Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xJ03xR081Nx

Should i use the 30% discount coupon?

17 comments in this topic

Players
46 posts
666 battles

Hello,

Thisis my current situation regarding the game, i am only playing BBs and i have researched the USN line to tier 8 and i am currently researching the Russian line and i am currently in tier 7, my objective is to research all BB lines to tier 8 and then i'll decide if i go to higher tiers or try something else. The only money i spent so far is a month of premium.

I have a 30 % discount coupon to use in the next 3 days but it's only available for items without discounts, meaning i can only apply the coupon in a bunch of premium ships, doubloons or premium time, premium ships are out of question i simply don't understand why a tier IX BB is 3.5 times more expensive than a tier V, does it have higher quality textures or polygons? Did the 3d model take more time to design? If it's only because it is a tier IX then i'll pass buy any premium ships.

I really wanted to buy camos or flags because i have only 2 camos and 4 flags, despite i always pick the container with the more camos and flags i always get only a few of them, so the question is, should i use the coupon to buy a few doubloons and then spend them on permanent camos for the tier VIII BBs? Are they worth it? 

Players
2,842 posts
19,165 battles
4 minutes ago, xJ03xR081Nx said:

Hello,

Thisis my current situation regarding the game, i am only playing BBs and i have researched the USN line to tier 8 and i am currently researching the Russian line and i am currently in tier 7, my objective is to research all BB lines to tier 8 and then i'll decide if i go to higher tiers or try something else. The only money i spent so far is a month of premium.

I have a 30 % discount coupon to use in the next 3 days but it's only available for items without discounts, meaning i can only apply the coupon in a bunch of premium ships, doubloons or premium time, premium ships are out of question i simply don't understand why a tier IX BB is 3.5 times more expensive than a tier V, does it have higher quality textures or polygons? Did the 3d model take more time to design? If it's only because it is a tier IX then i'll pass buy any premium ships.

I really wanted to buy camos or flags because i have only 2 camos and 4 flags, despite i always pick the container with the more camos and flags i always get only a few of them, so the question is, should i use the coupon to buy a few doubloons and then spend them on permanent camos for the tier VIII BBs? Are they worth it? 

I found premium time to be the most value for my buck. It frees you from worrying about credit and XP income, so you can play whatever you heart desires. Premium ships are only worth it if they provide a different gameplay style compared to the silver ships. The only premium camo's I have were earned ingame, and the usually don't seem tooffer me much. Unless you have 1 particular ship you love to death and will likely play many matches in, i'd not bother. Flags and stuff are consumables, so a hit and a miss not worth ral money as far as I'm concerned unless you play competetive.

• Cool 1

[KMSGE]
Players
13 posts
1,081 battles

Premium camos is a good way to get more credits and XP, above all if you want to research high ships. Personally never bought a premium camouflage, I prefer spend the money in premium ships. Anyway, I think they worth for the extra credits, which are essential for the game.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

My recommendation would be the same as it always is when this question arises - get the Scharnhorst. Apart from being (probably) the "sexiest" looking ship in the game it is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

The guns are smaller calibre than most BBs so don't expect massive hits against enemy BBs unless you are closer than normal but it is an awesome cruiser killer plus it comes with torps too. It is as fast and agile as it is sleek and sexy and with 30% off it should cost you about £19 or the equivalent in your currency.

Camos and flags you will get in abundance just by playing the game.

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
256 posts
9,095 battles

I have no clue how to get these 30% discount coupons, but next time I get one I'll probably buy doubloons on discount, and then spend them in the armory with another coupon for extra discount. :P

I yet have to receive any 30% coupons though. No clue how to get those. :P

• Cool 1

Players
46 posts
666 battles
Il y a 6 minutes, Purnylla a dit :

I have no clue how to get these 30% discount coupons, but next time I get one I'll probably buy doubloons on discount, and then spend them in the armory with another coupon for extra discount. :P

I yet have to receive any 30% coupons though. No clue how to get those. :P

I got it because i have this account for 3 years, although i have only started to use it 2 weeks ago it was created in 2015.

Beta Tester
276 posts
15,901 battles

If you change your mind and want to buy a premium ship like T7 or T8 you can buy doubloons with the 30% coupon and than use the 25% coupon of the arsenal.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,810 battles
5 minutes ago, suppenkaschperl said:

If you change your mind and want to buy a premium ship like T7 or T8 you can buy doubloons with the 30% coupon and than use the 25% coupon of the arsenal.

This

• Cool 1

Players
46 posts
666 battles
Il y a 15 minutes, suppenkaschperl a dit :

This might be a good idea 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,589 posts
41,761 battles
2 hours ago, xJ03xR081Nx said:

Hello,

Apart from buying so much doubloons that you can buy both premium time in game and the T7 /8 premium w discount as above, the premium time are often heavily discounted around christmas 50% or so for 1 year historically so that is perhaps the best value for money.

Well the benefits (XP/credits hour) scales with tier so you have more "value" from the high tier that you perform good in. Try to pick up the various Free Premiums for coal which exists in armory. Some of the m are cheap the best are the expensive ones. 

My take on premium permacamos - seldom on sale has happened a few times during all years. But try to pick up those that you can get in various events. The most expensive but arguably the best are the T10 for 5000 doubloons but you should want to play that ship a lot. Key factor here is the combination of 20% + in credits and 50 % reduction in servicecosts + 100 % XP, if you compare that with thae T8 for 3000 doubloons you have a small reduction in service + 50 % in XP. 

