You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_titan_onsters

Getting chat banned for no reason

12 comments in this topic

Question

Players
4 posts
4,818 battles

i am now starting to getting used to to getting chat banned for no reason. I can provide all the replays of all of my games of the current patch as proof that I do not use abusive language and don't insult others. yet they chat ban me for 15 to 20 days and this is happening for like 5 months now.i get chat banned after its lifted within a week the message again appears that I am chat banned again reason using insults. again I am saying on solid grounds that I can provide all the proof necessary to support my question why on earth I get chat banned despite I literally do nothing

11 answers to this question

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

You can contact customer support or one of our community managers. They will happily provide you with the reason why you are chatbanned.

15 to 20 day bans are given to you manually by a support staff member. You can get chatbans not only for your chat in battle but also for any other chat channel in your port.

@MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

Those are the contacts of your choice.

During my time in WoWs I have seen exactly one case, out of hundreds who claimed to be innocent angels, whos ban was unjustified. In all other cases it was well deserved.

• Cool 2

[-YR-]
Players
631 posts

I t happened the same to me Yesterday moirning

After 7 games and 6 win )son no reason at all from my side to miss behave in chat) I played a battle and suddenly realize I was chatbanned. 

Curiosly in previous game I had  a very good battle and 4 kils, which lead me to think that some of those players decided to have their Revenge using the report system.

Nothing new under the sun.. 

This topic has already been faced but apparently WG Cant't find a better os more accurate system. 

In the meantime u see people with nick names that reflect very questionable politc/historical opinion and they get away with it… 

:Smile_honoring:

Players
4 posts
4,818 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

You can contact customer support or one of our community managers. They will happily provide you with the reason why you are chatbanned.

15 to 20 day bans are given to you manually by a support staff member. You can get chatbans not only for your chat in battle but also for any other chat channel in your port.

@MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

Those are the contacts of your choice.

During my time in WoWs I have seen exactly one case, out of hundreds who claimed to be innocent angels, whos ban was unjustified. In all other cases it was well deserved.

well i said in my question if you want proof I will give you all of the replay files sacked up in my wows folder. And let me tell you an example which will give you the idea of my behaviour. I have friends from Germany who actually give me premium ships as gifts for behaving nice and being a good friend well I often get compliments for my good behaviours and just last month I got a Tirpitz as gift. catch I don't personally know them they just like my play style and my behaviour. so I guess I made my attitude clear I tend to be polite guy with a very happy attitude towards others.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, The_titan_onsters said:

yet they chat ban me for 15 to 20 days

That length? There's most definitely a reason behind those bans. 24h ban can be without a reason, anything longer is directly from you actually misbehaving in chat

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,781 posts
8,898 battles
2 hours ago, The_titan_onsters said:

I can provide all the replays of all of my games of the current patch as proof that I do not use abusive language and don't insult others.

I bet the chat logs of Wargaming will prove you wrong! 

Everything over 3 days of chat bans are manual chat bans, meaning that there is an employee personal looking over your chat behaviour. 

Maybe you just forgot what are insults and what not? 

[CATS]
Players
26,832 posts
14,389 battles
54 minutes ago, The_titan_onsters said:

well i said in my question if you want proof I will give you all of the replay files sacked up in my wows folder. And let me tell you an example which will give you the idea of my behaviour. I have friends from Germany who actually give me premium ships as gifts for behaving nice and being a good friend well I often get compliments for my good behaviours and just last month I got a Tirpitz as gift. catch I don't personally know them they just like my play style and my behaviour. so I guess I made my attitude clear I tend to be polite guy with a very happy attitude towards others.

WG has the complete logs and not only the ones you feel comfortable to show us.

Players
4 posts
4,818 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

WG has the complete logs and not only the ones you feel comfortable to show us.

well that solves it all. Let them check it all through. All i want is to get this problem solved that's it. Even if it takes to check my logs and stuff i have no problem with it as i know what and how i am.

Players
4 posts
4,818 battles
15 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I bet the chat logs of Wargaming will prove you wrong! 

Everything over 3 days of chat bans are manual chat bans, meaning that there is an employee personal looking over your chat behaviour. 

Maybe you just forgot what are insults and what not? 

well i dont insult others not at all but i use my mic to talk to my friends i divisions with them and yes sometimes i might use some Hindi bad words but most of the time i use discord so well nothing i type and i battle i offer my suggestions so well. I hope this problem is solved

[CATS]
Players
26,832 posts
14,389 battles
6 minutes ago, The_titan_onsters said:

well that solves it all. Let them check it all through. All i want is to get this problem solved that's it. Even if it takes to check my logs and stuff i have no problem with it as i know what and how i am.

99% of the people thinking like you were wrong.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,781 posts
8,898 battles

If you would be innocent as you claim, you wouldn't get chat banned! 

In 10 out of 10 times WG could prove that the chat ban was deserved. 

@Crysantos

Is he the victim of false chat bans or ain't his chat be as nice as he tries to claim?

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,056 posts
6,531 battles

Thread closed.

Bans longer than 3 days are usually manual chatbans or at least manually apporved chat bans. If it happens regularly, it's also most likely not a mistake of the system (a single mistake may happen, it's impossible to prevent that but mutliple mistakes like that are really unlikely).

I'm pretty sure that the chat bans were not unjustified if you receive them so often.