You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Hamburg Dockyard: Build a Ship

150 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
1,547 posts

How to build cruiser Admiral Graf Spee, get a discount on battleship Odin, and gather all the available rewards! Read on for detailed instructions!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
1,254 posts
3,018 battles

While it's better than the Puerto Rico event, i hate the fact that the directives are, again, time-gated. This is my only complain. 

I'll see if i'll be able to get Graf Spee.

• Cool 5

Players
60 posts
5,800 battles

Whoops, another Puerto Rico scheme incoming... I seriously hope that you'll make this realistically possible for players to build, otherwise you might have a boycott on your hands.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,405 posts
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

the directives are, again, time-gated

but the time frame for the last directive is 3 weeks, so it should be quite "relaxed"

3 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

another Puerto Rico scheme incoming

obviously no...

4 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

I seriously hope that you'll make this realistically possible for players to build

the missions were published already several weeks ago

• Cool 4

[_FK_]
Players
208 posts
4,844 battles

This looks good so far:

- Prices are very clear up front, very clear what you need to spent to get Odin.

- Good communication about the stages and the rewards

- 3 weeks to complete the last directive, giving you some extra time in case you missed 1 or 2 weeks somewhere due to holidays.

It still depends on how insane the directives are, but so far: very well writen artice!

You learned from the PR feedback.

• Cool 7

[-GG-]
Players
316 posts
17,544 battles

Those who want to purchase the shipbuilding phases at a discount can obtain the Starter Pack, which includes the first eight shipbuilding phases, in exchange for 8,000 doubloons. However, you can only purchase it prior to completing the first shipbuilding phase by any other means.

In other words: 8000 dubloons for 8x250 steel ? Not bad ...

• Bad 1

Players
1,254 posts
3,018 battles
Proprio ora, Klopirat ha scritto:

but the time frame for the last directive is 3 weeks, so it should be quite "relaxed"

Sure, it's just that i don't like directives being time-gated in general.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-MMI-]
Players
13 posts
10,778 battles

If the sailors on deck are included with the War Paint camos, meaning they are not just render-exclusive and will be present in port (just like the ones of the Puerto Rico), it'll be more a great plus to justify the grind.

What a wonderful addition. Please, make them available for every ship, even just one would be enough. (I made this image for the subreddit a couple of months ago, look how easy is to grasp ship sizes now)

aojva9stw9l41.jpg

[NOIR]
Players
3 posts
6,203 battles

and if don`t use money... no way to finish the task

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

As I already have the Spee and the reward if you already own her just being credits, I'm not much hyped about this event. The total amount of other rewards, considering the length of the event are not exactly overwhelming either and one will probably earn much more than what's listed by playing normally. It's just a small bonus on top. All this might be nice for somewhat new players though.

At least this time you are open about the fact that you want players to spend money on the event. Veterans are sadly somewhat limited by this as there is nothing of new value in it for them, unless they pay.

As far as communication goes you did nothing wrong this time. Now it remains to be seen how far the missions have changed since you presented them in the devblog.

• Cool 5

[_FK_]
Players
208 posts
4,844 battles
Just now, Avantul said:

and if don`t use money... no way to finish the task

If you don't use money you get

- Graf Spee

- 7,500 coal

- 4 days premium time

- 15 cammo's

- 10.000 free xp

- 20 special signals

- 5 containers

Sounds pretty good to me?

And they do need money to keep the servers running, WG is not a charity.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
301 posts
15,796 battles
8 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

While it's better than the Puerto Rico event, i hate the fact that the directives are, again, time-gated. This is my only complain. 

I'll see if i'll be able to get Graf Spee.

Well it is looking more and more bad because if you want the starter pack you have to spent 8000 doubloons and if you want the Odin in the end you have to pay another 3500 doubloons so in the end you can spent up to 11000 doubloons for a mediocer BB that is more like a heavy cruiser.

[-T-O-]
[-T-O-]
Players
20 posts
11,576 battles

It's such a pity that health pool nerf on the Odin makes the ship virtually impossible to play, especially when up-tiered.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts
5 minutes ago, radius77 said:

Those who want to purchase the shipbuilding phases at a discount can obtain the Starter Pack, which includes the first eight shipbuilding phases, in exchange for 8,000 doubloons. However, you can only purchase it prior to completing the first shipbuilding phase by any other means.

In other words: 8000 dubloons for 8x250 steel ? Not bad ...

6 x 250 steel.

8 phases from the starter pack + 18 phases from directives = 26 phases in total, of which you need 20 to complete the odin. That makes a difference of 6 remaining.

As you need 3500 doubloons anyway to get the Odin, you are paying 4500 doubloons for potential 1500 steel. If you don't miss any directive or mission that advances the shipyard.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,405 posts
1 minute ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well it is looking more and more bad because if you want the starter pack you have to spent 8000 doubloons and if you want the Odin in the end you have to pay another 3500 doubloons

If you buy the starter pack you won't need to spent another 3500 doubloons (as long as you finish all directives of course)

• Cool 1

[SN3K]
Players
29 posts
9,260 battles
3 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well it is looking more and more bad because if you want the starter pack you have to spent 8000 doubloons and if you want the Odin in the end you have to pay another 3500 doubloons so in the end you can spent up to 11000 doubloons for a mediocer BB that is more like a heavy cruiser.

If you buy the starter pack you don't need to buy anything anymore, since you can complete 18 stages for playing and you buy yourself 8 stages

18+8=26 -> so you don't even need to finish all directives.

• Cool 2

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
301 posts
15,796 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, Klopirat said:

If you buy the starter pack you won't need to spent another 3500 doubloons (as long as you finish all directives of course)

Yes you do because stage 19 and 20 is for 1750 doubloons each and if you click at the link and read rules of event you can clearly se that you can up to stages 18 and than you have to spent 3500 doubloons for the last 2 stages

• Bad 5

[NOIR]
Players
3 posts
6,203 battles
4 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

If you don't use money you get

- Graf Spee

- 7,500 coal

- 4 days premium time

- 15 cammo's

- 10.000 free xp

- 20 special signals

- 5 containers

Sounds pretty good to me?

And they do need money to keep the servers running, WG is not a charity.

do we need to cry for poor WG ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[O-R-P]
Players
2,071 posts
19,039 battles
9 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

Whoops, another Puerto Rico scheme incoming... I seriously hope that you'll make this realistically possible for players to build, otherwise you might have a boycott on your hands.

The missions were posted ealier ( even month ago ) and if they didn't changed them they are really really tamed in comparison to the infamous PR.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

Yes you do because stage 19 and 20 is for 1750 doubloons each

Every stage can be bought for 1750 doubloons. Or with a shipbuilding reward from a mission, directive, or the starter pack.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,405 posts

Yes you do because stage 19 and 20 is for 1750 doubloons each

only if you haven't bought stages before...all stages have the same "value", so if you buy the first eight stages with the starter pack, the "earned stages" will compelete the remaining ones...