Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FrostVortex_

ST 0.9.5, changes to test ships

70 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
288 posts
11,254 battles

Slava? For real? If you make a mistake, you have to ride it till the end is guess....

 

and what is wrong with ludendorf? This is a problem? But Hindenburg is fine? Both were ******. and Lenin is fine, too? okay, sure...sure....

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,584 posts
3,220 battles

Full text 

ST 0.9.6, CHANGES TO TEST SHIPS

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

 

German battleship Ludendorff, Tier IX:

Based on your feedback about the previous name of the ship, we decided to rename it to Pommern, the same name which was historically given to one of the Deutschland-class battleships – in honor of the Prussian province of Pomerania.

 

Soviet battleship Slava, Tier X:

  • Fore- and aft-end plating reduced from 32 to 25 mm;
  • Fore-end armor belt's plating reduced from 150 to 100 mm;
  • Armor belt's plating at the edges of the sides reduced from 430 to 370 mm;
  • Armor belt's plating in the center of the sides reduced from 410 to 350 mm;
  • Amount of damage dealt to all parts of the ship except for the citadel, which is restored by the "Repair party" consumable increased from 40% to 50% 
  • The number of charges of the "Repair Party" consumable increased from 2 to 3.
  • AA parameters were changed:
    • Continuous AA damage reduced from 452 to 415;
    • Damage by short-range AA guns increased from 200 to 203;
    • Damage by medium-range AA guns increased from 473 to 476;
    • Damage by long-range AA guns reduced from 245 to 193;
    • Number of shell explosions in a salvo reduced from 10 to 8.

In her concept, this ship – along with French battleship Champagne – represents a specialized type of battleship that stands out for having more accurate guns but thinner armor.

Slava has a high firing range, effective AP shells with good penetration, and decent AA. However, the ship suffers from a long main battery reload time and an average HP pool.

 

Italian destroyer Paolo Emilio, Tier X:

  • Ballistics parameters were changed. Now shells will fly to the target slightly faster and on a flatter trajectory.
  • AP shells replaced with HE shells with the following charactristics:
    • Maximum damage - 1,950;
    • Chance to cause fire on the target - 9%
    • Armor penetration capacity - 23 mm.

According to her test concept, Paolo Emilio is a universal destroyer. Her main features are SAP shells and the "Exhaust smoke generator" consumable. In spite of having a long main battery reload time, the ship is quite a decent artillery platform due to her high damage per salvo. Having SAP and HE shells allows her to choose various targets. SAP shells are most effective against light- and medium-armor targets, and HE shells – against heavily-armored targets. High speed, the "Exhaust smoke generator", and a big HP pool allow the ship to survive under focused fire and change position safely and quickly.
The ship can also conduct frequent torpedo attacks from a long distance due to her long-range torpedoes and fast torpedo tubes reload. However, these torpedoes have low speed and maximum damage. 

 

German aircraft carrier Erich Loewenhardt, Tier VI:

  • AP shell penetration was increased.

 

German aircraft carriers

  • Probability of causing flooding by an aerial torpedo reduced for stock and researchable torpedo bombers of Rhein, Weser, August von Parseval, and Manfred von Richthofen.
  • Maximum bomb damage of Rhein's stock and researchable bombers increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
  • Maximum bomb damage of Weser's stock and researchable bombers and  August von Parseval's stock bombers increased from 5,200 to 7,000;
  • Maximum bomb damage of August von Parseval's researchable bombers and Manfred von Richthofen's stock bombers increased from 6,100 to 7,800;
  • Maximum bomb damage of Manfred von Richthofen's researchable bombers increased from 7,100 to 8,800;
  • Turning speed of August von Parseval's researchable planes and Manfred von Richthofen's stock and researchable planes increased by 15%.
  • Parameters of stock and researchable attack aircraft and rockets of Manfred von Richthofen were changed:
    • Number of rockets in a payload increased from 2 to 4;
    • Accuracy settings changed due to a higher number of rockets in a salvo;
    • Maximum rocket damage reduced from 5,000 to 2,800;
    • 203mm rockets replaced with 83mm rockets.

 

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,584 posts
3,220 battles
7 minuti fa, _FrostVortex_ ha scritto:

Read more here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/33

 

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Ludendorff's name wasn't really a problem for me but whatever. 

 

Nice changes to Slava

 

@MrConway @Crysantos i have a question tho; is Slava still going to be the alternate Tier 10 tech tree as she was originally planned?