So you get far mor IMO than the difference in prize. I have several T8 anyway like Bismarck becuse i like it visually but in economy benefits the T10 is the best but as said you must like the ship. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,583 posts
13,872 battles

There isn't a single 'best' answer to this question IMO, but some things to think about:

• Premium account is arguably the best single thing one can spend money on in the game, as it works on every ship and in every game that you play.
  • Doubloons are a close second if you don't have lots already, mainly because you can spend them on other things (don't use them for things like one-use cammo/flags, or buying silver, though as that's generally a waste).
  • Premium ships are worthwhile, but you need to pick your spots - a premium ship that you don't play is of very little use, so don't buy anything that you aren't confident that you'll get a lot of use out of.
  • Higher tier premiums are more expensive as - all things being equal - they allow you to generate better rewards; the higher tier ones can also (sometimes) get you access to certain game modes sooner than you would otherwise (the whole 'pay to progress faster' thing).
  • The value of permaflage varies with tier, special bonuses, and personal circumstances. IMO the only permaflages that are actively good value are those that significantly increase your silver income (or provide better than average rewards elsewhere) either directly or by reducing your costs. This in general means T10, maybe T9, Kobayashi, and 'national' cammo. That, of course, assumes a ship that you want to keep and play a lot; for T10s, you should also be mindful of the recent business with Moskva, and the possible threat of nerfs (notably YY in the recent past) - only get T10 permaflage if you're confident that you'll get your money's worth reasonably quickly, so if WG do pull a fast one, you'll feel less aggrieved. You can also make a case for permaflage on your T6+ 'keepers', as each time you play them, you effectively 'save' a disposable cammo, plus the (generally) poorer rewards compared to many one-use cammos matter less once you've already got the next ship in the tree.

30% discount coupons are at the higher end of what WG hand out, so if you are going to spend on the game at some point, I would try and make use of it. As such vouchers only work on a single item (I think), probably the most sensible thing to use it on would be a large lump of doubloons, and use some of those doubloons for premium time, and then keep the rest and decide what to do with it later (and make really sure your automatic replenishment of things like economic flags that cost gold are emphatically switched off).

• Cool 2

Players
46 posts
666 battles

Ok so looked in the store and Roma would be my pick because it's the only nation i can't research, i have already the tier 8 USN and soon i will have the Russian. Is it any good? I was thinking buying 17.5k doubloons for 30$ with coupon. The Roma after rebate is 10k.

With 18k doubloons i could also buy permanent camos for all tier 8 ships for the 6 nations, 3k each. Should i buy the Roma or save the doubloons for the permanent camos for the other tier 8 ships. My goal as i mentioned above is to get all BB lines to tier 8.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,583 posts
13,872 battles
3 minutes ago, xJ03xR081Nx said:

Should i buy the Roma or save the doubloons for the permanent camos for the other tier 8 ships.

Were it me, I would get the doubloons:

• For a start, if you change your mind, I believe you can still get Roma for doubloons in-game (I've had mine for years, so can't confirm though - can anyone else?).
  • I'm not qualified to comment on how good Roma is as I only play mine in Coop, but some general 'rules' about premiums suggest she is of less use than many, from a practical standpoint: crucially, there is no equivalent silver line, so a) you need a source of elite xp - so, a 19 point captain elsewhere - to get the captain to a decent level, and b) the training capabilities of Roma are largely wasted, at least until WG get around to doing the Italian BB line.

I should mention though that Roma does have a Kobayshi cammo available though (for doubloons - it's the insane 'beer can' design that you may have seen in game) which does turn her into one of the best silver earners in the game, provided you can perform in the ship...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
16 minutes ago, xJ03xR081Nx said:

Ok so looked in the store and Roma would be my pick because it's the only nation i can't research, i have already the tier 8 USN and soon i will have the Russian. Is it any good? I was thinking buying 17.5k doubloons for 30$ with coupon. The Roma after rebate is 10k.

With 18k doubloons i could also buy permanent camos for all tier 8 ships for the 6 nations, 3k each. Should i buy the Roma or save the doubloons for the permanent camos for the other tier 8 ships. My goal as i mentioned above is to get all BB lines to tier 8.

One of the main reasons to get a Premium ship is as a captain trainer - you can put any captain from the same nation in it without having to retrain. One of the benefits of this is that when you move your captain up to a new silver ship you have to retrain him for that ship and while doing so your captain skills either aren't active or aren't fully active. Put him in a premium ship and they are fully active all the time you are retraining him for the new silver ship. Buying the Roma when there are no silver Italian BBs wastes a lot of the point of having a premium.

The Roma is not one I would ever recommend unless you like dice games as the guns are, as far as I am aware, trolly as phuq. The armour is good but the guns are notoriously unreliable.

• Cool 2

Players
10,034 posts
11,833 battles

Hello,

Premium ships with tiers up to 9 have increased credit gains, tier 9 also comes with better permanent camo than tier 8 and below (+100% exp, -20% maintenance instead usual +50% and -10% respectively). Tier 9 ships also have benefit of not seeing tier 11, because there are none in this game

For "getting the most bang for your buck", you could spend said coupon on doubloons and then spend those doubloons on premium ship from Armory with another -25% coupon. That or premium time when you feel like playing the game.

• Cool 2

Players
46 posts
666 battles

I guess i will go with the doubloons and decide later what to do with them, so far i feel the game hasn't really pushed me to spend money, i still have 20k coal that i can trade for flags and camos. Thank you all for the replies.

Players
1,543 posts
7,158 battles

Buy doubloons with the 30% coupon, then buy premium ship(s) from the armory with the 25% coupon. You will get another 25% armory coupon on the 23rd of June. So you can buy 2 premiums at 50% cost. Also you can buy premium time for doubloons in the client. Your next 30% coupon will probably be your playing anniversary.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this