You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OM40

Clan battles season 9

Clan battles season 9  

1,457 members have voted

1. 1. do you play clan battles?

2. 2. How many games you played this season?

3. 3. how do you rate your experience

4. 4. fun scale from 1 to 5,1 being the worst, how fun did you find this season?

5. 5. which class is in dire need of a rework/balans/exclusion to save the clan battles format?

6. 6. have you considered stop playing the game?

7. 7. have you stopped playing the game?

8. 8. do you think WG cares about our feedback?

634 comments in this topic

[TORAZ]
Players
6 posts
15,032 battles

To give some Justifications to the decisions I made on the poll here are my reasons why.

I have played many battles this season with CKBK most likely over 100 at least it feels that way and I had the "fortune" of being the carrier player. (to my dismay)

I chose my experience as bad and fun rating as two because although this season was terrible and I never wanted to play another battle in it even to the point of actively avoiding wows it still could have been a season worse than it was.

As for class balancing in CBs I feel all classes should be balanced hard caps on the number of Cruisers/Destroyers should be introduced in order to avoid teams that exclude certain classes such as all cruiser setup this season especially had very little use of Destroyers/Battleships and seeing the team consist of one carrier and 6 cruisers doesn't sit well with me why are you limited to only one-two battleship(s) when cruisers and destroyers get unlimited restrictions?

About playing the game though I've played the bare minimum of CBs since I got my rewards and we got into the Hurricane rating I wish I could have played more for my teammates still in the field trying to get their rewards CBs aside I got R1 this season as fast as possible and played the bare minimum to do the Russian event aside from that I've been avoiding wows for newly released/updated games that aren't wows.

And finally about feedback I really do hope the development studio and all community teams take all feedback seriously even if it is the ridiculous ramblings of an upset players however some decisions that come from the news game balance and the lacking content catering to the existing player-base have me extremely worried for the future of wows which is unfortunate because I have enjoyed the game for many years and have made purchases and would definitely continue to make purchases if I deemed them worthy however all the recent content doesn't have me excited or impressed in the slightest.

Thank you for taking the time to read I hope our efforts can make CBs more enjoyable for everyone involved.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[CN_]
Players
102 posts
12,092 battles

I mostly agree with the points being made by OM40. This season/meta forces you to play 1 specific lineup and a extremely passive playstyle (or the get out of jail free card / Venezia), which basically makes this season as plain as CBs have been since we started with them.

For me personally this meant playing a minimum amount of clan battles, which where just not enjoyable at all. This also effected the amount of random battles I played, as the game in general felt worse then previous seasons (so yes, my experience with clan battles also affect how I experience the game in general).

• Cool 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
534 posts
6,955 battles

This was my first CW season, it was okay as an experience but overall felt rather sluggish. Got some steel, 30 days of premium and halfway to the clan token.

Everyone I played with said this season was bad.

I only played CVs and got bullied.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[OM]
Players
1,013 posts
22,447 battles

good post thumbs up!

...but at the end of the day wg will go down on his knees and will ask the mighty spreadsheet.....

• Funny 5

[OM-G]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
534 posts
13,591 battles

from my pov there are some mistakes in that post, however i feel some things too

-there is no omnispot wiht current cvs, he can just spot one part of the map very good. Otherside enjoys darkness

-no island camping anymore

-standing nose in ships driving backwards are rare to see

-capping lost even more of its point

-some teams played with bbs till hurricane

-venzias got crap dpm, they get outraded by nearly any cruiser (if you dont show side`)

If team did run 6 venezias comp all time then they are mostlikely successfull and not bored enough to change it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 2

[-OOF-]
Players
53 posts
14,853 battles

Couldn’t agree more, I normally put in 200+ CBS a season because I really enjoy the mode but this season I’ve not 140 and that’s one of the best in the clan, this season just hasn’t been fun atall; and AA is just so pointless, having 3 ships tucked in together and the CV still getting off it’s drop is insanity.

i also agree with @IDevourer and think there should be a limit on the amount of each ships people can take, you’ve always had the limit on BBs and now BB or CV but nothing else, this would have the added effect of stopping the full kleber/ DD line ups if we ever get a season without CV again 

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

I placed my experience at Average and ''fun'' at 2. It was hard for me to have fun this season, and Haku was my most played ship by a huge margin. 

I chose Average because there were still some highs which raised the whole experience, but that was mostly due to our players rather than having anything to do with CBs itself.

I guess playing with friends just makes everything better, you get me?

But yes, on the whole this season was shitty. Let's have some more regular-style CBs for a while please.  

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
15,290 battles

Venezias arent too strong. The only thing is that all counters against Venezias (DM for example) get countered by a unfortunate 25,5k from above. Thats why Venezia also shines this season. I agree on OM40s point that CBs turned in a SAP farmfiesta, which isnt particulary fun.

