Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Trael_

Bug (recent): Language with European DDs

3 comments in this topic

[SPURD]
Players
2 posts
4,395 battles

Hi

Edit: Tl'Dr: Swedish DDs are currently incorrectly set to use english captain voices, instead of whatever is selected in "Voiceover Language".

One of recent (possibly one at start or just before current soviet cruisers event) patches seemed to accidentally hardset Swedish DDs (European ships) to use English voicelines.

Earlier they were not set to any spesific, so player could choose what language they used by choosing "Voiceover language" and still have every nation/commander that had actual correct laguage voicelines still use proper ones, by setting "Voiceover modification" to 'National voiceover' / 'National voiceover +'.

How ever currently European captains think they are hardcoded english users and will not honor "Voiceover language" setting, instead pulling english from "Voiceover modification"

I assume it is just one line in their config that accidentally got added or added tag pointing to uk/us english (not sure if it is one or other).

I would like to get my non english speaking swedes back. Thank you. :)

(As I know only basic basics of swedish myself, I have been setting my base language to simillar enough flow language that I know quite simillarly poorly and gotten better immersion compared to them just tossing around their boring and very noticeably english voicelines. After all every single other ship line I have has their own language voicelines in game and will take proper language from "voiceover modification".)

Searched forums and other bug reports for while, and could not find any posts about this. So sorry if it is repost, but at least I tried and failed avoiding reposting in that case.

(Adding couple of words related to issue here, so anyone else searching for report of this will find this post instead of making new one: Swedish captain voicelines language english Sweden wrong radial voice speech)

-Trael

[POP]
Beta Tester
190 posts
9,160 battles

I'm not sure I quite follow? You use a mod for Swedish voiceovers and now it doesn't work? That's mods problem, not WGs. If there's Swedish voicelines in game natively then I wasn't aware of that. My pan-EU captains speak Dutch on Friesland and English on Swedish boats.

[SPURD]
Players
2 posts
4,395 battles

I do not use mod. I use ingame option to select what voiceover I am using.

And in recent patch game set all Eu captains (at least on Swedish boats) to always use english if "national +" is selected.

Problem is that they do not speak English as main language in Sweden. Earlier I was able to set them to use whatever language I wanted from list of voicelines game has. Sure there was no sweden, but to be honest Italian voice sound about 5x more swedish to me that english ones.

It is relateively small issue and issue that hopefully gets solved by them adding swedish voicelines at some point. But still annoyance as english voicelines are one of most boring ones and on swedish boat kind of kill some of mood.

Maybe I should see if someone has mod for voiceovers. Also thx for info that captain voicelines not being hardcoded to captain, but that the can actually change based on what ship said captain is in. :)

Maybe one day I will learn to write understandable english. :)

Sign in to follow this