Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Odin Poll

Odin Poll  

267 members have voted

1. 1. How do you plan to get Odin?

• I plan to buy Odin immediately, going for the steel
    • I'll buy the 8000 doubloons starter pack for 8 levels
    • I'll grind as much as I can, and buy the last levels for doubloons
    • I'll grind 18 levels and buy the last two for doubloons
    • Not interested in Odin

84 comments in this topic

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,088 posts

I guess I will get the 8k starter pack and grind the 18 levels, to get the Odin and 1500 steel

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,344 posts
8,150 battles

Odin is useless. But I by Default try to Collect all German Ships. So I will get it Regardless. Even if it basicly will just Sit in Port as I will never really bother using this Trash.

I did consider Buying the Steel. But the Price isnt Good enough I think.

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,210 posts
9,265 battles

WG values this thip at 115€...A tier 8 premium. This is more than twice as much for any other tier 8 premium ship (and not even a good one). Inflating the price so they pretend to give a discount. I say screw them.

• Cool 18

Players
1,606 posts
3,229 battles

I won't grind Odin. I basically lost any interest since the HP nerf. I'll try to grind Graf Spee, which given the ammount of time we have it should be doable.

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,581 posts
6,218 battles

None of the options are really fitting.

I'll play as normal, and if I happen to finish 18 stages by doing that I might buy it since I have some doubloons lying around that I don't really have any other use for.

• Cool 5

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,566 posts
20,186 battles

Not interested in either steel or Odin. Going to just leisurely play for flags and other rewards. Already have two Graf Spees so that's not an incentive either.

• Cool 6

[CAIN]
Players
4,496 posts
18,963 battles

Let’s see...

ship nerfed into the ground - check

you have to pay no matter what - check

to get the steel you need to pay 3x the price of a T8 - check

let me do the calculations...

ok. I will spend at least 20 minutes giving all the available middle fingers to this event, and spend my time playing AC Odyssey. 

My my money will go to other games, I.e. I pre-ordered the super-hyper-Mega-ultra-overpriced-with pointless crap-filled Edition of AC -Valhalla, which I consider to be cheaper since it’ll offer at least 60-80 hours of fun, unlike Odin in WoWS which comes for the same price but offers no fun whatsoever. 

Oh look, i found another middle finger, must have fallen off the table when I did my pro AC:Valhalla and con WoWS:Odin list. 

And this is coming from a collector guy that has all the premiums (except Bajie, Wukong, Montpellier and Yukikaze). 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 10

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,592 posts
24,860 battles

Honestly IDK, before the nerfs I was quite enthusiastic about her, even after they took off the HP I was still kinda - ehh, maybe... But now TBH IJDK, I was thinking of going for the starter pack originally (no way I am spitting out 30k on day one or similar nonsense) and I do have the gold at hand, however - I am not so sure the actual missions progress will be that easy, I have a sneaking suspicion it will end up as being another epic grind or even nigh impossible to do and will turn out to be another huge sunken cost fallacy situation in like you already spent 8k gold, cmon spend a little more to finish in time / finish sooner and THB I am sort of growing tired of this BS, well at least its not gambling I guess...

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

If I get all 18 shipbuilding progress rewards from the missions and directives, only then and not a moment sooner, I'll think about spending the remaining 3500 doubloons.

If I do not get all of them, I'll pass.

• Cool 11

[SHAD]
Players
2,607 posts
11,653 battles

I'll probably buy the starter as I would have to pay 3500 at the end anyway and this way I would also receive 1500 steel.

I know that I will get to the final stage and would definitely spend 3500 doubloons for 10,000 coal and any T8 ship.

[ADE]
Players
19 posts
7,173 battles
25 minutes ago, domen3 said:

WG values this thip at 115€...A tier 8 premium. This is more than twice as much for any other tier 8 premium ship (and not even a good one). Inflating the price so they pretend to give a discount. I say screw them.

This.  Thats the reason because Im not spending a dub, nor will worry to grind. I will get the Graf Spee and thats it. It is not that hard to be honest with your customers, WG. You would get more.

