[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,029 posts
4,551 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_095_1200x480.jpg

Commanders!

Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:

On Thursday 11th June from 07:00 to 10:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Update size: 3.3 GB

All information you can find in portal article Update 0.9.5: Dockyard

Daily Shipments

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_095_supply_1200x240_en.jpg

During Update 0.9.5, enter the game in the period between June 11 and 25, inclusive, and start getting valuable rewards in the Daily Shipments section.

You can get a total of 10 rewards, while the shipments are available for 14 days. Thus, you can skip 4 days out of 2 weeks and still claim all the valuable rewards.

Visual Improvements and Map Changes

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_095_Visual_improvements_1200x240.jpg

The following maps have been updated to conform to the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology: Riposte, Operation Killer Whale, Defense of Naval Station Newport, Raptor Rescue, Operation Narai. Ports Dunkirk, Kronstadt, Designer's Table, and Twitch Prime have been updated as well.

Some changes have been made to the geometry of the Greece and Sleeping Giant maps.

• Sleeping Giant: changed the heights and the location of islands on the right flank. Closed the openings on the islands near the ship spawn points.
  • Greece: the gap in the island inside Key Area A has been covered with a mound to avoid situations where ships could be detected by opponents that remained undetected.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_After_greece_EN_1920x1080.jpg

Game Balance Changes

WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Release_095_balance_1200x240.jpg

In Update 0.9.5, we've made changes to the parameters of certain ships based on our analysis of their battle efficiency and feedback from players.

Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust their balance.

Further changes may follow, should they be required, in future updates.

List of changes

Spojler

British Tier III destroyer Valkyrie

• Main battery reload time increased from 5.5 to 5.8 s.

British Tier II cruiser Weymouth

• Main battery reload time increased from 8.9 to 9.2 s.

British Tier V cruiser Hawkins

• Main battery reload time reduced from 13.0 to 12.6 s.

U.S. Tier V battleship New York

• Main battery reload time reduced from 31.0 to 30.5 s.

Soviet Tier VIII destroyer Ognevoi

• Defensive AA Fire consumable moved to the separate fifth slot.
  • Torpedo speed increased from 56 to 57 knots.
  • Number of charges for the Engine Boost and Smoke Generator consumables reduced from 3 to 2.

Tier IX Soviet destroyer Udaloi

• Stock torpedo module 53-49 replaced by module 53-49M. Torpedo characteristics changed as follows:
    • Range increased from 6 to 8 km
    • Speed reduced from 69 to 66 kts
  • Researchable torpedo module 53-49M replaced by module 53-39 mod. 4. Torpedo characteristics changed as follows:
    • Range increased from 8 to 10 km
    • Speed reduced from 66 to 60 kts
    • Maximum torpedo damage increased from 14,600 to 15,100
    • Torpedo tube reload time increased from 129 to 134 s
  • The Defensive AA Fire consumable moved to the separate fifth slot.
  • Number of charges for the Engine Boost and Smoke Generator consumables reduced from 3 to 2.

Tier X Soviet destroyer Grozovoi

• Defensive AA Fire and Engine Boost consumables have been swapped.
  • Maximum researchable torpedo damage increased from 14,600 to 15,100.

Tier X Japanese aircraft carrier Hakuryū

• Maximum bomb damage of standard and researchable bombers reduced from 8,500 to 8,200.

Tier V German destroyer Т-22

• Action time of Hydroacoustic Search increased from 60 to 70 s.

Tier X Soviet battleship Kremlin

• Continuous damage caused by AA mounts reduced from 413 to 395.
  • Number of explosions from shells in a salvo reduced from 9 to 8.

Aviation

• Spotting range for all aircraft reduced from 16 to 15 km. This parameter determines the distance at which an aircraft can spot an enemy ship.