I didnt stop playing WoWs, but reduced it to a minimum in favor of Civ5 and such. CBs always were a highlight in the evening. An event I looked forward to, but that isnt the case anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,816 battles

And why any other season is different? You get to the same island with your Desmo and sit behind it. Every game, 5 weeks staright. Or spam Kleber, or Henry.

As soon as the meta settles its always 3-4 ships.

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Players
15 posts
11,027 battles
3 minutes ago, Pinkcamouflage said:

Venezias arent too strong. The only thing is that all counters against Venezias (DM for example) get countered by a unfortunate 25,5k from above. Thats why Venezia also shines this season. I agree on OM40s point that CBs turned in a SAP farmfiesta, which isnt particulary fun.

I didnt stop playing WoWs, but reduced it to a minimum in favor of Civ5 and such. CBs always were a highlight in the evening. An event I looked forward to, but that isnt the case anymore.

Civ 6 is better

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[TORAZ]
Players
491 posts
26,635 battles
1 minute ago, kfa said:

And why any other season is different? You get to the same island with your Desmo and sit behind it. Every game, 5 weeks staright. Or spam Kleber, or Henry.

As soon as the meta settles its always 3-4 ships.

yet diversity between Clans and even teams within clans was there, now its just hak venisizia stalin everywhere 

• Cool 2

[CKBK]
Players
1 post
8,133 battles

Played the season with EXCEL, reached Typhoon with them. We played with a Haku 4 Venezias 2 Stalin setup.

I would have have stopped playing earlier in the season if it wasn't for the other guys wanting to play and my own ambitions to at least reach Typhoon with them.

And i definitely didn´t enjoy to be stuck in a certain ship, namely Venezia, just because it can delay a CV having its way with me. Not gonna talk about the other 6 ships that will farm me down thanks to the perma spot.

If CVs have to be part of upcoming seasons, for whatever reason,  their spotting should at least be limited. But as long as Haku is able to drop for over 20k through aa blobs im certainly not motivated at all to take part in it and just be a punching bag for them. I might as well experience that in randoms.

Just my biased 2 cents ofc.

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,024 battles

Wg cannot even do as they said, and everybody knows that. So, i will just leave this here, pay attention to the last paragraph. 

Screenshot_20200607_104358.jpg

• Funny 10

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
7 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Wg cannot even do as they said, and everybidy knows that. So, i will jist leave this here, pay attention to the last paragraph. 

Screenshot_20200607_104358.jpg

Dunno, everything that posted in this WG response makes sense to me.

Especially the last paragraph.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-VIS-]
Players
4 posts
15,520 battles

worst thing is the diversity in tactics and lineups, remove CVs out of competitive and everything will be fine.

Oh, don't even think about adding subs to competitive

• Cool 6

Players
203 posts
26,307 battles

If Venezia was the way to get in to hurricane, then I was right all along. 

From this average player perspective, I've found this seasons CB to be challenging and informative. As a CV and Venezia Capt, What my team mates did in randoms was quickly exposed in CBs and was corrected so they learned how to play in a different way. 

The key here is WG had to put CVs in CBs to learn more, and now they have feedback and data to make a more informed decision. 

A formatted approach by nation and type, which has already been mentioned, looks a more favourable approach to the next CB season. 1x BB, 4x CAs, 2x DDs will make for more interesting battles.

Example:

G. Kurfurst

Venezia

Stalingrad

Des Moines

Zao

Halland

Daring

But...once the top clans find the magic configuration, is it any difference from this or previous seasons?

If the top teams players find it boring, then can I suggest you drop, the win at all costs mindset a few times, and mix things up a bit. You know Worcester/Mino combo or Smolensk spam fest. :cap_rambo:

Look ma' me telling the pros how to have fun :cap_wander::cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
2 minutes ago, KinderPaneGioik said:

worst thing is the diversity in tactics and lineups, remove CVs out of competitive and everything will be fine.

Oh, don't even think about adding subs to competitive

Indeed, so everyone can go back to their "strategical game play", AKA park a cruiser behind every island on the map and play Island campfest, the epitome of dynamic gameplay.

Great stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[-VIS-]
Players
4 posts
15,520 battles
1 minute ago, steveraptor said:

Indeed, so everyone can go back to their "strategical game play", AKA park a cruiser behind every island on the map and play Island campfest, the epitome of dynamic gameplay.

Great stuff.

it's not campfest man, I don't know Wich level of competitive you play at, but it's called intelligent positioning. If you understood the game you wouldn't say such stupid things rn

• Cool 16
  • Funny 3

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,024 battles
3 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

Great stuff.

That still has more creativity and options than the current season. 

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,782 battles

I miss the question: Have you, or will you, stop playing CB next season if nothing changes?

I mean, i'm not stopping with the game yet. But if next CB season has CV's, big chance i'm not gonna commit again.

• Cool 10