Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Put CVs in a separate game mode

24 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
1,207 posts
40,371 battles

Currently every game I play i find CVs. Really it's killing the fun to find that amount of CV players are willing to play this awful ship class. Can WG put this annoying Sh!t class in a world of its own like Submarines?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

Players
2,779 posts
19,099 battles
34 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Currently every game I play i find CVs. Really it's killing the fun to find that amount of CV players are willing to play this awful ship class. Can WG put this annoying Sh!t class in a world of its own like Submarines?

Wouldnt the queue much like the sub test mode be filled with 100 cv players and bots?

• Funny 2

Players
2,888 posts

If WG gives me same bonuses and ability to have achievements I don't mind, I had fun in the sub mode.

[IBAN]
Players
68 posts

No Chance .. soon CVs will be chariots pull by SUBs racing around islands trying to achieve the Olympic Grief. 

All BB, CL & DD players will watch in the stands .. for like 5 minutes before finding something more entertaining to do with their time.

• Cool 2

[CROPS]
Players
514 posts
10,785 battles
1 hour ago, ABED1984 said:

I agree, DDs should get their own mode as well. I hate little pests when in a BB.

• Funny 3

[PNAVY]
Players
1,207 posts
40,371 battles
1 hour ago, B051LjKo said:

I agree, DDs should get their own mode as well. I hate little pests when in a BB.

As a BB player you have:-

* DDs

* Radar Cruisers.

Your argument is invalid.

2 hours ago, Europizza said:

Wouldnt the queue much like the sub test mode be filled with 100 cv players and bots?

WG can make some balance changes in the matchmaking. It's not an issue.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RODS]
Players
1,286 posts
7,258 battles
9 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

Good idea

CV:s  have for sure made the game a lot less enjoyable, damage dealing untouchable god ships.

I say to hell with the damned CV:s

Off topic:

As far as subs are concerned, can they be spawned close to the enemy CV:s ? Then maybe they are good for the game, if not the to hell with them too..

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
8 hours ago, B051LjKo said:

Ship. Ship. Ship. Aeroplane.

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things does not belong

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish this song?

Even a viewer of Sesame Street would be able to spot why CVs and not DDs should have their own game mode if anything should.

Imagine admitting publicly that one has less intellectual ability than a six year old.... ballsy move.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CROPS]
Players
514 posts
10,785 battles
6 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

As a BB player you have:-

* DDs

* Radar Cruisers.

Your argument is invalid.

WG can make some balance changes in the matchmaking. It's not an issue.

So you have AAA, priority sector, wasd hax and your own CV.

It would be so much morw fun if you did not had to hassle against DDs as a BB. The solution would be a separate game mode for DDs and HE spammers. Shooters behind the island should also get their game mode.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,797 posts
8,977 battles
31 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

So you have AAA, priority sector, wasd hax and your own CV.

It would be so much morw fun if you did not had to hassle against DDs as a BB. The solution would be a separate game mode for DDs and HE spammers. Shooters behind the island should also get their game mode.

Explain to me, what CVs bring to the table for the other classes?

Class interaction for DDs/BBs/CAs makes sense:

DDs want BBs to kill Cruisers.

BBs want Cruisers to kill DDs.

Cruisers want DDs to kill* BBs.

* Actually here its more the threat of torps keeping BBs back than actually killing them. As we know, DDs have lowest average damage out of all. If DDs would counter BBs, they should have the highest.

That interaction makes sense. All of them need the others.

Noone needs CVs. They are only griefing every other ship class in the game, while bringing absolutely NOTHING to the table. And subs do EXACTLY the same.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Players
1,695 posts
18,544 battles

I certainly wouldn't miss CVs, games without them are a lot more fun but sadly it's not going to happen it's just a pipe dream.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
2,707 posts
16,586 battles

Nope. Keep them. Finally got my Halland meme build to annoy all those tato CVs

[HOO]
Players
1,900 posts
3,736 battles
43 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Explain to me, what CVs bring to the table for the other classes?

Class interaction for DDs/BBs/CAs makes sense:

DDs want BBs to kill Cruisers.