The armor penetration capacity of 128 mm HE shells of German destroyers increased from 21 to 32 mm, and armor penetration of 150 mm HE shells—from 25 to 38 mm. These changes affect the following ships:

• flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VI Ernst Gaede
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VI T-61
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887VII Z-39
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VII Leberecht Maass
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3VIII Z-23
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3IX Z-46
  • flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_357acc9fc0e2f7d98f047c99edffad3X Z-52

You can leave the particular feedback in following threads:

[CATS]
Players
31,592 posts
15,876 battles

Now you have done it:

flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eIX Siegfried for 47,000 Research Points has been added to the Research Bureau.

We warned you against that. And now it is clear why Siegfried made a better impression than Ägir.

You want to force the acceptance of RB.

Siegfried, which has at least some historical relevance as an actual design, is hidden behind RB, while the fantasy ships Ägir and Odin are more easily accessible...

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Players
58 posts
16,122 battles

Yeah, WG tries to force us to use RB very, very hard.

But failed for me... I dont see any chance i enter a situation when they take away ships for half price (plain robbery), then make me grind them again. NO THANKS

• Cool 2

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
20 posts
23,299 battles

II  hhaavvee  aa  ffeelllliinngg  tthhaatt  tthheerree  iiss  aa  bbuugg ooff  kkeeyy  ssttrrookkeess  iinn  cchhaattss  wwhhiillee  ddoocckkaayyaarrdd  aanndd  ootthheerr  nneeww  meennuuss  aarree  ooppeenn..

• Funny 3

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
20 posts
23,299 battles

By the way, i am not going to criticize the new menus.

I play wows for a while and can navigate them with what ever changes are made.

Just going to say they are not a improvement, specially for new players.
Since we have new ones, I was expecting a better work.

• Funny 1

Players
1,150 posts

A couple of initial observations:

- For some bizarre reason I can now get into the Armoury and onto the Ships page, apply a filter and scroll down to check the price of a ship I'm interested in buying, then exit back to the Port screen, almost entirely before the names of the ships have loaded in. The first time I looked in there I assumed that shipnames had been removed from the page altogether, until the very last moment. Why does the name have to be loaded in separately when the icon and price are already present and correct? Also, the Ships tab in general seems to be taking a lot longer to load than the previous incarnation.

- It now seems like more of an effort to check Directives, possibly due to the smaller screen space allotted and consequent need to scroll down the list. While it's nice that they've been amalgamated with the other mission objectives, the appearance of the old Directives list was (at least in my opinion) more readable and interesting.

- Again on the mission objectives screen, I do like that the Daily Missions are now the top tab (and that the useless Events screen has been removed altogether), and that the game client takes you back to the last tab that you were looking at when you go in to the page afresh. It's a little difficult working out what I'm supposed to be doing for the various objectives right now (and the wording is not very consistent), but I imagine that will change as I get more familiar.

- The Dockyard screen seems to take quite a while to load (I recall on occasion during the PR 'event' that the previous iteration sometimes refused to load altogether but no sign of that this time around so far), could this be streamlined?

- Have to admit, ending up on a grey day in Hamburg is much less scenic than my previous Zipangu port choice. As there's no direct connection between the Port screen and Dockyard (the way there is with the Container Ship I mean), I've just gone straight back...

Update:

1 hour ago, DoMiNoEZ said:

Game has crashed four times today in game. gg I give up for now.

The client seems a lot less stable for me as well.

Also, the post-game mission icons seem to be quite a bit less useful than the old ones as it's much harder to know which mission they relate to and no at-a-glance progress bar. Coupled with that (and I realise it's a much more subjective point), the icons seem rather samey and dull, it's not really possible to tell what they mean just be looking.

Another update:

I really appreciate the new way in which the individual stages of the Daily Missions are being counted for the new Easy/Medium/Hard equivalents, the new system seems a lot more flexible and the addition of more potential rewards just for playing the game is very welcome.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles

I have to compliment the UI changes (mainly the missions part), very well done. I am not keen on the Armory as the icons are not really useful there especially those for the event stuff, but is not bad as well.

