Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Smeggo

[0.10.5] Show max speed of target at crosshair

16 comments in this topic

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
  • Show the current locked targets maximal reachable speed (not the actual speed) as cross-hair indicator
  • Works with every cross-hair, no other mod requirements
  • Replaces spot-distance info
  • Beware, for unknown reasons the client has only the stock-speed of techtree-ships listed. On e.g. midtier-BBs the actual maximal speed will be higher that shown.
  • value is without speed-flags or speed-boost

Best used with one of Nomogram's dynamic crosshair

I recommend installing with Aslains modpack: www.aslain.com

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10JzGwx9lwuQYbe4GZiLWqz7zEbj5nfmU/view?usp=sharing

Installation:

Extract and place into ...  ..\World_of_Warships\bin\xxxxxx\res_mods\

Thanks to: @PunishedKAsual +  @AutoSpy for coding help, @w03l0bed for allowance of macro usage and the WG-mod-team for unbound2-tutorials :Smile_honoring:

Unbenannt.JPG.1484ac233d2f0bd478718f28ef7066d4.JPG

• Cool 5

Players
1 post
1 battles

Hi

will be good, if you look to Crosshair_Indicators.unbound and pay your attetion to changes in the origanal file.
what for you used the old version of Crosshair_Indicators.unbound?
in this case mod does not work well

I remade this mod based on the new version - everything works great.
if you want - I can send my variant to you in PM

and what about unbound_settings.xml - mod works fine and without explicit mention in this file
on the other hand, other mods don't want to work with such content in unbound_settings.xml
in my opinion - this file is superfluous in this case
checked personally ,)

regads, Stiv372 from Ru server

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
Am 29.10.2020 um 11:59, Stephania371 sagte:

Hi

will be good, if you look to Crosshair_Indicators.unbound and pay your attetion to changes in the origanal file.
what for you used the old version of Crosshair_Indicators.unbound?
in this case mod does not work well

I remade this mod based on the new version - everything works great.
if you want - I can send my variant to you in PM

and what about unbound_settings.xml - mod works fine and without explicit mention in this file
on the other hand, other mods don't want to work with such content in unbound_settings.xml
in my opinion - this file is superfluous in this case
checked personally ,)

regads, Stiv372 from Ru server

Oh, I see - some of the "gun"-variables are renamed. Causing issues with CV. Looks like these are changes for the hybrid-ships. I will check it.

Alright, updated the file. Thanks for the hint. Should be fine now.

Players
1 post
1,541 battles

Hello,

I`m a new player to WoWs and I would like to share something I have noticed about this mod while trying to install/use it.

It seems it only works if you have the default rangefinder information. There is another mod in the WorldOfWarships Mod Station that slightly alters the rangefinder information (different colours/font/boldness of text) and i have noticed that if you install this rangefinder mod, the Max Speed of Target mod no longer works.

I don`t know if this intended behavior or a possible bug, however it would be worth to mention in the description of the mod that it only works with the default rangefinder UI provided by Wargaming.

Not_Working.thumb.jpg.f639ee652a22375ad94a9485b06f99b0.jpgRangefinder_Mod.jpg.b12dbd2c237536be54c471ff7c6b3804.jpgWorking_as_Intended.jpg.78d43e49f9a1f2f3a41ca9733050d214.jpg

Hope the screenshots help.

Thank you for the mod :)

Administrator
434 posts
12 battles
On 1/6/2021 at 3:01 AM, Yamzer said:

if you install this rangefinder mod, the Max Speed of Target mod no longer works.

Yes this is a known issue, we are looking for a solution.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

Currently not working due to changes in code. :fish_book:

[LOCOZ]
Players
1 post
3,489 battles
On 1/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, Smeggo said:

Currently not working due to changes in code. :fish_book:

Only now I am noticing how much I use and love your mod! Thank you and hopefully you are able to find a fix soon :cap_like:

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, ABoss_Knot sagte:

Only now I am noticing how much I use and love your mod! Thank you and hopefully you are able to find a fix soon :cap_like:

Thanks. I already contacted the devs for a hint, I'm optimistic I will get the code soon. :cap_look:

• Cool 2

[-BY-]
Players
159 posts
2,668 battles

Any news about an updated version?
Is it possible to show upgraded max speed or only stock max speed?

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, RAZ0RLIGHT sagte:

Any news about an updated version?
Is it possible to show upgraded max speed or only stock max speed?

I have updated it with the latest patch, but it is still not working on some players client.

Upgraded-max-speed is  not accessible in the client, so not possible, sorry. :Smile_amazed:

[-BY-]
Players
159 posts
2,668 battles

Such a shame, i hope it will somehow work in the future (maybe devs will change some code).

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles

I tested it. Everything is ok, but without change in unbound/markup.xml is showing null. Some people with their mods are publishing their own markup.xml, but then one mod will overwrite another, so modders are making PnF scripts to edit oryginal and prevent it. So as I said delete unbound/markup.xml from mod and make this change by PnF script. It's a few minutes of work and everybody will be happy.

Additionally compatibility with other scripts which change crosshair_indicators.unbound must be checked. Many of us are using coloured versions with enlarged fonts, to make it more visible and then this mod will not work for them too. If it is not compatibile, then publish such info or better make compatible versions, as I do to my mods, so they can work with ex. Ollin ones without problems.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

Updated the max-speed-mod. (Doesn't need markup anymore, running completely in unbound 2 )  @MatroseFuchs

Beware - will still not work in operations, but will not display "null".

• Cool 2

[DVL]
Players
4 posts

Disabling "Radio Location Marker" and "Target Lock Markers" did the trick for me.

Max Speed works constantly now.

• Cool 1