Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

ranked battles: new frontiers of "teamplay"

16 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
633 posts

Hello Everyone

today I want to share with you my recent experience in Ranked Batlles. 

Chapt. 1

Yesterday during a battle in my Fiji I was short in HP and the match was going to end in 5 miuntes . Trying to contest a cap I decide to smoke and all of a suddenn … 

BOOM I am dead. 

BUT it wasn't the enemy to kill me but the Sinop in my team. Apparently he wassn't happy with my choice during the battle.

The sad thing is that we lost but we could have won the game. 

---------------

Chapt. 2

today during a battle on of the DD in my team, deliberately killed another DD cause they were arguing about the wrong/right tactic to follow. 

Game was even cuase now we lost 2 DD and same happened to enemy team. 

A few moment later Sinop  in our team gunned a York also in our team, cause he was (thaty was true) camping all time behind an island.

Some how even with this great effort of team play we managed to win the battle.

_______

Question

I got chat banned Yesterday for apparent miscoduit. 

What kind of penalty this players should receive,?? 

Ranked is a competion therefore i would like to see those who turned  "pink" during a ranked battle to be banned for some time :

Example:

1st time 12 hours (any one can make a mistake in Landing a torp)

2nd time 1 Day (people should be more careful having already done 1 mistake)

3rd time 3 days (perhaps this kind of palyers are too used to play coop)

4th time one week (now u really should make amendment)

5 th time you will be banned for the current season.

I will gladly read your opinion as the trend I see it's worrying me.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
146 posts
21,758 battles

The challenge here is, if the act is deliberate? I can't see how it can be ruled on unless you get a person to view the reply.

I don't think WG are likely to find post battle refs, for nothing:cap_money:, to watch naughty Capts in action and then apply a sanction.

Then again I could be wrong.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
633 posts

well of course the idea is to punish bad beahvior. 

that's why 1st and second time are quite forgiven 

but if a player keep doing it … well it means he is a ….. yx@T or simply he is not suited for ranked

Players
2,912 posts
15,219 battles

Don't play ranked; they are bad for your health. I arrived to rank 5 after 84 battles and several chat bans in a week, and I left ranked there. You assure most of the prizes for next season and will live happier :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-YR-]
Players
633 posts
20 hours ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Don't play ranked; they are bad for your health. I arrived to rank 5 after 84 battles and several chat bans in a week, and I left ranked there. You assure most of the prizes for next season and will live happier :Smile_Default:

ahah have to agree my friend! 

However this time I am making an effort to reach rank 1, as the Stalingrad depleted my steel reserve. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,596 posts
24,873 battles
21 hours ago, Miblogdegolf said:

This...

@OP I reached R8 and will likely call it a day for this season, maybe I venture there a bit more to re-grind my DDs in last couple of days the seaon runs but doubtful TBH, I just dont stress about that BS anymore as the ranking system in this game has absolutely nothing to do with ranking individual performance as such and I am not eyballing any steel ship at the moment either

• Cool 2

Players
270 posts
5,840 battles

When you get abuse for 150k damage, kraken, HC, Confederate and Dreadnought, but end up in a defeat because you were "a useless Russian camper", by a DD running up the B line then you start to think is it worth it.

When another DD deliberately runs into a Myoko team-mate's torps because he "should have spotted for me in my smoke", you think even more it's not worth it.

When you spot the entire opposition team in Fiji, the ENTIRE TEAM, there were no DDs, and secure a cap and smoke up both your battleships who continued to fire when they could have been healing fire damage and hear the terrible "you are the last hope", message but get blamed for losing by 6 points, you know it's not worth it.

I'm a decent team player, I'm not good enough to carry teams consistently and I'm definitely no super-unicum so I get to Rank 10 and collect flags and whatever then drop in irregularly but without expectation of gooing further.

I am however considering purchasing my first ever premium ship for actual cold hard cash, have JB etc. for next season in Massachusetts, I'll never learn!!!

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,596 posts
24,873 battles
9 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

When you get abuse for 150k damage, kraken, HC, Confederate and Dreadnought, but end up in a defeat because you were "a useless Russian camper", by a DD running up the B line then you start to think is it worth it.

Not being able to comment specific situation and although are likely just salt I do have to tell you that his comment might be valid as well, farming damage from safety instead of pushing at the moment the scales should have been tipped for instance by deleting a radar cruiser can be a reason team loses, achievements you listed mean nothing as such since they only testify you can hit a target and manage DCP, it says nothing about your overall tactics being adequate in that match

[LUZ1]
Players
680 posts
11,640 battles
On 6/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, Alfa_Tau said:

Hello Everyone

today I want to share with you my recent experience in Ranked Batlles. 

Chapt. 1

Yesterday during a battle in my Fiji I was short in HP and the match was going to end in 5 miuntes . Trying to contest a cap I decide to smoke and all of a suddenn … 

BOOM I am dead. 

BUT it wasn't the enemy to kill me but the Sinop in my team. Apparently he wassn't happy with my choice during the battle.

The sad thing is that we lost but we could have won the game. 

---------------

Chapt. 2

today during a battle on of the DD in my team, deliberately killed another DD cause they were arguing about the wrong/right tactic to follow. 