BBs want Cruisers to kill DDs.

Cruisers want DDs to kill* BBs.

* Actually here its more the threat of torps keeping BBs back than actually killing them. As we know, DDs have lowest average damage out of all. If DDs would counter BBs, they should have the highest.

Noone needs CVs. They are only griefing every other ship class in the game, while bringing absolutely NOTHING to the table.

There are two real issues with CV's for me....

1 - Their ability to spot across the map quickly and with ease negates the benefits of concealment. For me concealment is everything in this damage orientated game. If you cannot be located you cannot be farmed for damage or killed. In a CV battle, pretty much from start both teams know where the enemy are and where they are going. It promotes campy BB play, as the average potato BB can sit back and take pot shots without having to worry about most things shooting back.

2 - CV engagement mechanics pitch the CV players skill, against a targets RNG (luck). Skill will always win over luck in the end. I applaud the skilled CV player, but it is frustrating pressing a couple of buttons and hoping my luck holds out against their skill. Add in the pain we all feel when our CV player is not skilled, and we are facing a good red player.

9 hours ago, B051LjKo said:

There is another way of looking at this too. There are many players (not me) who would say in response to you, BB's should be moved to their own game mode, let them camp, and take pot shots at each other all game.

I would much prefer to see, balanced ship classes in battles, where everyone has the chance to use their chosen ship as it should be.

WG is hung up on MM queue times and with some classes being much more popular than others - dependant on server region as well - we don't get class balanced games.

An idea might be for random battle MM to try and build balanced class battles as a preference. Anyone in the queue longer than the WG imposed time limit should then be placed in a battle specific to the class they are playing. So when there is a glut of BB's in queue, some get class balanced battles, some get BB only battles. If DD's are the glut, a DD only battle is formed, etc.

• Cool 4

[-LA-]
Players
675 posts
5,042 battles
10 hours ago, Europizza said:

hmm thats a good point , as a CV player i endorse this idea! 

9 hours ago, B051LjKo said:

oh hell yes lets let the fun police f off into thier own game mode to, that would be awesome!

Players
2,779 posts
19,099 battles
9 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

oh hell yes lets let the fun police f off into thier own game mode to, that would be awesome!

Implying battleships are fun to play in the first place :Smile_sceptic:

Spoiler

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 3

Players
242 posts
11,752 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Noone needs CVs. They are only griefing every other ship class in the game, while bringing absolutely NOTHING to the table. And subs do EXACTLY the same.

When you are not that good in Wows with the three classes you can still farm unicum PR with CVs. You forgot about that:Smile_Default:

• Funny 3

Players
25 posts
620 battles

I have a love and hate issue with CV in low tier

CV can do a suicide attack without costing them too much problem low tier, they just send out a different squad, and the damage one will be regen by the time

but CV is also our best friend when our DD go on suicide mission early while enemy team DD do their job

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
768 posts
3,632 battles

Maybe there should be a seperate mode where only BBs can play... Where the BBabies can batter each other unmolested by any of their perceived huge threats... Actually even I would enjoy that mode occasionally...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

I think it's an amazing idea, OP. I would reinstall in a heartbeat if I could have a non CV option. I'll take some extra waiting time in queue for it. 

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
9,693 posts
6,862 battles
12 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

1. No

2. Nope

3. Nopers

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,886 posts
10,496 battles
On 6/7/2020 at 2:01 AM, ABED1984 said:

It has been suggested many times in the past. 

You can find the discussion in here. 

Topic will be closed. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
2,577 posts
11,389 battles
14 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

It has been suggested many times in the past. 

You can find the discussion in here. 

Topic will be closed. 

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRg3pRpO6D0MGUgZBN1WSzRx-vnY-pYp4ZliTLlGjMyPW4eHBhe&usqp=CAU

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,886 posts
10,496 battles
2 minutes ago, pra3y said:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRg3pRpO6D0MGUgZBN1WSzRx-vnY-pYp4ZliTLlGjMyPW4eHBhe&usqp=CAU

:Smile_trollface:

No ninja! 

just not enough coffee on monday morning! 

• Funny 4