0.9.5 - Dockyard

48 comments in this topic

Players
6,338 posts
12,356 battles

I am not making this up!

Last night I spoke a friend of mine who also plays WoWS and I had already noticed he had barely played last week.

Then he proceded to tell me it was because of the dockyard and how he hated the grind in its last iteration and he was not gonna do this one because (and I am merely relaying his message here) the last iteration gave him PTSD. He was very reserved when it came to wanting to commit to this grind, even if it's not as bad as the previous one.

17 hours ago, GameDeveloper said:

Why has there not been a patch to fix the dockyard  loading screen issue? You know it is present, and have a fix that the consumer has to apply? Wtf is wrong with you?

There was a fix, downloadable from somewhere.

But tbf I'm quite surprised this wasn't fixed with a micropatch as this bug is quite frustrating :Smile-angry:and won't help getting the Dockyard feature out of its negative light:Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
51 posts
15,109 battles

Gents,

Am I missing something with the PE Fred mission in the second directive? This morning I've now cleared the 1100 base XP using that ship in two battles (a win and a defeat but there's no win requirement shown), and it doesn't register. Screenies available if required.

Gary

Players
4,046 posts
2 hours ago, Gary1701 said:

Gents,

Am I missing something with the PE Fred mission in the second directive? This morning I've now cleared the 1100 base XP using that ship in two battles (a win and a defeat but there's no win requirement shown), and it doesn't register. Screenies available if required.

Gary

Was it actual base XP or total XP?

Please show some screenshots so we can help. Base XP is listed in the team tab.

Beta Tester
51 posts
15,109 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Was it actual base XP or total XP?

Please show some screenshots so we can help. Base XP is listed in the team tab.

Hi,

That's the first thing that occurred to me as well. I'm quite prepared to admit I'm missing something obvious here - wouldn't be the first time - but I don't see it. Right ship, criteria met as far as I can tell, I'm hardly a novice at the game after all.

Here's the relevant details from the first game, second was a defeat but also cleared the 1100 base XP requirement - just. Mission still shows not completed.

Screenshot-830.jpg

Screenshot-829.jpg

has anybody actually done the mission?

Sod it: scrub everything above, just realised - base, isn't premium! Apologies.

Gary 

Gary

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,399 posts
1 minute ago, Gary1701 said:

Here's the relevant details from the first game,

and you had only 962 BaseXP...

• Funny 1

Players
4,046 posts
30 minutes ago, Gary1701 said:

Hi,

That's the first thing that occurred to me as well. I'm quite prepared to admit I'm missing something obvious here - wouldn't be the first time - but I don't see it. Right ship, criteria met as far as I can tell, I'm hardly a novice at the game after all.

Here's the relevant details from the first game, second was a defeat but also cleared the 1100 base XP requirement - just. Mission still shows not completed.

Spoiler

Screenshot-830.jpg

Screenshot-829.jpg

Sod it: shrub everything above, just realised - base, isn't premium! Apologies.

Gary

You only had 962 base XP. Like I said: It's the value in the Team Score tab.

No premium time, no signals, no camos, no first victory bonus or whatever else count. Each of those is a modifier.

And as far as it matters:

Apology accepted. We all make mistakes.

[BMD]
Players
619 posts
18,958 battles
7 hours ago, Gary1701 said:

Hi,

Screenshot-830.jpg

Screenshot-829.jpg

Sod it: scrub everything above, just realised - base, isn't premium! Apologies.

Gary 

Gary

What you are showing there is the XP you have earned not base XP and you must have a screenshot of your team score because that shows your base XP :Smile_Default:

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles

Ah, I just realized that I cannot complete even the first directive with a single class of ship (DDs in my case). Nice one WG once again ... This has been the case for the last 4 major events IIRC.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles
6 hours ago, Cammo1962 said:

@MrConway or @Crysantos unless you spend 35.000 doubloons and you dont have the P.E.F this mission is impossible to finish so this must be a mistake

2020-06-17.png

That's a dual criteria mission, you can do the first condition in any ship in Ranked or Random ...

