Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Got Pink status because server is unstable (again)

26 comments in this topic

Players
3,448 posts
4,959 battles

So, my log in screen was stuck in that process for about 15+ minutes right when I started to play Co op.

And on my not so surprise I got Pinky for ''quiting'' game early.

shot-20-06-06-05-39-43-0797.jpg

Really. I dont know what to say anymore about this server DC's that are happening way to offen.

Anyone else have this ''fun time'' in the game?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

So, my log in screen was stuck in that process for about 15+ minutes right when I started to play Co op.

And on my not so surprise I got Pinky for ''quiting'' game early.

shot-20-06-06-05-39-43-0797.jpg

Really. I dont know what to say anymore about this server DC's that are happening way to offen.

Anyone else have this ''fun time'' in the game?

dc from battle self is very rare for me, are you sure that your connection is ok with eu server? what is your ms? if you ms is 100 or more then its not even close to be prefect

Players
2,254 posts

I can understand the frustration of the OP .. before having to use the crappy 'Game Centre' to get into game I simply clicked the World of Warships Icon on my taskbar; the game loaded and I played.

Now, I can be waiting to load into a game for up to five minutes at worst.

On average now I have issues logging in to one in every five games... at the load in point the clock ticks down and I am sitting their twiddling my thumbs not able to play... before the 'Game Centre' one in every twenty on a bad day.

@MrConway why was it necessary to change a system that worked better than the 'Game Centre' does now?

• Boring 1

Players
3,448 posts
4,959 battles
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

dc from battle self is very rare for me, are you sure that your connection is ok with eu server? what is your ms? if you ms is 100 or more then its not even close to be prefect

I had this problem and last month, like many other EU players (on my other thread).

Dont know how much is my ms nor how to check it but it shouldn't be big.

My router was working normal and I had these problems. Now when I have a fresh new router which I got few days ago, problem is still here.

This problem is on WG server side for sure, not us players.

54 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I can understand the frustration of the OP .. before having to use the crappy 'Game Centre' to get into game I simply clicked the World of Warships Icon on my taskbar; the game loaded and I played.

Now, I can be waiting to load into a game for up to five minutes at worst.

On average now I have issues logging in to one in every five games... at the load in point the clock ticks down and I am sitting their twiddling my thumbs not able to play... before the 'Game Centre' one in every twenty on a bad day.

What is worse, I had those DC's literaly before every Co op battle this morning. That was in about 10 minute episodes.

When next update goes live I wont spend my special signals for sure. I dont have them much anymore and I dont wanna use them and watch log in screen.

Players
2,903 posts

While testing Anshan torps (just got it after years of pondering if I should) I smacked a friendly dd not on purpose so I got pink. I laughed it off since it kinda answered my question on whether it has deep or not.

NOT.

sorry friendly dd :)

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
2,059 posts
7,991 battles

I honestly think they cut wows server budget it would explain the desync issue and the instability issues.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, lossi_2018 said:

While testing Anshan torps (just got it after years of pondering if I should) I smacked a friendly dd not on purpose so I got pink. I laughed it off since it kinda answered my question on whether it has deep or not.

NOT.

sorry friendly dd :)

• If they were DWTs that would be said to you in multiple locations in port
  • If they were DWTs that would be said on wiki
  • If they were DWTs that would be said while mouse-overing them in-game
  • If they were DWTs they'd say "can't hit target" when locking onto an enemy DD
  • If they were DWTs they'd have a different torpedo image - in port and in game
  • If they were DWTs they'd have a different indicator after you launch them
  • Anshan has never had DWTs in the nearly 4-and-a-half years since its release

Did you seriously need to torp an allied DD for that knowledge?

3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I got Pinky

Oh no, almost like that does absolutely nothing.

DCs are an actual problem. Don't make this issue about some useless name colour change for a couple games

• Bad 1

Players
2,254 posts
13 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

I honestly think they cut wows server budget it would explain the desync issue and the instability issues.

Well I know, they won't admit it obviously, but i know 8.0 cost them a fortune... 15 members of my Clan for a start and all were financial contributors.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

This problem is on WG server side for sure, not us players.

Make sure you run a ping plotter to see the path between your PC and the game server.

In the past I've had problems with servers along the way.  If it was just the game server then a lot more players would be affected and the forum would be flooded with threads and posts on the topic.

It's free and there are details here:  https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10252/

• Cool 1

Players
2,911 posts
15,218 battles
4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

Make sure you run a ping plotter to see the path between your PC and the game server.

In the past I've had problems with servers along the way.  If it was just the game server then a lot more players would be affected and the forum would be flooded with threads and posts on the topic.

Do you really don't read the constant WG warnings at this forum about having problems with their servers, or the big dessync problems many people post? The servers are trash, and it seems you don't want to be aware of this.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
1 minute ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Do you really don't read the constant WG warnings at this forum about having problems with their servers, or the big dessync problems many people post? The servers are trash, and it seems you don't want to be aware of this.

yes i know that one guy posted the video with desync. that one video cant fix this issue. its not that simple because its not happening all the time

Players
2,911 posts
15,218 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

yes i know that one guy posted the video with desync. that one video cant fix this issue. its not that simple because its not happening all the time

It's happening very often, and there are some more videos about it. In fact, I never played a game with such bad servers. They don't want to invest, that's all. 