Game was even cuase now we lost 2 DD and same happened to enemy team. 

A few moment later Sinop  in our team gunned a York also in our team, cause he was (thaty was true) camping all time behind an island.

Some how even with this great effort of team play we managed to win the battle.

_______

Question

I got chat banned Yesterday for apparent miscoduit. 

What kind of penalty this players should receive,?? 

Ranked is a competion therefore i would like to see those who turned  "pink" during a ranked battle to be banned for some time :

Example:

1st time 12 hours (any one can make a mistake in Landing a torp)

2nd time 1 Day (people should be more careful having already done 1 mistake)

3rd time 3 days (perhaps this kind of palyers are too used to play coop)

4th time one week (now u really should make amendment)

5 th time you will be banned for the current season.

I will gladly read your opinion as the trend I see it's worrying me.

To boldly go where no team game has ever gone before (cue in Star Trek theme music) :Smile_bajan2::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
680 posts
11,640 battles
21 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

When another DD deliberately runs into a Myoko team-mate's torps because he "should have spotted for me in my smoke", you think even more it's not worth it.

When you spot the entire opposition team in Fiji, the ENTIRE TEAM, there were no DDs, and secure a cap and smoke up both your battleships who continued to fire when they could have been healing fire damage and hear the terrible "you are the last hope", message but get blamed for losing by 6 points, you know it's not worth it.

I'm a decent team player, I'm not good enough to carry teams consistently and I'm definitely no super-unicum so I get to Rank 10 and collect flags and whatever then drop in irregularly but without expectation of gooing further.

I am however considering purchasing my first ever premium ship for actual cold hard cash, have JB etc. for next season in Massachusetts, I'll never learn!!!

The definition of madness is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Players
270 posts
5,840 battles
7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Not being able to comment specific situation and although are likely just salt I do have to tell you that his comment might be valid as well, farming damage from safety instead of pushing at the moment the scales should have been tipped for instance by deleting a radar cruiser can be a reason team loses, achievements you listed mean nothing as such since they only testify you can hit a target and manage DCP, it says nothing about your overall tactics being adequate in that match

A fair point, but having tanked that much I should have added I capped once as well, there was no shooting from safety, not my style, but if he'd been involved in the battle and fought I would not have bothered at all, but running around the edge and seemingly expecting others to win for him was what grated particularly when he secured under 300xp. 

Players
270 posts
5,840 battles
7 hours ago, Camperdown said:

The definition of madness is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result :cap_haloween:

You are, of course, spot on!!!! :D

[ADR-E]
Players
17 posts
6,844 battles

Ranked is just randoms with fewer ships, angrier people and some element of progression from one game to the next.  Whether people take either one more seriously or not or whether there is any more or less teamwork in either one is entirely up to them.  Personally I take randoms more seriously and play ranked just to get a few signals from the 'low hanging fruit' levels or until it gets too boring.   I don't shoot team-mates (deliberately) in either form of the game though, that's just a mentality issue nothing really to do with random or ranked, except, as I say there's more 'angry little kid, toys out of the pram' people in ranked, percentage-wise.

[-YR-]
Players
633 posts
16 minutes ago, glamdring27 said:

Ranked is just randoms with fewer ships, angrier people and some element of progression from one game to the next.  Whether people take either one more seriously or not or whether there is any more or less teamwork in either one is entirely up to them.  Personally I take randoms more seriously and play ranked just to get a few signals from the 'low hanging fruit' levels or until it gets too boring.   I don't shoot team-mates (deliberately) in either form of the game though, that's just a mentality issue nothing really to do with random or ranked, except, as I say there's more 'angry little kid, toys out of the pram' people in ranked, percentage-wise.

Well let me answer to you . 

My motivation in playing ranked is NOT due to the will of showing my "masterclass" that I DON?T HAVE. 

I play ranked cause I want to collect STEEL. Other rewards are nice but they are something a decent player with premium account and premium ships can obtain simply playing. 

Now I consider myself a GOOD team player. I know when to sacrifice and taking a few hits to get a good position or to help a team mate. 

What I notice in ranked is many simply don't understand this simple fact. Everyone wants to be right about the tactic to follow and the consequence is that often some players start a verbal battle with Others,

I have seen a couple of time an angry player walk away from the battle leaving his team in the most needed time.

Now to conclude, some people simply should not play ranked ot at least they should play max to ranked 10. 

To go further require motivation and team spirit. 

[ADR-E]
Players
17 posts
6,844 battles

Still doesn't make it different to randoms.  People are allowed their own motivations for whichever game type they choose.  People who only play for wins don't like that, but it is still the case!  People argue over tactics and do stupid things in both ranked and randoms.  In both cases though there is no 'team', just some other players you happen to have been grouped with.  Clan battles is the only team form of the game where people actually care about others on their team getting a win.  In randoms or ranked most people don't care what the motivations are of those other 6 or 11 players.  That isn't going to change.  So people have to either work around it or complain about it and get annoyed.

Players
619 posts

Dear lord there are a lot of salty ppl in Premium League. Got past R5 yesterday and up to that point chat has been more constructive than toxic. But the last league, holy crap!

Sign in to follow this