Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grimwill

As the Clan Battle season comes to end........

7 comments in this topic

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,455 battles

........... I wonder your thoughts on whether it was good, bad or ugly?

Myself, it was terrible, much worse than ugly - a stinking season made worse by CVs and their change to the meta that drove teams to choose the grand total of 4 ship picks. To create a season where picking 6 (you know what that is.......!) of the same ship alongside a CV - and it performing well is disgusting, and waters down the breadth and variety this game has to offer.

WG - you are ruining this game with the absurd imbalances you are introducing.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,296 battles

Terrible, worst season Ive played so far. Filled with bots and robots, people who have no idea what theyre doing, steamrolls and steamrolls.

Played the first few days and then gave up because I only got angry with it. Clanbattles have been ruined, random battles have been ruined for a long time and only gets worse and now ranked is ruined too. No PVE is playable, co-op is repetitive and too easy with too little rewards, operations have been destroyed and its only the same old things in rotation, same tiers.

Theres nothing in this game for me anymore, instead of WG realizing these issues they just keep copy-pasting ships and selling them as new ships, or make new lines with events designed to milk every last penny out of the playerbase they can. 

A big [edited]you to you WG for destroying a once great game with pure and utter greed, [edited]you.

• Cool 4

[POP]
Players
611 posts
12,021 battles
1 hour ago, Floofz said:

Terrible, worst season Ive played so far.

This.

It wasn't a surprise for those who had experienced the clan brawls with CVs before. Actually this was expected.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,918 battles

Worst CW season.WHY? Because it is literally the same thing over and over again minus the additional small tweaks, which this season was the addition of CV, which resulted in choosing ships that can crossfire,tank cv damage or can escape/manage to dodge without much difficulty the CV attacks. The result? Spam of venezia,staligrad and the occasional halland or some smoke/heal destroyers.Sit at long range and try to hit something,wait for someone to commit a mistake,try to take the cap and win/die. It was the same thing over and over:same rewards,mostly same maps,same format battle. CW needs an overhaul if it wants to survive, would be great to try adding conquering territories like in tank game, where up to 32 teams can fight for it, I believe? where some vehicles get blocked after being defeated/dead in battle,territories grant doubloons(gold in the tank game) some provide a higher income other a lower one,some territories can be fought by using T6 and T8 vehicles not T10 exclusive(another problem in wows CW).

But no just keep doing the same thing so you can earn steel to play the much fun and strong ship named shikishima. 

PS:WOT is considering banning any reward/premium vehicle from competitive, wows needs this.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

It was great! Despite working long hours, actively playing other games, or just watching some movie instead of playing WoWS I've managed to grind RM CAs and VMF CLs to t9 starting from tiers 1 and 4 respectively.

Turns out not playing CBs for 4x4h per week opens up a lot of time

• Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,842 posts
8,985 battles

Well, that season is basicly over (thank [edited]for that).

All i care is what happens now. Will WG give us some BS and justify the CV crap? Or will they see that it actually is bad. Maybe they will put CVs in again without change. Or with some changes. Or CBs at a different tier next time where no CVs are present? Thats what im interested in now.

If its again with CVs, and there is not even a spotting change, its the day i uninstall. (which wouldnt matter anyway, because the day subs enter randoms, i deinstall aswell - question is when it will happen)

[LEEUW]
Players
2,339 posts
10,110 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, that season is basicly over (thank [edited]for that).

All i care is what happens now. Will WG give us some BS and justify the CV crap? Or will they see that it actually is bad. Maybe they will put CVs in again without change. Or with some changes. Or CBs at a different tier next time where no CVs are present? Thats what im interested in now.

If its again with CVs, and there is not even a spotting change, its the day i uninstall. (which wouldnt matter anyway, because the day subs enter randoms, i deinstall aswell - question is when it will happen)

WG will probably take the inflated quarantine numbers to prove to us that we played more CBs than ever. And they'll probably take the large quantity of lower league battles with BBs to prove that cvs aren't OP in a 7v7 environment and that the venezia/stalingrad setups weren't as prevalent as we all claim.

Because let's face it: most players who play clanbattles are in the lower leagues and most of them play either 1) rental ships, 2) whatever tier 10s they have available, 3) the ships they like. The competetive meta of the higher leagues is played by only a small portion of the total clanbattle-playerbase. 

Above all, what made me quit after a few sessions was the predictability in the battles due to cv spotting which caused camping and boring gameplay. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this