[HOO]
Players
1,904 posts
3,753 battles
2 hours ago, piet11111 said:

Don't think so. I reckon they took some of the servers in the cluster and dedicated them to the sub battle mode, so more stress on the other servers. Also since most of Europe started lock downs, internet usage has gone through the roof, so there is much more traffic using the available bandwidth. It only takes a surge in demand in particular areas and we start getting desync issues.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,904 posts
3,753 battles
25 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

It's happening very often, and there are some more videos about it. In fact, I never played a game with such bad servers. They don't want to invest, that's all. 

I doubt WG own the servers in the data centre the EU cluster is based in. I bet they rent them. The issue at the moment is everyone wants more capacity to cope with the increased demand for internet based services. The issue is more likely that the data centre only has a finite set of resources (available servers) that can be used, and they have multiple customers all wanting extra application capacity and bandwidth.

• Cool 1

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles
5 hours ago, gabberworld said:

what is your ms? if you ms is 100 or more then its not even close to be prefect

I'm sorry but that is very wrong and I see that mis-information mentioned a lot.

Lots of people, like myself, play with ping over 100ms with no issues, mine is 130ms because I play from Saudi over a 4G phone connection. What is far more important than the ping number itself is if there has been a change of ping i.e if it is normally 30ms and it jumps to 130ms that can be an indication of an issue.

However most importantly, even above ping, is "packet loss" where the messages sent between you and the server cluster gets "lost" and the only the way to see that is with a program like PingPlotter which can trace the packets route and see if any went missing and where it happens if they are.

For info the Ping number shown ingame is only the speed from your PC to Server whilst route tracing programs like PingPlotter give the Ping as a time taken for a full loop so PC - Server - PC meaning it's double the number shown in-game.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
8 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

play with ping over 100ms with no issues

i'm a network developer, and i have huge experience this stuff. now you say that you ping jump up and down. how should game server react for this issue? make game pause every time for you desync issue ?

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles
59 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Just because there are problems it does not mean that they affect everyone all the time.

Not everyone has DCs.  We may have dysnc problems at times though or it may just be bad aim.

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,322 battles

Funny.

I've been playing WoWs for almost five years on the same computer and been using the WGC since it was in alpha and I don't have any problems at all.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
6 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Funny.

I've been playing WoWs for almost five years on the same computer and been using the WGC since it was in alpha and I don't have any problems at all.

yes because there are complainers who not even close to EU servers, some players should play either asia russia or na servers but they play eu server and complain the issues

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles
12 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

i'm a network developer, and i have huge experience this stuff. now you say that you ping jump up and down. how should game server react for this issue? make game pause every time for you desync issue ?

No I didn't.

I said " Lots of people, like myself, play with ping over 100ms with no issues, mine is 130ms because I play from Saudi over a 4G phone connection" - my ping is stable at 130ms and does not "jump up and down" which is why I said "I have no issues" because my ping, even though it's 130ms, is stable.

I did say the same thing as you as well - I said that ping changing or "jumping up and down" IS a problem, shown in my quote below.

23 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

What is far more important than the ping number itself is if there has been a change of ping i.e if it is normally 30ms and it jumps to 130ms that can be an indication of an issue.

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles

anyway this game servers are not too bad compared with some others company game servers.

for example gta v servers is total nightmare

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,751 posts

For me this sort of problems usually occur on some particular day, meaning one day only and then no such problems for a while. Sometimes it is a server issue, but then it is affecting others as well. When it is just me, it has to be something with my DNS or in between that and the WG servers. Or just one more crappy Win 10 update downloading behind my back.

Players
2,903 posts
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Did you seriously need to torp an allied DD for that knowledge? 

Friendly poster, I didn't do it on purpose. I was aiming something else :)

And while I knew dat, I wasn't sure. You know you think you don't have and then a change kinda happens and you have solo warrior in yr grasp and the red dd is yoloying for de cap and you ambush it wit torps and the torps don't do anything? :D by the time you get over the shock he has torp you back haha :D 

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
2 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Or just one more crappy Win 10 update downloading behind my back.

correct, most regular people not even think about that issue because its running at background. 

Players
3,448 posts
4,959 battles
13 hours ago, piet11111 said:

I dont know why they would do that. WG makes tons of money from this game. Reducing servers would make no sense.

12 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

It's free and there are details here:  https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10252/

Im 100% sure its not on my end but fine, I did this ping check and its 34ms, which is normal for my location.

10 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Not everyone has DCs.  We may have dysnc problems at times though or it may just be bad aim.

Yes, they are random.

10 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Funny.

Im also from year 1 in this game and I didn't have this issue until May of this year when I returned from 2 years break.

9 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

For me this sort of problems usually occur on some particular day, meaning one day only and then no such problems for a while. Sometimes it is a server issue, but then it is affecting others as well. When it is just me, it has to be something with my DNS or in between that and the WG servers. Or just one more crappy Win 10 update downloading behind my back.

Win 10 is not the issue here. My W10 updates are blocked long time ago.

Sign in to follow this