WG Staff
3,485 posts
15,539 battles
9 hours ago, Cammo1962 said:

@MrConway or @Crysantos unless you spend 35.000 doubloons and you dont have the P.E.F this mission is impossible to finish so this must be a mistake

2020-06-17.png

No it's not, because you can still run this mission at the end of the event. The directives don't close once you finished the minimum amount of tasks - so no worries :)

3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Ah, I just realized that I cannot complete even the first directive with a single class of ship (DDs in my case). Nice one WG once again ... This has been the case for the last 4 major events IIRC.

Yes we want to encourage diversity in gameplay, not make everything doable in one class. You're playing this to get a cruiser and potentially a discount on a BB, right?

Greetings, Crysantos

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

No it's not, because you can still run this mission at the end of the event. The directives don't close once you finished the minimum amount of tasks - so no worries :)

Yes we want to encourage diversity in gameplay, not make everything doable in one class. You're playing this to get a cruiser and potentially a discount on a BB, right?

Greetings, Crysantos

I am playing this to get a historical ship for the collection. I have the Bismarck for that same reason and not played it much ...

That I want to get the ship does not mean I will play it.

Diversity ? And you are saying that after quoting a screen for missions for SPECIFIC SHIPS in there ??? Do you have no shame ?

• Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,399 posts
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

And you are saying that after quoting a screen for missions for SPECIFIC SHIPS in there ???

it is an "or" mission, the alternative mission is not ship/class restricted...

and btw as far as I can see only 3 of 12 missions are not for DDs (6,7 and 9), so even a DD only player should be able to do the first directive...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles
On 6/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, Klopirat said:

and btw as far as I can see only 3 of 12 missions are not for DDs (6,7 and 9), so even a DD only player should be able to do the first directive...

In the first directive, my options are:

180k damage in one game

14 torp hits in one game (6 torps hits for T-61)

10 citadels in one game (in a DD, yeah) ...

The 350k spoting or 1600 main batter hits is fine ... but that is 6th out of 7 ... EDIT: oh that one is limited to only 4 nations out of 7 that have DDs, so class limit AND nation limit and split per branch ...

So the one remaining is not exactly easy and if I play as a DD an not as a "screw you team, I want that mission" I will not complete that ... at least not in any easy way ...

Compared to a cruiser or BB, the 180k or 10 cit ones are much easier in those ....

WG Staff
3,485 posts
15,539 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I am playing this to get a historical ship for the collection. I have the Bismarck for that same reason and not played it much ...

That I want to get the ship does not mean I will play it.

Diversity ? And you are saying that after quoting a screen for missions for SPECIFIC SHIPS in there ??? Do you have no shame ?

No reason to attack me - I'm just telling you the reasoning behind the missions having different parameters - also if all the missions would be doable with one class in one go, we would have to make them significantly harder. I understand that you prefer one class but our game has several classes and we incentivize to use them. If you choose not to use the classes, that's your choice but you can't expect to get everything if you don't want to interact with certain aspects of the game, like other classes.

I understand it's not ideal for your specific case but just wanted to provide context for this.

1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

Greetings, Crysantos

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles
On 6/17/2020 at 2:32 PM, Crysantos said:

No reason to attack me - I'm just telling you the reasoning behind the missions having different parameters - also if all the missions would be doable with one class in one go, we would have to make them significantly harder. I understand that you prefer one class but our game has several classes and we incentivize to use them. If you choose not to use the classes, that's your choice but you can't expect to get everything if you don't want to interact with certain aspects of the game, like other classes.

I understand it's not ideal for your specific case but just wanted to provide context for this.

Greetings, Crysantos

You incentivize by completion criteria not by prerequisites. Prerequisites are there to LIMIT. That's their purpose.

As I said already, 20 citadel hits favor BBs and cruisers without excluding DDs (but it is not easy in DDs) while torpedo hits don't exclude any class but torpedo BBs are far less common than torpedo cruisers etc.

Arbitrary class restrictions are not needed ... unless you are afraid that CVs will be the best class for everything but Capture ribbons ... oh wait ... they are ...

EDIT: oh I was blind, I noticed there are even Nation restrictions on the branching missions (350k spotting with PA and EU and 1600 hits with French and UK DDs) which restrict them to 2 nations per branch, leaving out 3 nations completely. This is such a [edited] way to "incentivize" ...

