Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tw53

why fine me ?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
405 posts

Why did I get fined for BEING hit by a friendly ship , I mean he collided with me from behind.....fine the right person.  It happended twice in two matches, I was going 1/4 speed and got hit.  I am not angry at them but  I am at being fined for being hit. so please check the fine system  Thx

[VV]
[VV]
Beta Tester
347 posts
23,673 battles

What was it - like 60 credits?

I'll give you some of mine to cover it....

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
141 posts
4,781 battles

Why did I get fined for BEING hit by a friendly ship , I mean he collided with me from behind.....fine the right person.  It happended twice in two matches, I was going 1/4 speed and got hit.  I am not angry at them but  I am at being fined for being hit. so please check the fine system  Thx

Did you try to evade him? If not, then it's right that you have to pay a fine :P

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,571 battles

Nobody really care for that, it happens rarely it doesn't cost much and it's not a problem to the game.

Beta Tester
11 posts
667 battles

Well, yesterday I was engaged with my Atlanta, going straight, and suddenly BAM, "a friendly" rammed my backside, critted a turret and started a fire. We also got stuck, got killed shortly thereafter, and lost the match. I would say that in this case a hefty fine was called for. He said sorry, though :D

[CS-N]
Beta Tester
71 posts
8,788 battles

Strange thing is that those penalties (for giving/receiving friendly fire) are increased with Premium account multiplier as well. Why, when the price of repairs remains the same?

Beta Tester
405 posts

The fine from hitting a ship is so small that why would you even care?

Its not the amount , its the  principle of getting fined for not doing anything wrong which is my complaint:(

Beta Tester
95 posts
4,111 battles

It takes two to collide ;) I don't mind how it is now, coding who is to blame for a crash sounds like a lot of work for a principle, so I rather they don't. Usually the offending party pays you more as a fine, and therefor end up paying for your tiny one either ways.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Did you try to evade him? If not, then it's right that you have to pay a fine :P

TBH, if i am sailing in my BB, do you think I would try dodging a CL / CA or even better, a DD, that thinks he needs to tunnel in his sniper vision? Bigger ships have right of way, simple as that :teethhappy:
Edited by Smi2k

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles

I got a lovely fine the other day - was engaging an enemy BB, just closing to 6km. Friendly cleveland descides that now is a great time to overtake me, putting himself between me (a nagato), and the enemy.

Luckily I spot him in time, and hold off firing the main batteries because he's now completely in my way.

Forgot to turn off secondarys though didn't I? So the AI suddenly opens up with all the front secondarys (a lot), and then fines me for the privilage. I got them turned off, but not before it had hit him with virtually all of them (he was about 0.5km away)

[-AWF-]
Beta Tester
11 posts
3,575 battles

I agree there's something wrong with this system. I recently collided with my destroyer into a cruisers side. My bad, I was tunnelvisioning and I said sorry in chat. In the end I had an 2 number fine and he had a 4 number fine. I felt sorry for the guy :P

Beta Tester
4 posts
97 battles

The system can't detect who collided with who so it fine both parties, But the cost is very miniscule so it doesn't matter.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Strange thing is that those penalties (for giving/receiving friendly fire) are increased with Premium account multiplier as well. Why, when the price of repairs remains the same?

I think this is to ensure that people with premium accounts will still be hurt by the fine and not just care less about it than somebody who doesn't have money to run a premium. This means that the fine will still hurt you, even if you earn more in the match. Basicly to prevent people from buying premium just to try to escape the system.

Sign in to follow this