Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

The Clemson.......

17 comments in this topic

Players
3,329 posts

Make me love this DD, she seems to have a popular following among the experienced pro's, so what is so special about her?

Out of the tier 4 DD's the German one and the Shenyang are my go to ones

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
409 posts
12,326 battles

It fathered the Benham

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,353 posts
10,110 battles

Clemson the OG sealclubber and statpadder. :crab:

Excellent firepower, good smokes, yolo-torp setup. What is not to like?

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,588 battles

And a million torpedoes with US smoke.

If the Hosho didn't exist this would be the most broken OP ship at tier 4.

• Cool 2

Players
4,495 posts
7,604 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

8 guns on Tier IV....

Only 6 of which can be fired at once.

Players
4,495 posts
7,604 battles

Compare and contrast to the Izyaslav and there's not a great deal of difference, I think a lot of Clemson's reputation comes from the fact that a lot of players have spare 10+ point USN captains that they can put on their tier 4 ship, which gives them a big advantage over other T4 DD players.

Also the ambush style gameplay works well at lower tiers so these two just work well at the tier.

• Cool 3

Players
299 posts
5,320 battles
16 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Compare and contrast to the Izyaslav and there's not a great deal of difference, I think a lot of Clemson's reputation comes from the fact that a lot of players have spare 10+ point USN captains that they can put on their tier 4 ship, which gives them a big advantage over other T4 DD players.

Also the ambush style gameplay works well at lower tiers so these two just work well at the tier.

Yep, that is exactly it. Just put a 19 point captain on the Clemson and "enjoy".

• Funny 4

[SM0KE]
Players
5,628 posts
13,906 battles
1 hour ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Make me love this DD, she seems to have a popular following among the experienced pro's, so what is so special about her?

Reminds me: I really ought to go back and have another go with Clemson. I hated her the first time I played her, but that was one of my earlier DDs and I don't think I had a very good captain, plus - of course - I was even more rubbish then than I am now...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,505 posts
17,401 battles
Vor 58 Minuten, Capra76 sagte:

I recently played her with a 3 point and later a 6 point captain and she still rocks. Thus having said she grows stronger with a better captain, giving her an edge.

• Cool 3

Players
3,329 posts

Ok thanks for the replies apologies for my own late responses, I will giver her a shot later on, been trying to coach a new player (real life friend:Smile_veryhappy:) in the game, I can here the jokes coming i right now but his stats are going be stellar, lol

[THESO]
Players
4,089 posts

Clemson was a god.

I spent loads of time at low tiers because of this ship.

But T4 is a CV fiesta now... not fun anymore for me. But I feel the same with all tiers tbh at this stage...

• Cool 1

Players
901 posts
10,043 battles
14 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Reminds me: I really ought to go back and have another go with Clemson. I hated her the first time I played her, but that was one of my earlier DDs and I don't think I had a very good captain, plus - of course - I was even more rubbish then than I am now...

The six guns are just silly, but I really liked the Russian and Pan Asian boats more.  5 guns and 9 tubers on the centreline is ridiculous. Shenyang on the other hand has long range torps and excellent speed. The guns are 5" and very flat shooting,  the same gun as the Nicolas.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
36 posts
8,168 battles

There's a reason they call this thing the "clubson". Even years of powercreep hasn't affected her that much and you can utterly wreck everybody with the tools you have especially if you are in mind to go clubbing so to speak.

• Cool 1