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,937 battles

GOOD Paolo Emilio is back,hope it will be available for steel this such a nice interesting fun ship...unlike that piece of garbage that should have been sold for coal of shikishima.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,870 posts
27,169 battles
28 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Nice changes to Slava

 

Yes it is a nerf but Slava problem were always guns, their accuracy, velocity and shells. It was ship that promotes sniping from far behind as that is where it excels. These changes just encourage that even more. Why would anybody push with Slava with this armour if it have guns that could consistently blap anything on long distances. Also Slava has great internal armour and 25mm bow would not automatically mean that if you overmatchit, you will be able to citadel it. It is nice step but WG needs to nerf those guns/shells.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,437 posts
6,028 battles

@Crysantos@MrConway

 

Pommern Seriously WG? Why rename the Ludendorff only because a few leisure historians didn't like the name. And if you already have to rename then please choose a name that fits. And no, for a German battleship from World War II, Pommern just doesn't fit. They were always named after important people from German history.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,165 posts
10,649 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

It is nice step but WG needs to nerf those guns/shells.

 

Which would make her basically useless. So either WG goes with this long range "unpunishable" (due to sitting so far back) sniper, then it needs the punsh. OR it doesn't, then the long range punch can go, but then she needs compensation elsewhere.

 

The basic idea was: One close range brawler with crazy armour and good guns close range (Kremlin) and one long range sniper with good guns long range but comparatively week armour (to drive home the point where this ship should be played).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,870 posts
27,169 battles
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

Which would make her basically useless.

 

Useless? They don't need to nerf them into ground but they are overtuned and need tweaks.

 

Just now, Allied_Winter said:

The basic idea was: One close range brawler with crazy armour and good guns close range (Kremlin) and one long range sniper with good guns long range but comparatively week armour (to drive home the point where this ship should be played).

 

Long range sniper BB is not what this game need. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,165 posts
10,649 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Useless? They don't need to nerf them into ground but they are overtuned and need tweaks.

Maybe. ... but given the "Hammer balancing approach" that sometimes shines through... I wouldn't wager any bets regarding how tweaking would turn out.

 

4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Long range sniper BB is not what this game need. 

 

Again: Maybe. There's a lot this game doess or doesn't need. I'm not in a position to judge that. All I know is that Slava looks like tons of fun for the guy playing. Same as with CV's, or Smolensks or Thunderers (which atm seems to be stronger than Slava bar the long range pen).

 

Keep in mind what Jingles said about Warships: WG doesn't (primarily) bring in ships that are fun to play against, WG also doesn't bring in ships that are fun to play with as teammates. WG primarily brings ships that are fun to play for the individual user.

 

If this user is happy (due to the fun he had smacking folks across the map for 30k), then chances are high that he'll continue playing.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,870 posts
27,169 battles
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

Maybe. ... but given the "Hammer balancing approach" that sometimes shines through... I wouldn't wager any bets regarding how tweaking would turn out.

 

WG tweaked Riga guns quite nicely. Yes they can do if they really want. 

 

Just now, Allied_Winter said:

Again: Maybe. There's a lot this game doess or doesn't need. I'm not in a position to judge that. All I know is that Slava looks like tons of fun for the guy playing. Same as with CV's, or Smolensks or Thunderers (which atm seems to be stronger than Slava bar the long range pen).

 

And Smolensk also looked as a ton of fun but game would be better without it in the game. Slava concept is horrible.

 

Just now, Allied_Winter said:

Keep in mind what Jingles said about Warships: WG doesn't (primarily) bring in ships that are fun to play against, WG also doesn't bring in ships that are fun to play with as teammates. WG primarily brings ships that are fun to play for the individual user.

 

If this user is happy (due to the fun he had smacking folks across the map for 30k), then chances are high that he'll continue playing.

 

That is true, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean that would improve game or gameplay. Or that I should not hate concepts like this. I can't prevent WG to include it in the game but that doesn't mean I would like it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,165 posts
10,649 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Yes they can do if they really want. 

I didn't say "they can't do it". I said: I didn't wouldn't wager any bets, as I think Slava's guns are good the way they are.

 

7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Slava concept is horrible.

Depends on what you're looking for. I'm looking forward to it.

 

9 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Or that I should not hate concepts like this.

Of course not. In that case we have to agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,597 posts
11,620 battles

Pommern? What a terrible name, I'm sure it will become known as pompom.

At least it wasn't nerf i supposed, those announcements will be later.

 

Good to see Paolo Emilio back, it looks like an interesting concept.