• Cool 2

Players
1,735 posts
18,650 battles

I'm just going to see how far I get on the grind just through casual play, if I happen to grind the 18 stages  then I will probably finish her off for gold but I'm really not that fussed if I don't get her and won't be making any special effort on grinding. 

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
105 posts
12 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Honestly IDK before the nerfs I was quite enthusiastic about her, even after they took off the HP I was still kinda - ehh, maybe... But now TBH IJDK, I was thinking of going for the starter pack originally (no way I am spitting out 30k on day one or similar nonsense) and I do gave the gold at hand however I am not so sure the actual missions progress will be that easy, I have a sneaking suspicion it will end up as being another epic grind ore nigh impossible to do and will turn out to be another huge sunken cost fallacy situation in like you already spent 8k gold, cmon spend a little more to finish in time or finish sooner, I am sort of growing tired of this, well at least its not gambling I guess...

100% correct in that "its not gambling". Its 1000 times worse as WG will be shifting their cash cow model away from gambling to appealing more directly to players "must have" addictions. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,592 posts
24,860 battles
Just now, MistaBoo said:

100% correct in that "its not gambling". Its 1000 times worse as WG will be shifting their cash cow model away from gambling to appealing more directly to players "must have" addictions. 

Oh they are doing that for quite some time, I was quite taken by that as well up to not so long ago but recently it sort of lost hold over me and I find it more and more easy to just pass up similar stuff...

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
Players
2,803 posts
13,896 battles

hmmm, difficult, i've got 95% of the prems and coal/steel/RB ships, so naturally i'd like to get it, but the way the game's going i'm having serious doubts about spending another penny on this (looking at subs and cv's)

• Cool 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,592 posts
24,860 battles
10 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I won't even bother

Probably the most sensible approach, when you look at the 8k gold its about the cost of a T6 BB, T7 cruiser or a T8 DD and when you throw in the 25% coupon we will all get soon and realise one can actually get a full fledged T8 BB from arsenal for the same amount of gold and 0 grinding involved...

When one draws the underscore if one buys the starter pack for 8k the entire grind ie max you get for that for extra 4500 gold you pay is what 1500? steel and thats if you are able to actually finish every stage mission remaining on time...

IDK if about 3 ranks worth of steel are worth a month long grind and 4500 gold

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,881 posts
9,003 battles

Odin is so expensive, because you can buy steel

You can purchase all the shipbuilding phases in exchange for doubloons and receive all the available rewards without waiting. If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using doubloons, you can still progress through the Directives. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 250 Steel for each completed phase. In total, you can earn up to 4,500 Steel.

So its not buy Odin, but buy Steel instead.

And with that WG probably just made a shitton of money :cap_happy:

[BABBY]
Players
702 posts
10,448 battles

*looks at Scharnhorst and Gneisenau in the port*

Nah, I'm good, thanks...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LHZP]
Beta Tester
73 posts
9,374 battles

Got the 8k sitting in my port and think Odin + 1.5k steel is still a better investment than a premium camo.

Maybe if the sales figures are bad, they will buff Odin before they sell it in shop.

Players
963 posts
13,852 battles

Not only uninterested in Odin but uninterested in the entire event.

Already have Spee, Scharn, and Tirpitz (and just used most of my Doubloons stock getting Ark Royal) so getting another T8 German battleship with torps makes no sense.

I'm hoarding for Ludendorff (wait and see) same as I was originally hoarding for Siegfried because a T9 Premium for gaining cxp has value.

Spending money on a ship I don't really want and would only play for snowflakes has no value, whatever the cash price.

• Cool 1

Players
1,548 posts
7,185 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Probably the most sensible approach, when you look at the 8k gold its about the cost of a T6 BB, T7 cruiser or a T8 DD and when you throw in the 25% coupon we will all get soon and realise one can actually get a full fledged T8 BB from arsenal for the same amount of gold and 0 grinding involved...

Yeah, but what if you already have the T8 BBs you need from the armory and actually enjoyed everything in the Gneisie/Scharny/Bisie/Tirpie family? Then getting the Odin for like 8000 (T8 discounted BB price) is a good choice. You have to grind for sure, but the first four directives for 8 weeks is doable, even if you work. Having clocked 400+ games in Tirpie, I'm tempted.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this