Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

PSA: If you are grinding Tier VI DD/CA/CL/BB use the new "Submarine Battle" game mode because it is great way to grind fast and efficient! :-)

27 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,451 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

PSA: If you are grinding Tier VI DD/CA/CL/BB use the new "Submarine Battle" game mode because it is great way to grind fast and efficient! :-)

Pleas note that there are lots of BOTs there so the game more resembles the "CoOp than "Random"... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

[ALONE]
Modder
2,173 posts
13,729 battles

CV can work too.

I mean, you will not sink subs or decide battles, but still can hurt some destroyers. :cap_popcorn:

By the way, these are not the usual COOP-bots, these are Testserver-AI bots. So beware, they can even stay in the back and snipe :D

• Cool 3

[LADA]
Players
566 posts
8,795 battles

No thanks - I'm busy chewing on some safety glass followed by having all my teeth pulled - roughly similar to the experience of anything that isn't a sub or DD in the circus mode.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Players
611 posts
12,031 battles

It's a great way to grind cruisers. Plenty of bot DDs to blap and you don't have to worry about red BBs so much.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,925 posts
16,171 battles

Gosh, yes. I have unlocked Implacable, Shokaku and Lexington playing this mode. It's an XP bonanza. Admittedly it will also drive you slightly crazy (**WiBbLE**) due to the gameplay, but great if you've got some lines you've not used and fancy getting ahead on levelling. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,903 posts
37 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Pleas note that there are lots of BOTs there so the game more resembles the "CoOp than "Random"... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

While a good suggestion, you don't face unicum divisions of 2-3 players in co op so it is a bit more hard than that haha.

• Funny 1

[SWAMP]
Players
364 posts
2,683 battles
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Gosh, yes. I have unlocked Implacable, Shokaku and Lexington playing this mode. It's an XP bonanza. Admittedly it will also drive you slightly crazy (**WiBbLE**) due to the gameplay, but great if you've got some lines you've not used and fancy getting ahead on levelling. 

Tried that myself in the Ranger, but quickly gave up.
Sub captains have become adept at abusing the 5,9 - 6m mechanic by now, and it's just immensely frustrating trying to support my team and (especially) DDs by taking out those subs if they just repeatedly dip below 6m as I approach.
Nothing really changed for the CV with the 5,9 - 6m mechanic in place, I'm now farming surface ships just as much as before.

Just that I'm actually farming mostly bot surface ships, as the only few humans remaining in this mode are all sub captains.

Not fun, but was a great source of XP for my Farragut (but again, super annoying if they abuse the 5,9 - 6m mechanic - as a DD you are extremely vulnerable if you are forced to use your guns at a range where you'd ideally want to depth charge).

• Cool 1

Players
1,546 posts
7,176 battles

Already grinded out Guépard and Icarus there, now it's Furious time.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,872 posts
27,185 battles
44 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

By the way, these are not the usual COOP-bots, these are Testserver-AI bots. So beware, they can even stay in the back and snipe :D

So basically way better opponents than the average players.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[-TPF-]
Players
3,925 posts
16,171 battles
16 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

Sub captains have become adept at abusing the 5,9 - 6m mechanic by now, and it's just immensely frustrating trying to support my team and (especially) DDs by taking out those subs if they just repeatedly dip below 6m as I approach.
Nothing really changed for the CV with the 5,9 - 6m mechanic in place, I'm now farming surface ships just as much as before.

Just that I'm actually farming mostly bot surface ships, as the only few humans remaining in this mode are all sub captains.

That's the way. You can farm DDs without the guilt that you're ruining some poor old DD main's day. They're just bots. Send them to Davy Jones's Locker and enjoy the rewards. 

I do agree, however, that the 5.9-6.1 thing is a problem. The number of times I have got the drop on a Sub only to see him become invulnerable by dropping 200m (which takes less time than my attack run, regardless of how well timed). Very frustrating. 

[SWAMP]
Players
364 posts
2,683 battles
9 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I do agree, however, that the 5.9-6.1 thing is a problem. The number of times I have got the drop on a Sub only to see him become invulnerable by dropping 200m (which takes less time than my attack run, regardless of how well timed). Very frustrating. 

Yeah.
It's very hard to get a spot on them to begin with (much harder than a DD), and the way the mechanic works right now would be comparable to a DD smoking up on demand with no drawback.
I wouldn't mind them submerging if it at least cost them something, like oxygen or a "dive charge", but per today they can just [edited] around with you with no consequence to themselves.
DDs at least pay a price to smoke up, which is their smoke charge of which they have very limited uses (unless RN).