So GJ WG on that one.

Players
1,150 posts

Figured this was worth a new post: the game is now crashing when I try to load into a battle, and won't let me back in on trying to re-load the game client from scratch (critical errors keep happening). I'm giving up for today until there's some sort of stability fix.

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,778 battles

Is it normal that I cannot see Kléber's new French Navy camo? It should've been added with this update but I can't find it, I only see the Rogue Wave and Standard ones

1988302099_Update0.9.5_Dockyard_WorldofWarships-GoogleChrome11_06_202015_43_07.thumb.png.825978787013adf553d196ec83089eb3.png

289544133_WorldofWarships11_06_202019_41_02.thumb.png.ef9999097be98891db83358ee465b705.png

[F43N]
Players
3 posts
4,853 battles

Game is crashing for me also. Get into battle, but no sound and no visible speed or consuables. Crashes after 10-15 seconds.

[HNFC]
Beta Tester
10 posts
11,479 battles

Please gib Shikishima some buff. It is innaccurate as f*ck. Its guns are useless in current state...

[-NH-]
[-NH-]
Players
265 posts
22,210 battles

Hello guys,

I guess they are many other players like me and think like me.

A short story about this "special" ship Moskva (for me).

As u know who has/reset the line/or sale will receive it back for free..... until this point everything is OK (even for me).

The only problem that I have is: I buy with 5000 doubloons that permanent camouflage and others receive it for free today (even they don't have it before this upgrade).

I'm not against that policy, I agree with that, but for those guys what pay that how will remain?... no refund?...no other camouflage?... no doubloons back?

For me, their answer and position are sound like "u idiot (meaning me and other what do that, and buy things from the game), pay, buy whatever u want, because we will offer that for free anyway to others what don't spend money for this game, and we care just about u"....right?

I apologize, I don't want to offend anyone, but this is not fair and honest, right?...

Do not know if it is the right place/channel/topic to right this above (but where should I put it?....)

Best regards!

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles

Where did you hide the Hall of Fame for the event ? I can only see the missions/directives, no Hall of Fame ... Stealth nerf ?

Modder
5,398 posts
24,445 battles

Mikoyan have too big size of gun fire effect. This happens when firing rear gun at very close targets.

shot-20_06.12_03_38.05-0245.thumb.jpg.bd3acab0304f9aa09fc13e9653ce6948.jpg

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,506 battles

Couple of issues for me:

In the dock screen the mouse cursor is "off" vs UI activation, meaning you need to be on the button above to click the button you actually wish to activate, (that's at 3080x2160).  Once you have gone through the nightmare that is trying to access the dockyard for the first time, and the game crashing etc it seems to have resolved...

Loading into the shipyard takes an age.

Not dared to try a battle yet...

Players
1,343 posts
20,306 battles

Yeaaaaah... I think AL. Nevsky is a bit too much. Not a single tester noticed and point it out? Find it hard to believe.

[THESO]
Players
8,272 posts
43,154 battles

Really WG? I had to force the game to close from task manager. What is this??!! 5 min and this was still loading....

shot-20.06.12_11.51.17-0371.jpg

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,457 posts
20,189 battles

Some thoughts from little old me.

* Armory loads slow as hell.

* Mission objective screen is just a blur. Everything looks the same and I have to read text to know where I'm going. Used to be easier with just a quick look at symblos and bigger text.

* I do like the new "spilt" missions.

* I've had no crashes.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
22 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Really WG? I had to force the game to close from task manager. What is this??!! 5 min and this was still loading....

shot-20.06.12_11.51.17-0371.jpg

Hi Captain, 

We already released a fix for the players who are having problems accessing the Dockyard, you can find it here 😊

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,272 posts
43,154 battles
11 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

We already released a fix for the players who are having problems accessing the Dockyard, you can find it here 😊

Thank you, it's working properly now.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Thank you, it's working properly now.

You are really welcome Captain, I am glad I could help you 😉.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this