Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Szeksp

Divisions in ranked battles

7 comments in this topic

[GPC]
Players
1 post
680 battles

Am i the only one thinking that without divisions/any ways of grouping ranked play is really boring? :)

In League you have solo/duo que - i don't really understand why divisions of 2 would be forbidden in 7v7 scenario.

I understand the purity of "we all que alone". 

I have a friend i play with and it would be awesome to try climbing with him tho. Duo's are an important part of the experience for me - and it sucks that when we go for rankeds we are both on-line but can't play together.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,933 battles

Divisions can either be too good or too bad. 

If you have a good division on your team it makes winning easier, but a bad division will drag you down. 

So no thanks. 

Besides, WG already said that divisions are not something they even consider for ranked. 

Ranked sprint on the other hand allows divisions. 

Also, if all you want to do is play together, play randoms, coop or OPs. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
1 post
3,075 battles

I personally feel like Ranked isn't worth attempting alone. You simply have too many incompetent allies to the point where even a Unicum struggles to carry the team. You can win a couple stars in a few days only to lose all that progress in a single session. Not because you did poorly, but because your team was bad. I've had a time where 3 games in a row I tanked well in a BB, held the center, did damage, got kills, and we still lost because my teammates were driving themselves into kill zones or choosing to broadside stationary sinops at close range for no reason. It's ridiculous to the point where I almost wanted to label it as throwing.

It doesn't help that, despite all this effort, I still lose my stars because someone snagged enough points from kills or just lasted longer to get extra points of damage. It makes ranked not fun and just infuriating to do alone. I can't tell you how many times I've had teammates below 50% win rate tell me I don't know how to play the game. Which is ironic when it's coming from people who's win rates are at least 10% lower than mine or even lower than that. If there's one thing ranked does, it shows how the average player in WoWs really is incompetent. I don't like saying that, but the spectacles I've seen in ranked make it increasingly hard to deny.

I'd honestly love to do ranked with a friend via divisions. At least then I have someone that will actually communicate, worked together, and won't get themselves killed 2 minutes in. It would make the matches a little more fun and a little less stressful. I actually found Ranked Sprint to be more fun than Ranked itself, especially the arms race one. Regular Ranked is just a nightmare to do alone and the frustration from continually terrible teammates has reached a point where I simply do not want to play Ranked anymore on my own. It's impossible to carry an entire team that potatoes and broadsides to stationary battleships at close range. We're at the point where front line tanking over 2.4 million at tier 7, in ranked 7v7, with all your heals burned and almost double your HP in damage sustained is still not enough to carry a team. I honestly don't know what else to say other than that I'm getting royally messed up by Matchmaking perhaps?

In closing statement, I personally agree that Ranked becomes increasingly boring when you're unable to group up and do it together with a friend. I found ranked sprint with a friend more fun than solo ranked, which says something about the entertainment value. It's too frustrating to have so many unknowns on your side every time and be continually, if endlessly, disappointed. Having a friend would, at least, eliminate one unknown and at least then you have someone to talk with while you go through a tough climb. Perhaps that's just a minority opinion and a personal one on the matter, but ranked really has reached a point where it's not that fun to play due to the level of selfish back-seating some battleships will do until everyone else on the team is dead or the inability to win a single game despite having 2 caps, the points lead, and ship numbers on your side.

Maybe ranked just isn't for everyone these days?

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
427 battles
16 hours ago, Szeksp said:

I have a friend but can't play together.

But you can play ranked sprint, clan battles, clan brawls, random, operations, submarines and coop with him. 

Players
0 posts

It's not allowed because it would give you an unfair advantage and WG likes to pretend that Ranked is competitive when it's pretty much Random Battles 7v7 for all intents and purposes.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,071 posts
23,063 battles
4 minutes ago, Vardog said:

It's not allowed because it would give you an unfair advantage and WG likes to pretend that Ranked is competitive when it's pretty much Random Battles 7v7 for all intents and purposes.

Well, it's not really "unfair advantage", the enemy team will also get a division, same way as it works in ranked sprints where the mode is fun because you can actually chat with an ally.

Players
18 posts
427 battles
2 hours ago, tsounts said:

Well, it's not really "unfair advantage", the enemy team will also get a division, same way as it works in ranked sprints where the mode is fun because you can actually chat with an ally.

Right, but one team can have a sunicum div while the other has an avg. div. which would be unfair. Also, ranked sprints are specifically there for the ones who want to div. 

Sign in to follow this