The whole event has been a terrible introduction by WG.
Which shows - just watch the queue numbers for that sub mode.

It usually comprises of something like 1 CV, 1 BB, 1 CC, 1-2 DD and 170(!!!) subs.

Everyone wants to play subs, but noone wants to play against them.
Even as a DD, you get shafted by good sub commanders right now (outspotted, and going for depth charges is actually more risky for you than for the sub).
And while it's bad for a DD, as a BB/CA/CV there is nothing you can do really.
Just terrible the way they presented these subs to the public.

• Cool 2

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,767 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

That's actually a neat idea!! I have some lines( IJN's) that otherwise got ignored...

Players
1,112 posts
12,973 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Incorrect the 5.9-6.1 is in meters so it is and even worse change of the Sub dropping 20cm to become invincible... also they need to have it show what depth the sub is at even if not targeted because it wastes time switching to it to find out you can't hit it and CVs can't target it in the first place...

[EJDER]
Players
446 posts
23,473 battles

T6 Already done:) T7 Grinding Op Narai. And i'll wait next ranked for T8 grind... More RB points, more, moooore:)):cap_like:

[-TPF-]
Players
3,925 posts
16,171 battles
16 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Incorrect the 5.9-6.1 is in meters so it is and even worse change of the Sub dropping 20cm to become invincible... also they need to have it show what depth the sub is at even if not targeted because it wastes time switching to it to find out you can't hit it and CVs can't target it in the first place...

Of course, I had it down with all the other distances (KM!). It is a bit silly. I think that surface attacks at mid depths should have an effect - perhaps not damage, per se, but on the energy bar? (I haven't actually played submarines yet, so am a bit fuzzy about the mechanics).

Players
1,112 posts
12,973 battles
21 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Of course, I had it down with all the other distances (KM!). It is a bit silly. I think that surface attacks at mid depths should have an effect - perhaps not damage, per se, but on the energy bar? (I haven't actually played submarines yet, so am a bit fuzzy about the mechanics).

Essentially anything above 5.9m counts as surfaced and can be damaged by munitions also of note is that subs take damage as long as they are in the blast radius so even if the HE shell hits the water next to it the sub will take damage if it is in the shell blast.

Everything below 6m counts as submerged and cannot be damaged by Surface munitions only Depth charges or ramming.

This is why they all sit at 5.9m cause you gain nothing by being shallower and can quickly dip down to become immune to damage if spotted.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,451 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

I very casually finished grind on all of my "leftover" Tier VI ships... including the RN CV "Furious" (which I never thought I would finish)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,565 posts
20,169 battles
33 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I very casually finished grind on all of my "leftover" Tier VI ships... including the RN CV "Furious" (which I never thought I would finish)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

I did it for 2 out 3 CV lines. Can't get myself to play Ryujo.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
[NECRO]
Players
53 posts
Am 5.6.2020 um 14:42, Hirohito sagte:

Tried that myself in the Ranger, but quickly gave up.

I gave it a try once and actually managed to bomb a sub. The concealment of those buggers requires you to initiate the attack before you spot them, so either you have somebody spotting for you or - in my case - have a pretty good idea where the sub was heading when you saw it a moment ago. Of course you have to hedge your bets that the sub is either distracted or oblivious, or counting on you to overshoot before spotting it and being able to attack.

cvdrop.png

[SWAMP]
Players
364 posts
2,683 battles
41 minutes ago, IJN_Mikasa said:

I gave it a try once and actually managed to bomb a sub. The concealment of those buggers requires you to initiate the attack before you spot them, so either you have somebody spotting for you or - in my case - have a pretty good idea where the sub was heading when you saw it a moment ago. Of course you have to hedge your bets that the sub is either distracted or oblivious, or counting on you to overshoot before spotting it and being able to attack.

cvdrop.png

Hitting the sub, like you do as he's located 5,7m below the surface, is itself is no problem as he's slow and easy to drop on even if his concealment is good, the problem however is if he abuses the 6m mechanic.

That's when you can't do anything to the bugger.

[NMA]
Players
1,273 posts
18,920 battles
On 6/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Any numbers to back up your claim or is it based purely on a "feeling" of grinding faster :Smile_sceptic:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,565 posts
20,169 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

Any numbers to back up your claim or is it based purely on a "feeling" of grinding faster :Smile_sceptic:

You get a mission for 5x +100% XP a day when not playing  a sub. You get good base XP for shooting both DDs and Subs.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,451 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

15 minutes ago, quickr said:

Please read below...

12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You get a mission for 5x +100% XP a day when not playing  a sub. You get good base XP for shooting both DDs and Subs.

Exactly! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this