Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Traeng

Buffing Mikasa

Should we buff mikasa, and buff what?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should mikasa be buffed at all?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should mikasa's secondary guns have a longer range?

• 3,5km base range (about 4,4km maxed)
    • 3,2km base range (about 4km maxed)
    • Keep current 3km range (about 3,8km maxed)
  3. 3. Should mikasa receive her torpedo tubes?

• Yes, with good torpedoes to surprise battleships in CQC when uptiered (3mins long reload, about 4km range, 25knots)
    • Yes, with bad torpedoes to defend itself a bit better at low tiers, and without enough range to hurt higher tiers (3mins long reload, 2,5km range, 20knots)
    • No, adding fixed torpedo tubes are a bad idea. Even if she's agile.

9 comments in this topic

Question

[DSYNC]
Players
16 posts
2,429 battles

Main battery: I do not think many changes are needed, maybe faster turret rotation, but that's it. 5,2°sec isn't bad, but i'd love to see a solid 6 or 7, given the horrible fire arc of her rear turret.

but I guess this can stay the same as it currently is.

Secondaries: They have a base 3km range, and 3,75km when fully buffed. I think their base range should be 3,2km, thus buffing their range just a little over 4km. This would be nice imo.

I'd also love to not have deactivated secondaries on the towers. Aren't these 4"? I wish they would shoot too. Even with low accuracy or whatever.

Would buffing her secondaries a bit make her OP? I think she would be a bit more enjoyable to play.

There is something I'd love to see: Her 4x18inch fixed torpedo tubes. At her tier, she faces lots of DD and cruisers. And most of them are in a very close range.

That's why I think it could be nice to give her torpedoes. What torpedoes? Something with 2,5km max range, 25 knots speed, spotted from 1,5km for example. Reload time of let's say 3mins.

Could something like this be implemented, and if no, why not?

8 answers to this question

[DSYNC]
Players
16 posts
2,429 battles
On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, thisismalacoda said:

Mikasa sits consistently between 55 and 60% WR. 

WR          avg frag   DMG avg

53.64 %  -  0.69  -  13 625

She enjoys a nice winrate. but apparently she has trouble having reliably a single kill despite being a battleship, and 13k average damages is ridiculously low, even for her tier 2.

Keep also in mind, Mikasa is more often played with skilled players, and perhaps decent commanders too.

This can be seen with the tachibana, having also 52% WR compared to the umikaze, sitting at 48%.

The main deal here is, mikasa is very limited against T3 dreadnoughts and DDs. She doesn't have the range, the guns, and speed to deal with any of those.

If at least she'd get decent secondaries...

[DSYNC]
Players
16 posts
2,429 battles
On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, thisismalacoda said:

Mikasa sits consistently between 55 and 60% WR. 

But then, we could nerf something in order to buff her secondaries a bit, don't you think?

I think mikasa's WR is explained because she doesn't always face enemy battleships, thus sealclubbing tier 2 players who have no idea what to do when facing her.

But is she fun to play? Not really no.

Maybe reduce her main guns sigma to 1.5? But even so, she only has 2 turrets, with the shittiest angles on the planet.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,529 posts
13,812 battles
4 hours ago, Traeng said:

Maybe reduce her main guns sigma to 1.5? But even so, she only has 2 turrets, with the shittiest angles on the planet.

You mean increase? Lower sigma is worse and her current sigma is 1.8 which is quite average. She does have her own dispersion model which is better than other Japanese BBs but this still equates to being quite poor up to ~9km.

[DSYNC]
Players
16 posts
2,429 battles
6 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You mean increase? Lower sigma is worse and her current sigma is 1.8 which is quite average. She does have her own dispersion model which is better than other Japanese BBs but this still equates to being quite poor up to ~9km.

Well, the thing is, apparently, mikasa has got a 55 to 60% winrate.

would that make it even worse if we upgrade her secondaries? I think so.

However, altough she's got a nice winrate, she's not fun to play, because most of her firepower is useless over 3km.

You are right, at 1.8 she's average, however, she is tier 2. and cannot be compared to tier 3 BBs.

so, I still think buffing her secondaries to 3,5km would be nice.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,529 posts
13,812 battles
5 hours ago, Traeng said:

Well, the thing is, apparently, mikasa has got a 55 to 60% winrate.

would that make it even worse if we upgrade her secondaries? I think so.

However, altough she's got a nice winrate, she's not fun to play, because most of her firepower is useless over 3km.

You are right, at 1.8 she's average, however, she is tier 2. and cannot be compared to tier 3 BBs.

so, I still think buffing her secondaries to 3,5km would be nice.

The only way to improve her secondaries would be to nerf her elsewhere at the same time.

[UKHF]
Players
6 posts

My second forum post:

I play World Of Warships because i love ships of all kinds,when i was young me and my father used to make and sail model ships,i was 5 when we made

our first one together.

My ten cents and almost entirely from co-op play,by the way i am nearly 70 so co-op is great for me,reactions not really good enough for much else.

I have tried random,but when your my age-well,co-op can be fun.

The Mikasa is more a collector ship than a true front runner and can deal with bots pretty easily.

She is my favourite tier 2 ship and i got her for about 4 euros.

I would never take her into a random match if i had the skills all you youngsters have.

I treat her for what she is a port queen and bot killer where she excels.

I have managed to kill t3 BB bots with her and for an old guy with arthritis i think  thats pretty good.

There are plenty of other ships you can use if random is your game,but very few look as good as the Mikasa..

However i can see why you would want to buff her.

I would fix the damned awful turret rotation.Feels as if the turrets are hand cranked like a tiger tanks turret.

Sign in to follow this