 

Slava should be interesting, we'll see.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,346 posts
36,646 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Soviet battleship Slava, Tier X:

  • Fore- and aft-end plating reduced from 32 to 25 mm;

:cap_wander:

How will be possible to play it? Total camper mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
12,769 battles

Finally slava is coming after 1.5 year but idk they will not set on alternate tech tree guess will be avaible for steel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NCDF]
Players
147 posts
4,869 battles
Zitat

Maximum bomb damage of Manfred von Richthofen's researchable bombers increased from 7,100 to 8,800;

That's more then a 100k citadel damage. Nice to see that you want to give those broken CV's even more devesatting capabilities... No T10 cruiser will survive one squadron, most BB's wont either, especially those at T9/T8...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RFTN]
Players
247 posts
1,789 battles
28 minutes ago, Echo_519 said:

That's more then a 100k citadel damage. Nice to see that you want to give those broken CV's even more devesatting capabilities... No T10 cruiser will survive one squadron, most BB's wont either, especially those at T9/T8...

the german tier 10 carriers plane health is only about the same as that of other tier 8 carriers, also other carriers can deal a lot of damage with their torpedoes, unlike the german carriers. the germans just have more of their power budget put into the bombers, than other carriers. the rockets won't do a lot against pattleships, nor will they do much against dds. the torpedoes only deal 4,5k damage per torp. so the only real way for them to deal meaningful damage to battleships is their bombers. also you will most likely at most get two strikes off on a cruiser, if you are lucky three. but not four.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,270 battles
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Ludendorff's name wasn't really a problem for me but whatever. 

 

Nice changes to Slava

 

@MrConway @Crysantos i have a question tho; is Slava still going to be the alternate Tier 10 tech tree as she was originally planned?

 I think this hasn't been finalized yet, so we'll provide more info on this once we made a decision. Will follow up later if I get more info on this.

 

39 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Pommern? What a terrible name, I'm sure it will become known as pompom.

At least it wasn't nerf i supposed, those announcements will be later.

 

Good to see Paolo Emilio back, it looks like an interesting concept.

 

Slava should be interesting, we'll see.

Well that's a subjective thing - it's the name of a region and while this German name might sound funny to non-Germans, the same thing can be true for any foreign name.

 

1 hour ago, x_scheer109_x said:

@Crysantos@MrConway

 

Pommern Seriously WG? Why rename the Ludendorff only because a few leisure historians didn't like the name. And if you already have to rename then please choose a name that fits. And no, for a German battleship from World War II, Pomerania just doesn't fit. They were always named after important people from German history.

It's always a fine line to walk with German names from that period - in this case we received quite a bit of feedback with concerns to the background of the chosen name, so we decided to make an adjustment.

 

1 hour ago, fumtu said:

Yes it is a nerf but Slava problem were always guns, their accuracy, velocity and shells. It was ship that promotes sniping from far behind as that is where it excels. These changes just encourage that even more. Why would anybody push with Slava with this armour if it have guns that could consistently blap anything on long distances. Also Slava has great internal armour and 25mm bow would not automatically mean that if you overmatchit, you will be able to citadel it. It is nice step but WG needs to nerf those guns/shells.

Let's see how she performs and what the feedback is - we changed her quite significantly in terms of survivability. If we need to make additional changes, we will :Smile_honoring:

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
392 posts
8,176 battles

Pls keep the Ludendorff name. It fits more the ship.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,584 posts
3,220 battles
30 minuti fa, Crysantos ha scritto:

I think this hasn't been finalized yet, so we'll provide more info on this once we made a decision. Will follow up later if I get more info on this.

Thx. It was just in case it had already been finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,870 posts
27,169 battles
36 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Let's see how she performs and what the feedback is - we changed her quite significantly in terms of survivability.

 

Considering its optimal playstyle don't require that survivability, which still seems quite decent, I doubt this will fix main issue with  Slava, long range accuracy and shell characteristics. We can wait and hope it would be properly balanced, but honestly, as it seems that WG is determinate to keep this long range sniper BB concept, I'm not to optimistic. If it is released in this state, wonder how long till it was removed from Armour because it is "too popular". 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,185 posts
9,087 battles

Slava changes are like the greatest reason why this ship should be canned.

 

Does it provide anything to the game? No.

Does it actually have any historic value? No. It's not even like this ship was a blueprint, because if it was, we'd not see lulzy changes in plating strength across the board, including stuff like main belt. It's a fantasy ship with fantasy stats now that clearly is not even some obscure sekrit document anymore and just serves so the sniper at A1 can still try and be valid, while having an excuse for backline camping.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OFFC]
Players
228 posts
14,233 battles

Hey why did you rename the Ludendorff? For what's like feedback?! He was a serious german general and war hero. Do not rename it.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,597 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

 I think this hasn't been finalized yet, so we'll provide more info on this once we made a decision. Will follow up later if I get more info on this.

 

Well that's a subjective thing - it's the name of a region and while this German name might sound funny to non-Germans, the same thing can be true for any foreign name.

 

It's always a fine line to walk with German names from that period - in this case we received quite a bit of feedback with concerns to the background of the chosen name, so we decided to make an adjustment.

 

Let's see how she performs and what the feedback is - we changed her quite significantly in terms of survivability. If we need to make additional changes, we will :Smile_honoring:

 

Greetings, Crysantos

All countries have areas with funny names, in pretty much every country.

I just think it sounds silly as a name of a battleship.

 

Please do not turn my RNG dial down any further!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×