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles

Not necessarily the best event ever, but pretty good. The one thing I would comment on is that it's very grindy, especially when you have to do two of the class-and-nation-restricted missions for each directive. That's not a problem in itself, but I would say that 10k credits for finishing those missions is extremely stingey. If those rewards were maybe 100-150k credits, 5-7 regular economic signals, or 3-5 expendable camos (e.g. Hunter), it would feel a bit... better.

[LUSOS]
Players
381 posts
22,674 battles
On 6/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

You incentivize by completion criteria not by prerequisites. Prerequisites are there to LIMIT. That's their purpose.

As I said already, 20 citadel hits favor BBs and cruisers without excluding DDs (but it is not easy in DDs) while torpedo hits don't exclude any class but torpedo BBs are far less common than torpedo cruisers etc.

Arbitrary class restrictions are not needed ... unless you are afraid that CVs will be the best class for everything but Capture ribbons ... oh wait ... they are ...

EDIT: oh I was blind, I noticed there are even Nation restrictions on the branching missions (350k spotting with PA and EU and 1600 hits with French and UK DDs) which restrict them to 2 nations per branch, leaving out 3 nations completely. This is such a [edited] way to "incentivize" ...

If you had to have all classes from all nations to complete a directive, you'd be right.

But you don't have to.

I dont use cvs, for example, and I've completed the 4 stages available till now.

One can say this mission is easier and that one is harder, but we have the possibility to choose which ones we want to do.   

[V-I-P]
Players
86 posts
9,835 battles

image.thumb.png.696f9fab5517f36b7d3047e7ad1eafe3.png

Can someone tell me why my Sovietsky Soyuz is shown in the dockyard ? Tought we were building Odin over there...

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
On 6/27/2020 at 2:38 PM, deathsadow said:

image.thumb.png.696f9fab5517f36b7d3047e7ad1eafe3.png

Can someone tell me why my Sovietsky Soyuz is shown in the dockyard ? Tought we were building Odin over there...

Hi Captain, 

Could you report the issue at our Customer Service via a ticket, including also this screenshot, so we can investigate it? You can submit a ticket here 😊

[ARVI]
Players
164 posts
5,747 battles
On 6/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Could you report the issue at our Customer Service via a ticket, including also this screenshot, so we can investigate it? You can submit a ticket here 😊

Can I have the Sovietsky Soyuz instead of the Odin too, pls? :-D

[-NFG-]
Players
59 posts
4,232 battles

Game works fine, no major issues noticed - maybe slightly longer loading of the dockyard but nothing worth reporting however - there is always "but":

Why the general product of the dockyard was nerfed that much?

52800 HP for T8 battleship which may land on T10 is way below any standards. Scharnhorst has more HP at T7. The ship itself looks good but it is not produced just to look good isn't it?

Fuse time on AP increased also - so now it over pens broadside cruisers? Guys was it too effective on Smolensks so they could stay overpowered?

Plus - reload change to 23 seconds?

There are changes required because it was weakened too much:

- The HP even for a light BB should be around 60-63 k HP at T8. Recently at 2/3 of HP i was hit by two DD torpedoes and they sunk the ship (Kagero ones). Should it work like this?

- If not the HP - maybe Heal with increased efficiency / shorter reload like on Georgia / Thunderer?

- Fuse time on AP's? The gun caliber means this ship should be more like cruiser hunter, so lowering fuse time so they do not over penetrate should be a must or granting it with cruiser accuracy. Currently it is more like GK: 250 m dispersion on 19.1 km.

Please consider this since other T8 BB's are more playable at the moment. Bismarck with no torpedo armament and better secondaries has more use with larger HP pool.

Correction: Bayern at T6 has also more HP than Odin at T8 :)

Players
541 posts
13,263 battles

Phase 4 of Dockyard lacks of type of ships that required to forfill easch task.

Phase 4 has two tasks with "destroyed" ships requirements.

The big one that includes other actions too has NO type requirement as the small one with the only five kills missions.

I explain. With my last battle with Musashi I had 5 defended and two assisted in capture ribbons but they didn't count (the assisted in capture).

Question. If there are no ships requirements how do we forfill the tasks?

Or this was the purpose from the start (NOT TO ACHIEVE THE TASK )?

shot-20.07.08_10.46.52-0410.jpg

Sign in to follow this